Thread: New to the CoDB

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

New to the CoDB

Hello guys. I play this great game since three days. Im using joystick T16000, dedicated throttle and Track IR5.
    Have some experience in BoX and DCS.
    Last edited by Bunialski; May-07-2020 at 18:19.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    571.41 MB

Re: New to the CoDB

Welcome to wonderland

It's epic !

- ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO - i9-13900k - ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 4090 OC - 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR5 5600MHz -
    - CORSAIR 1200w HX Series PSU - Corsair H100x Hydro Series CPU Cooler -
    - Big Screen Beyond -

- Virpil T50 Mongoos Flight Stick -
    - TM Warthog Throttle -
    - Slaw Device 109 Cam Rudder Pedals -

Highseas Peripherals
    - Engine Switch Panel - Munitions Switch Panel - Throttle Quadrant Trim Box - Helicopter Collective - Analogue Brake Lever -

Operated by a 1972 Standard Issue Talking Monkey

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    280.96 MB

Welcome!

Hope to see you in the skies of England and soon North Africa.

S!

DerDa

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    155.92 MB

Welcome aboard!

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    6.06 MB

Hey...Welcome, Bunialski! It is great to have you here!

I think I noticed you in the server the other day. Good to see you are having a enjoyable time. There is a lot more where that came from.

I would urge you to download Team Speak and say 'hello' in multiplayer. We are a very friendly crowd! All the best...have fun...and I hope we get to 'wing up' soon! Salute!

Supporting Member 9./JG52 Jamz Dackel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    4.0 KB

~S~
    https://ibb.co/vqQKb5H

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Its a long way ahead of me. I m just trying to learn basics now. After that I will try to play online. I really love the feeling of this particluar sim although I just started. However its probably the most difficult I played.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    280.96 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Bunialski View Post
    Its a long way ahead of me. I m just trying to learn basics now. After that I will try to play online. I really love the feeling of this particluar sim although I just started. However its probably the most difficult I played.
    Wrong way around!

Go online, say hello and you will quickly find someone to show you the moves, which will speed up your learning enormously!
    Just don't be shy, the worst they can do is shoot you to pieces

9. Likes ATAG_Highseas, ATAG_Marlow liked this post
    Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

I downloaded Teamspeak connected to the server. But Im not sure how this application works even Im trying to takeoff the plane but I cannot get the power to climb to the sky even if my temps are already ok 40/65. Im trying with Spit 1a 100 oct. Also i have really hard times to turn the plane on the ground. It looks like rudder is very weak. Im trying to use the right end left brakes but they work rather on higher speed. Neverthless still stugling with taking off the plane.
    Last edited by Bunialski; May-08-2020 at 15:11.

11. Likes DerDa liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    280.96 MB

No left, right brakes on the Spit, it is not an easy plane to taxi.

1. Set chocks, open your radiator full
    2. make sure you have full fine prop pitch (100%)
    3. give about 10 % throttle
    4. start engine, immediately afterwards increase throttle to ca. 20%
    5. wait two or three minutes for the engine to warm up
    6. try to increase throttle to see if the engine catches
    7. remove chocks, release brakes by tipping them once
    8. slowly increase throttle until the ac starts to move
    9. for tighter turns come to a complete standstill, give full brakes, full rudder and increase throttle

After take-off don't climb to fast. Try to get to speed on level flight with 95% throttle, 95% prop pitch, radiator about 60%.

I should start to write manuals ...

13. Likes Bunialski, ATAG_Marlow, ATAG_Ezzie liked this post
    Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Yep. I took off for the first time just before your post. I have bound chocks on the keyboard. Thanks for the concise informations for future take offs.
    Now I need to learn Teamspeak. Right now it says only, " user entered your channel, user left your channel"

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.23 GB

Hi Bunialski,

everyone wants to be a spitfire ACE, the girls , the glamour.

Seriously the Hurricane is an easier plane to begin with. easier to take off and land and in the right hands deadlier then the spitty.

welcome to Cliffs,

16. Likes Bunialski liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    571.41 MB

Yep. I took off for the first time just before your post. I have bound chocks on the keyboard. Thanks for the concise informations for future take offs.
    Now I need to learn Teamspeak. Right now it says only, " user entered your channel, user left your channel"
    The ATAG teamspeak details are on the home.page. password is Calais

- ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO - i9-13900k - ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 4090 OC - 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR5 5600MHz -
    - CORSAIR 1200w HX Series PSU - Corsair H100x Hydro Series CPU Cooler -
    - Big Screen Beyond -

- Virpil T50 Mongoos Flight Stick -
    - TM Warthog Throttle -
    - Slaw Device 109 Cam Rudder Pedals -

Highseas Peripherals
    - Engine Switch Panel - Munitions Switch Panel - Throttle Quadrant Trim Box - Helicopter Collective - Analogue Brake Lever -

Operated by a 1972 Standard Issue Talking Monkey

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    212.17 MB

Hi Bunialski. Welcome to Cliffs of Dover Blitz and our community.

Seems like you have already been getting a bit of help from the community and we will be happy to help with any other issues that you might have.

Not sure what your issue might be with Teamspeak. You have it installed. Are you connecting to ATAG teamspeak? Click on the ATAG teamspeak tab at the top of this page (No need to start teamspeak first, it will open automatically). You should be asked to enter a password, which is 'calais', then select a channel, axis or allies, depending which side you are flying. Obviously to speak yourself you will have to have a microphone, either voice activated or assign a key.

Hope this helps, and I hope to see you in the virtual skies soon

Intel i5-2500 CPU @3.30GHZ Quad core , NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti , 8GB RAM , Windows 10 pro 64-Bit, ASUS VS 278 27" Monitor , Microsoft Sidewinder 2 Joystick

Saitek pro Flight Yoke, quadrant and rudder pedals

PS3 eye Head Tracker using Trackhat software. Secondary Head Tracker , Ed Tracker

19. Likes DerDa liked this post
    Manual Creation Group ATAG_Ezzie's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    115.2 KB

Hi Bunialski - welcome aboard. Plenty of great advice already.

Re difficult - this is one of reasons why many us have played it for so long. If it was easy we'd get bored and move on to other things. Online 'combat' is a great challenge for most of us as u will hopefully discover.

Ezzie

21. Likes Erpr.Gr.210_Mölders, Silent135 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    438.08 MB

I'd also recommend you get familiar with the Hurricane first. It's a great plane and more stable on the ground and in the air - which can be said to be 'easier'. I love flying the Hurri and 303 Squadron did very well in theirs !

Daz

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1,002.26 MB

Willkommen an Bord, Flieger!
    Visit the Robert Mölders Facebook Group ( Left-click on the red link on the left to open the relative page! )
    Visit the Robert Mölders YouTube Channel ( Left-click on the red link on the left to open the relative page! )
    *Important Note: You can also open the Robert Mölders Facebook Group page by clicking directly on my signature image

My PC specs
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit ~ Intel Core i7-7700K 4.2GHz 8MB Cache Quad core
    ASUS ROG STRIX Z270H GAMING Motherboard, Socket 1151 ATX, Dual M.2, USB 3.1 Type-C ~ MSI GeForce GTX 1080 TI Gaming X 11G Graphic Card PCIE 3.0, 11 GB, GDDR5X 352 bit, 11.01 GHz, 1569 MHz
    Samsung MZ-V6E250BW SSD 960 EVO, 250 GB, M.2, NVMe ~ Western Digital WD Caviar Blue 2TB 64MB Cache, WD20EZRZ (64MB Cache) ~ Enermax Liqmax II 240 (ELC-LMR240S-BS)
    Corsair CMK16GX4M2B3000C15 Vengeance LPX RAM 16 GB, 2x8 GB, DDR4, 3000 MHz, CL15 ~ EVGA SuperNOVA GQ PSU 750W ~ NZXT CA-N450W-M1 Case for Gaming PC, Black
    LG 49UK6200PLA TV 49" 4K UltraHD, IPS Display, 4096 x 2160, Active HDR, Multitasking ~ LG 27UD68P Monitor 27" 4K UltraHD LED IPS, 3840 x 2160, AMD FreeSync, Multitasking
    Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS Joystick ~ Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle ~ Thrustmaster TFRP Pedals

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Thank you guys for all the responses. I decided to jump into Hurricane and its fine now.
    Learning every minute. Love the game so far. Absolutely!

25. Likes DerDa, DD_FT, Silent135, ATAG_Marlow liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    123.26 MB

Hey Bunialski

Welcome to the best WWII aircraft sim around. I stumbled across this sim myself back in the later part of 2018. Since then I have logged over 1100 hours (which in comparison with some is mild) most of which have been incredibly fun. I never really played the game offline much. Everything offline would put me in the cockpit, engine running, and ready to launch into a mission. I wanted to get into a "cold cockpit" and try the startup, takeoff, the works, and the only place I could find to do so was online. What a thrill those days where, sitting in my cockpit, hearing the other planes flying about, blood racing with excitement and wanting to get my aircraft up in the air. If there is one thing that I can impart on you, it is mastering the art of trimming your aircraft. In the beginning of my "career" I found frustration in having very little success in hitting my targets. It seemed I was always having to adjust my aircraft to keep my nose pointing at my target. While looking for a solution to this, I stumbled upon a video that helped me immensely. Below is a link for you to watch that will help increase your appreciation for this sim.

https://youtu.be/MqW450lGEKU

If you see me online, don't hesitate to say hi

27. Likes Bunialski liked this post
    Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Wow. That was interesting. I used trim here and there but didnt understood its vital role in the flight. I'm definitely going to try that right away.
    Thanks a bunch!

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    438.08 MB

Wow. That was interesting. I used trim here and there but didnt understood its vital role in the flight. I'm definitely going to try that right away.
    Thanks a bunch!
    It certainly does. Those little trim tabs make a big difference as your speed increases / decreases. Fly straight and level for a bit then go into a dive and watch the slip needle move as your speed builds up. That means you're skidding the plane sideways and your shooting aim will be off target. Real life veteran pilots have also noted how they deliberately flew with a bit of side-slip in case they got bounced and it might make the attacking pilot miss his shot.

Either way even with good practices like these I still get shot down every day in multiplayer hehe !

If i recall there are a few good, useful videos in that youtube channel.

Daz

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Thats a huge difference. Just tested and scored bomber rel quick. Graeat, great!. Can I actually refuel and rearm on airfield somehow?

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    123.26 MB

Can I actually refuel and rearm on airfield somehow?
    I'm not too sure about the other servers, but on the TWC servers you can. You have to make sure of a few things first:

1. aircraft is stopped and the fuel cock is turned off
    2. chocks are in
    3. magnetos are off

Once that is done, simply type into the chat line <rr
    This will begin the refueling process. Partway through you will receive a damage report, you can then decide to abandon the refuel/rearm by exiting and getting a new aircraft, or if there is no damage or minimal damage you can simply wait the process out. Once refueling is done, rearming will start. Once rearming is completed you will be informed that your aircraft is ready to be restarted. It sounds like a long process but really only takes a minute or two.

Please note, the <rr command can also accommodate some variables, most notably is the <rr75 which tells the ground crew to only fill my tanks to 75%. For all chat server commands the "less than" < symbol needs to precede the command. In the server chat window you can type <help to find a listing of server chat commands.

Good luck and happy hunting

Oh and remember:

"If you can walk away from a landing, it’s a good landing. If you use the airplane the next day, it’s an outstanding landing." Chuck Yeager; USAF

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    438.08 MB

. Can I actually refuel and rearm on airfield somehow?
    A newer version of the rearm / refuel option is found pressing the Tab key. Then you get several options depending on the server or map including rearm / refuel and show damage. If you have not yet switched off the magnetos etc it will tell you to do so before it rearms / refuels your plane. There is a countdown timer for each to let you know when it's ready.

In reality most of us (definitely me) are smashed full of holes, crashed far away from home base, or dead. It's easier to get a new plane.

You asked yesterday on the DangerDogz server asking about Discord. I guess some use it but mostly it's Teamspeak. It's a great way to connect with other flyers, especially flying on servers like ATAG where there are no name or map icons. Without it you may never see another aircraft with such a large map area. I know from early experience.

Pretty well all the questions you will have from hardware settings to engine management and combat tactics are on this forum, and better explained than asking in the server while people are playing. I still find information on here regularly after many years.

And I agree it's great fun.

Dazza
    Last edited by Dazza; May-10-2020 at 09:21.