Thread: Battle of Britain Museum - RAF Hawkinge

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    121.58 MB

Battle of Britain Museum - RAF Hawkinge

I bet many of the RAF flyers in Cliffs have put down at Hawkinge!

Here is my visit from 2019 which includes St Michael's Churchyard, where many of those were put to rest (including Luftwaffe personnel). The MINI Roadster JCW is mine - we got there early!

The pennant in the Church section is the Royal Naval "Church" Pennant. Flown at sea and in harbour, when we are holding a Church Service. (Both my daughters were christened onboard a Royal Navy Warship. HMS Bristol and HMS Illustrious - Their names are inscribed in the ships bell, which is turned upside down and acts as the font).

Last edited by Nails; Jun-03-2020 at 13:59. Reason: Typo correction!

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    438.08 MB

Re: Battle of Britain Museum - RAF Hawkinge

Fantastic museum at Hawkinge. I've been twice over the years and would go regularly if I lived closer than Canada ! So many incredible artifacts in the collection from fragments of metal to 'near complete' aircraft, each with a story related to the Battle of Britain period and the 1969 movie filmed partially on location. I've been following the recent updates since owner Dave acquired the (CASA) Heinkel 111 based for many years at Duxford. A stunning addition to the 3 Hurricane gate guards. With so much to see and the need for customer support I appreciate the 'no camera' policy though it will no doubt surprise most.

Fab place, everyone should go ! (When conditions permit)

https://www.facebook.com/The-Kent-Ba...6834467471736/

Dazza

3. Likes farley, Stormrider, Nails, ATAG_Pattle liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    121.58 MB

Re: Battle of Britain Museum - RAF Hawkinge

Quote Originally Posted by dazza View Post
    Fantastic museum at Hawkinge. I've been twice over the years and would go regularly if I lived closer than Canada ! So many incredible artifacts in the collection from fragments of metal to 'near complete' aircraft, each with a story related to the Battle of Britain period and the 1969 movie filmed partially on location. I've been following the recent updates since owner Dave acquired the (CASA) Heinkel 111 based for many years at Duxford. A stunning addition to the 3 Hurricane gate guards. With so much to see and the need for customer support I appreciate the 'no camera' policy though it will no doubt surprise most.

Fab place, everyone should go ! (When conditions permit)

https://www.facebook.com/The-Kent-Ba...6834467471736/

Dazza
    Cheers for sharing that Dazza.

Inside museum pictures came from the internet, I asked permission 1st! I met Dave during my visit, as he was on duty the day of my visit!