Thread: Map upgrading to present day graphics.

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.62 GB

Map upgrading to present day graphics.

Hello devs, Team Fusion, thank you for all your amazing work.
    I have only one request, pls upgrade your city/urban graphics.
    They look much like il2 1946, a total eyesore.
    If you can't do that, here is a thought.
    Can we just have an all rural map?
    Why? because the buildings and roads are circa 2000 not 2020.
    Pls up your game.

5 mins from the Red Arrows, 1 min from a good pub.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    1.01 GB

Re: Map upgrading to present day graphics.

I was going to make all sorts of sarcastic comments to this but, having thought about it for about 5 seconds, its a fair point.

The map does look very good rurally but is majorly let down with the road network especially after Blitz sorry to say. Im not sure what reason lay behind the highways expansion program and I hate to knock the hard work but the effect is less than pleasing. The manner in which the buildings "block" into view is also pretty jarring. I realise nether are easy or even possible fixes.

Im also not sure if making a landscape only map is even possible. But if it is and could be done easily (and i suspect it cant) its an option for some i guess.
    My Rig: Samsung 40" TV, 5600X on Air, RTX3080 FE, 32GB Gskill Neo 3600 CL16 RAM, M2 Gen 4 Drives, Corsair RM850X PSU, MFG Crosswinds, TM WH Throttle, Virpil Mongoose T50CM w/100mm extension, TIR5, EDtracker pro.

" Better a thorn on the outside than a prick on the inside"

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1,002.26 MB

Quote Originally Posted by BOO View Post
    Im also not sure if making a landscape only map is even possible.
    Luftwaffe attempted, at her best, to create an England summer map with no visible buildings from July to October 1940 but, unfortunately, they miserably failed
    Last edited by Erpr.Gr.210_Mölders; Jun-28-2020 at 09:34.
    Visit the Robert Mölders Facebook Group ( Left-click on the red link on the left to open the relative page! )
    Visit the Robert Mölders YouTube Channel ( Left-click on the red link on the left to open the relative page! )
    *Important Note: You can also open the Robert Mölders Facebook Group page by clicking directly on my signature image

My PC specs
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit ~ Intel Core i7-7700K 4.2GHz 8MB Cache Quad core
    ASUS ROG STRIX Z270H GAMING Motherboard, Socket 1151 ATX, Dual M.2, USB 3.1 Type-C ~ MSI GeForce GTX 1080 TI Gaming X 11G Graphic Card PCIE 3.0, 11 GB, GDDR5X 352 bit, 11.01 GHz, 1569 MHz
    Samsung MZ-V6E250BW SSD 960 EVO, 250 GB, M.2, NVMe ~ Western Digital WD Caviar Blue 2TB 64MB Cache, WD20EZRZ (64MB Cache) ~ Enermax Liqmax II 240 (ELC-LMR240S-BS)
    Corsair CMK16GX4M2B3000C15 Vengeance LPX RAM 16 GB, 2x8 GB, DDR4, 3000 MHz, CL15 ~ EVGA SuperNOVA GQ PSU 750W ~ NZXT CA-N450W-M1 Case for Gaming PC, Black
    LG 49UK6200PLA TV 49" 4K UltraHD, IPS Display, 4096 x 2160, Active HDR, Multitasking ~ LG 27UD68P Monitor 27" 4K UltraHD LED IPS, 3840 x 2160, AMD FreeSync, Multitasking
    Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS Joystick ~ Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle ~ Thrustmaster TFRP Pedals

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    571.41 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Erpr.Gr.210_Belial View Post
    Luftwaffe attempted, at her best, to create an England summer map with no visible buildings from July to October 1940 but, unfortunately, they miserably failed
    Here's to failure!

- ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO - i9-13900k - ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 4090 OC - 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR5 5600MHz -
    - CORSAIR 1200w HX Series PSU - Corsair H100x Hydro Series CPU Cooler -
    - Big Screen Beyond -

- Virpil T50 Mongoos Flight Stick -
    - TM Warthog Throttle -
    - Slaw Device 109 Cam Rudder Pedals -

Highseas Peripherals
    - Engine Switch Panel - Munitions Switch Panel - Throttle Quadrant Trim Box - Helicopter Collective - Analogue Brake Lever -

Operated by a 1972 Standard Issue Talking Monkey

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    2.38 GB

Quote Originally Posted by BOO View Post
    The manner in which the buildings "block" into view is also pretty jarring. I realise neither are easy or even possible fixes.
    Probably the greatest immersion killer still in the game, 'pop-up' buildings and landscape. I always wished they could work out a way to make the buildings and landscape objects fade into view like Colander did when he coded the clouds so they fade into view.

Sadly looks like with the game engine it will always be a step too far....but we have to live in hope the draw bubble can one day get a feathered edge
    "The needs of the Flight Sim Community outweigh the needs of the one or the few"

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    1.01 GB

Quote Originally Posted by Mysticpuma View Post
    Probably the greatest immersion killer still in the game, 'pop-up' buildings and landscape. I always wished they could work out a way to make the buildings and landscape objects fade into view like Colander did when he coded the clouds so they fade into view.

Sadly looks like with the game engine it will always be a step too far....but we have to live in hope the draw bubble can one day get a feathered edge
    DCS has such an effect. Bos too - its ok but not brilliant especially if zooming. I guess the fact of the matter is that we fly unpredictable paths, covering a lot of ground and currently too quickly have the preload headroom or processing power to render a large 20 or 30km bubble around us constantly.

I cant say for certain but over the many patches for both the other sims that major on "optimisation", the net result has been the cutting back of stuff like shadows and scene draw on the edges of the periferal view. Which is also a dreadful immersion killer when you turn your head to see it all pop in.

Having paid a little more attention to the landscape since the OP, a rural only map would seem impossible in any case unless it were done from scratch (but what do i know?). The mat seems to have the old road textures and town bases incorporated as opposed to being a separate layer whist switching off the newer roads also switches off the airfields and rail lines (but leaves the new trees lining them behind oddly). I guess the only option is to buy BOSenplatte. The population on that map, at least outside of the cities, is pretty much zero.
    My Rig: Samsung 40" TV, 5600X on Air, RTX3080 FE, 32GB Gskill Neo 3600 CL16 RAM, M2 Gen 4 Drives, Corsair RM850X PSU, MFG Crosswinds, TM WH Throttle, Virpil Mongoose T50CM w/100mm extension, TIR5, EDtracker pro.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    1.01 GB

Quote Originally Posted by Erpr.Gr.210_Belial View Post
    There are a few places where, with hindsight, it would have been beneficial to have left the lights on during that period.

8. Likes Erpr.Gr.210_Mölders liked this post