Thread: uninstallling non blitze version

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    21.76 MB

uninstallling non blitze version

Hope this is the correct general location to ask this.
    When blitze arrived I installed it alongside the old original version.
    Never went back to it, how is the best way to remove it. Steam or windows uninstall (I have at least used the windows uninstall to be familiar with it).
    And If I do, which will go ie I have in Steam folder blitz version plus the original TF modded game. I assume steam uninstall will get rid of the correct version here (its not on C drive) and not blitz.
    But in win7 my documents folder I have 1Csoftclub with Cliffs of Dover and cliffs of dover - Mod. Cliffs of dover-mod now refers to original and cliffs of dover to blitz game version. Will steam remove either of these? Obviously be nice if it was smart enough to remove cliffs of dover - mod but I am guessing this wont be the case.
    Can i get away with renaming the non modded version (or a copy)? And will I have to remove the unused manually without buggering it all up?

Just to make it obvious - I want to keep blitz version and setups
    Last edited by 56RAF_stickz; May-26-2020 at 18:15. Reason: make more obvious

2. Likes ATAG_TCP liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    328.74 MB

Re: uninstallling non blitze version

I have wondered about this off-hand before, but never actually tried it.
    I am not actually sure if it runs without it or not now, I think it would, but am not sure.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    255.73 MB

Yes it runs. If you want to be on the safe side, as you say, rename the old "non blitz" folder and test it first.

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    21.76 MB

well that was somewhat less than a howling success. Steam uninstall - now says download when click on menu tem in steam - but its all still there nought gone at all

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    320.64 MB

Quote Originally Posted by 56RAF_stickz View Post
    well that was somewhat less than a howling success. Steam uninstall - now says download when click on menu tem in steam - but its all still there nought gone at all
    The name will remain, but the folder should be empty on your computer.

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    21.76 MB

thanks for reply buzz,
    no, my folder was still pretty full of all sorts of stuff
    I have sorted it anyway, my son pointed out (God bloody smart arsses - still he is a qualified games programmer so I guess has an excuse) that the launcher files were missing. Just not so obvious to see the missing trees wiv all that wood around. So i just then deleted the directory plus the mod directory in documents.
    Then when I woke up this morning I realised that included several missions I wrote several years back trying to re-enact specific BoB days with 100plus aircraft going around. What an idiot - put it down to heat stroke (Scotland doesnt get 30degC often) rather than senility.