Thread: Missing engine still giving power on Blenheim IV.

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Missing engine still giving power on Blenheim IV.

Following a mid-air collision with an AI Blenheim I, on the TWC Campaign server, I lost the right hand engine unit (it detached itself).

After regaining control of my Blenheim IV (early) After I ditched the bombs over France and informed the rest of the formation that I was RTB with severe damage, I turned for home. I then proceeded to shut down the fuel supply for the missing engine. This caused the engine noise to change to just the left engine, my Blenheim IV to start to veer and bank right, the airspeed to drop from IAS 130 MPH @ 15,000 Feet to IAS 100 MPH @ 15,000 Feet, the right engine RPM guage to drop to 0 RPM and the right engine oil pressure guage to drop, along with the corresponding oil temperature guage and manifold temperature guage.

Restoring the fuel supply to the missing engine restored the missing engine's thrust and guage readings allowing me to increase my airspeed back to IAS 130 MPH @ 14,000 Feet. In essence I was receiving power from a "ghost" engine on the right wing but with the drag factors of it being absent.

This is an interesting bug in that the aircraft's performance is not affected by by an engine detaching itself if the simulation regards the detached engine as still viable & undamaged. I've lost an engine through a FlaK hit before now and the Blenheim always behaves correctly for a missing engine with all gauges zeroing or dropping and thrust being lost because thee FlaK hit damaged the detached engine.

May I suggest that if an engine becomes detached that it automatically is flagged as seized, which should prevent a similar repeat situation occurring.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Likes DD_FT, RAF74_Buzzsaw liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    320.64 MB

Re: Missing engine still giving power on Blenheim IV.

We'll see if we can find the bug.

Quote Originally Posted by 1CAG Panzergranate View Post
    Following a mid-air collision with an AI Blenheim I, on the TWC Campaign server, I lost the right hand engine unit (it detached itself).

After regaining control of my Blenheim IV (early) After I ditched the bombs over France and informed the rest of the formation that I was RTB with severe damage, I turned for home. I then proceeded to shut down the fuel supply for the missing engine. This caused the engine noise to change to just the left engine, my Blenheim IV to start to veer and bank right, the airspeed to drop from IAS 130 MPH @ 15,000 Feet to IAS 100 MPH @ 15,000 Feet, the right engine RPM guage to drop to 0 RPM and the right engine oil pressure guage to drop, along with the corresponding oil temperature guage and manifold temperature guage.

Restoring the fuel supply to the missing engine restored the missing engine's thrust and guage readings allowing me to increase my airspeed back to IAS 130 MPH @ 14,000 Feet. In essence I was receiving power from a "ghost" engine on the right wing but with the drag factors of it being absent.

This is an interesting bug in that the aircraft's performance is not affected by by an engine detaching itself if the simulation regards the detached engine as still viable & undamaged. I've lost an engine through a FlaK hit before now and the Blenheim always behaves correctly for a missing engine with all gauges zeroing or dropping and thrust being lost because thee FlaK hit damaged the detached engine.

May I suggest that if an engine becomes detached that it automatically is flagged as seized, which should prevent a similar repeat situation occurring.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    818.69 MB

Re: Missing engine still giving power on Blenheim IV.

I had the same issue with a Beaufighter. Right engine gone but still working as normal. Happened in TWC campaign server.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    There's something good waitin' down this road
    I'm pickin' up whatever's mine.
    "Tom Petty...Runnin' Down A Dream...Full Moon Fever"