Thread: Game won't play

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Game won't play

I need some help getting this game to play properly. I'm running Win7 on a Fujitsu Lifebook. I have IL-Pacfic Fighters and it works fine but Cliffs of Dover won't. Particularly I can't change the myriad of control commands into something useful. No matter what I select/change and apply, they don't take. Any suggestions?

Thanks
    yanleeclipper747

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    328.74 MB

Re: Game won't play

Are you able to startup the sim fine?
    Are graphics all functioning properly etc?

As far as controls go, have you tried saving them to a specific file? Often times this will solve it, just name it something you'll remember like MySettings.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    108.53 MB

Hi Yankee,
    A qwik search on Fujitsu Lifebooks tells me it is basically a laptop used for office type uses. It is NOT a gaming laptop. It has integrated graphics.
    Cliifs of Dover and all other modern combat flight sims are VERY demanding on PC resources and require a minimum set of PC hardware to be able to even run them including a reasonably capable DEDICATED graphics card.
    Unfortunately your Lifebook does not come close to meeting those requirements. IL2 Pacific Fighters is a very old game.
    Are u able to post the specs of your Lifebook ?
    System specs:
    Gaming laptop: Metabox P750ZM, CPU Intel i7-4790K @ 4GHz, GTX 980m with 8Gb DDR5 VRAM, 16Gb Dual channel DDR3 RAM, 2 x Samsung EVO 840 500Gb SSDs, Win10 Home 64bit.

Gaming PC: MSI PRO Z690 WIFI DDR5 mobo, Intel i5 12600KF cpu, 32Gb Corsair DDR5 5200Mhz RAM, Samsung 980 Pro 1 TB M2 SSD, Corsair 850w psu, MSI RTX 3070 8GB vram vid card, Windows 10 Home 64bit.

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_TCP View Post
    Are you able to startup the sim fine?
    Are graphics all functioning properly etc?

As far as controls go, have you tried saving them to a specific file? Often times this will solve it, just name it something you'll remember like MySettings.
    Yes the SIM works, graphics are sometimes a little jerky and I've checked Setting but can't find out why I can't change the various control options.

5. Likes Jdsaun liked this post