2. Likes ATAG_Highseas, ATAG_TCP liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    571.41 MB

Re: IL-2 Sturmovik: Desert Wings - TOBRUK Announcement

Quote Originally Posted by Bussard View Post
    On the title or the artwork?
    Mainly the colouring in if im honest.

Although it was 2 days deciding on the right green.

Art isn't easy.

But it does bring joy to so many. That is why I give so freely of my craft.

- ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO - i9-13900k - ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 4090 OC - 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR5 5600MHz -
    - CORSAIR 1200w HX Series PSU - Corsair H100x Hydro Series CPU Cooler -
    - Big Screen Beyond -

- Virpil T50 Mongoos Flight Stick -
    - TM Warthog Throttle -
    - Slaw Device 109 Cam Rudder Pedals -

Highseas Peripherals
    - Engine Switch Panel - Munitions Switch Panel - Throttle Quadrant Trim Box - Helicopter Collective - Analogue Brake Lever -

Operated by a 1972 Standard Issue Talking Monkey

4. Likes IIJG27Rich, ATAG_TCP liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    571.41 MB

Anyway... back to the main topic.

I liked the anouncement and I found that it gave a me a positive feeling.

To quote Lewis:

It's all about the fun !

Have fun guys !!
    Last edited by ATAG_Highseas; Jul-02-2020 at 20:01.

- ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO - i9-13900k - ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 4090 OC - 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR5 5600MHz -
    - CORSAIR 1200w HX Series PSU - Corsair H100x Hydro Series CPU Cooler -
    - Big Screen Beyond -

- Virpil T50 Mongoos Flight Stick -
    - TM Warthog Throttle -
    - Slaw Device 109 Cam Rudder Pedals -

Highseas Peripherals
    - Engine Switch Panel - Munitions Switch Panel - Throttle Quadrant Trim Box - Helicopter Collective - Analogue Brake Lever -

Operated by a 1972 Standard Issue Talking Monkey

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.23 GB

[QUOTE=Arthursmedley;356536]Surprised? Resigned would be more accurate. I merely point out the obvious. Unlike Colander, I hope the beta testers were a bunch of cynical old gits who went through it with a fine-tooth comb. Lets face it; there couldn't have been many of 'em.
    I'd be surprised if Buzzsaw didn't feel the same. Make or break time is here.

I'm really looking forward to the patch 5.1.0
    Don't let Grudges fester and poison your future happiness......get your revenge as quickly as possible.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1,002.26 MB

Once, in Italy, a beta tester wrapped in his thoughts, murmured this:

" The more I look at what you wrote, the more it reminds me the story of that loser who smoked a bunch of hashish and to whom, then, came a big headache.
    Then he took an aspirin to heal the headache but this reacted with the drug and he got a big stomach ache .
    Then he took a Maalox but the latter reacted with the aspirin and he got a great dysentery attack .
    So then he took an Imodium pill, which alas, reacted with the Maalox, causing him to collapse on the ground.
    At the hospital they made him a shot of Voltaren but this reacted with everything he has took previously and so he took an orchitis to his right testicle, which grew so much, but so much, that the last image we have of him is that of a big massive jerk
    "
    Last edited by Erpr.Gr.210_Mölders; Jul-02-2020 at 23:15.
    Visit the Robert Mölders Facebook Group ( Left-click on the red link on the left to open the relative page! )
    Visit the Robert Mölders YouTube Channel ( Left-click on the red link on the left to open the relative page! )
    *Important Note: You can also open the Robert Mölders Facebook Group page by clicking directly on my signature image

My PC specs
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit ~ Intel Core i7-7700K 4.2GHz 8MB Cache Quad core
    ASUS ROG STRIX Z270H GAMING Motherboard, Socket 1151 ATX, Dual M.2, USB 3.1 Type-C ~ MSI GeForce GTX 1080 TI Gaming X 11G Graphic Card PCIE 3.0, 11 GB, GDDR5X 352 bit, 11.01 GHz, 1569 MHz
    Samsung MZ-V6E250BW SSD 960 EVO, 250 GB, M.2, NVMe ~ Western Digital WD Caviar Blue 2TB 64MB Cache, WD20EZRZ (64MB Cache) ~ Enermax Liqmax II 240 (ELC-LMR240S-BS)
    Corsair CMK16GX4M2B3000C15 Vengeance LPX RAM 16 GB, 2x8 GB, DDR4, 3000 MHz, CL15 ~ EVGA SuperNOVA GQ PSU 750W ~ NZXT CA-N450W-M1 Case for Gaming PC, Black
    LG 49UK6200PLA TV 49" 4K UltraHD, IPS Display, 4096 x 2160, Active HDR, Multitasking ~ LG 27UD68P Monitor 27" 4K UltraHD LED IPS, 3840 x 2160, AMD FreeSync, Multitasking
    Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS Joystick ~ Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle ~ Thrustmaster TFRP Pedals

8. Likes DerDa, IIJG27Rich liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by Arthursmedley View Post
    Surprised? Resigned would be more accurate. I merely point out the obvious. Unlike Colander, I hope the beta testers were a bunch of cynical old gits who went through it with a fine-tooth comb. Lets face it; there couldn't have been many of 'em.
    I'd be surprised if Buzzsaw didn't feel the same. Make or break time is here.

As to the rest of your points - and those of others moaning about cross-forum reaction; get used to it. This is a commercial product.

What did Oscar Wilde say? "...something...something...one thing worse than being talked about something...something......"
    I'm speaking personally here, but I don't think anyone in TFS or in the greater community expects that TFS should not receive healthy criticism or honest critique.

If someone is not going to buy Tobruk, they should feel free to say exactly why. If there are things that you don't like, you should feel free to say exactly what those are. Its healthy and allows a dev team to understand what peoples experiences are and how to move forward.

However, for the better part of a decade there has been a contingent of people that continually insinuate that TFS is incompetent, untrustworthy, and willfully ignoring the desires of the community to deliberately create an inferior product. That attitude is incomprehensible to me and most people in the community. Its deeply insulting to TFS members who have sacrificed literally thousands of hours of free time and family time in order to create a game that we want as many people as possible to enjoy.

TFS quite literally wants all of the exact same things that the community is asking for (VR, Dynamic Campaign, updated graphics, etc etc), but we have to balance the free time and resources of our members, which means theres only so much that can be done within a certain time-frame. If there is a feature or fix you want, we are almost certainly aware of it and want the exact same thing. I can not think of a single conceivable reason as to why we would "ignore the community" as is sometimes stated, aside from ignoring obviously impossible demands.

Tobruk being a commercial product doesn't mean that TFS has access to a fully staffed and funded development studio.

Honest criticism is fair and right, but trying to paint TFS as having ulterior motives is not warranted, not fair, and it gets the response it deserves.

(Not saying that you are insinuating that TFS has ulterior motives, but that the insinuation has been made many times over the years so people often get defensive.)
    "So, the Sun is now a terrorist?"

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1,002.26 MB

Lets hope the beta testing was thorough and comprehensive, otherwise it's downward to oblivion this time round.

...I hope the beta testers were a bunch of cynical old gits who went through it with a fine-tooth comb. Lets face it; there couldn't have been many of 'em...
    It's a real pity that when there was the chance to help TFS, by providing the own personal availability for the Beta Tester role, you were busy in Tanzania to straighten bananas.
    Otherwise with your participation among us, a well known handful of poor little mortal human testers dressed with diapers only, I'm sure we could have reached levels of professionality and accuracy of which, currently, we can only dream of.
    What a pity...What a great opportunity we missed...
    Last edited by Erpr.Gr.210_Mölders; Jul-03-2020 at 11:23.
    Visit the Robert Mölders Facebook Group ( Left-click on the red link on the left to open the relative page! )
    Visit the Robert Mölders YouTube Channel ( Left-click on the red link on the left to open the relative page! )
    *Important Note: You can also open the Robert Mölders Facebook Group page by clicking directly on my signature image

My PC specs
    ASUS ROG STRIX Z270H GAMING Motherboard, Socket 1151 ATX, Dual M.2, USB 3.1 Type-C ~ MSI GeForce GTX 1080 TI Gaming X 11G Graphic Card PCIE 3.0, 11 GB, GDDR5X 352 bit, 11.01 GHz, 1569 MHz
    Samsung MZ-V6E250BW SSD 960 EVO, 250 GB, M.2, NVMe ~ Western Digital WD Caviar Blue 2TB 64MB Cache, WD20EZRZ (64MB Cache) ~ Enermax Liqmax II 240 (ELC-LMR240S-BS)
    Corsair CMK16GX4M2B3000C15 Vengeance LPX RAM 16 GB, 2x8 GB, DDR4, 3000 MHz, CL15 ~ EVGA SuperNOVA GQ PSU 750W ~ NZXT CA-N450W-M1 Case for Gaming PC, Black
    LG 49UK6200PLA TV 49" 4K UltraHD, IPS Display, 4096 x 2160, Active HDR, Multitasking ~ LG 27UD68P Monitor 27" 4K UltraHD LED IPS, 3840 x 2160, AMD FreeSync, Multitasking
    Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS Joystick ~ Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle ~ Thrustmaster TFRP Pedals

11. Likes ATAG_Knight, ATAG_Jerry, Pans liked this post
    ATAG Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    114.10 MB

Fantastic news.
    Looks worth the wait.
    Thank you to everyone at TFS.

Can’t believe I have missed three days of this thread already!
    Win10 x64, i5-10600K CPU @ 4.1GHz, ASUS RTX 3060Ti 8GB, 16GB(DDR4 3600MHz XMP) RAM, Dell 2560x1440 27" 165hz, Microsoft FFB2, Edtracker(wireless).
    Nvidia driver version: 537.58

5 mins from the Red Arrows, 1 min from a good pub.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    1.01 GB

and those of others moaning about cross-forum reaction; get used to it. [/I]
    Cross forum reaction is fine. But equally perhaps also get used to people in this or any other forum failing to understand how "Im not buying it without VR" is in anyway constructive (its a point for sure as is the lack of DCG at this time but its been noted acknowledged and responded to). The whole argument leans to we are cry-babys and they have a god given right to repeat the same statements ad nausium (but are not crybabys). They do have a right, but people in this forum have a right to vent their frustration too.

And there is some bull being posted too. Thats not critisism or discussion . Its Bull. Call it for what it is.

"2D screen and Hat Switch head views make me feel im flying in the 1990s"
    "Writing code so that is still works on outdated PCs"
    "Only listening to the few remaining players"
    "TIR freaks out all the time (no mention of the VR problems that used to prevent half of my old crew even flying a full mission or the fact the whole VR thing in BOS until recently (or even now?) seemed to rely on a 3rd party program that the devs broke every update or for that matter the truth that a well set up TIR doesnt.)

So it cuts both ways. If they are entitled to their views, so are people who disagree. If they are entitled to vent so are those who disagree. If they want to vent in a forum where they know they will more likely get a positive reception or they feel more at home, fine. It takes all sorts. And if ATAG is an echo chamber then be it so but lets also be honest in acknowledging that the other forums are hardly paragons of pulse accurate reportage either.
    My Rig: Samsung 40" TV, 5600X on Air, RTX3080 FE, 32GB Gskill Neo 3600 CL16 RAM, M2 Gen 4 Drives, Corsair RM850X PSU, MFG Crosswinds, TM WH Throttle, Virpil Mongoose T50CM w/100mm extension, TIR5, EDtracker pro.

" Better a thorn on the outside than a prick on the inside"

14. Likes MrSteven liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    42.93 MB

Well, very good and surprising news! Thank you for that, genious gorgerouse TF-nerds!

TG
    The fun is always in the sun

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    319.97 MB

Quote Originally Posted by RedToo View Post
    What are the minimum requirements? Or to put it another way, will it run on Windows 7?

Cheers,

RedToo.
    The minimum requirements state Windows 10. We cannot develop, test, and support an operating system that has been officially declared obsolete and that has not received any security updates since January 2020. The very real risks for us and the gamers forbid this.

That does not mean it absolutely won't run on Windows 7. But you do that on your own risk.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    370.25 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Artist View Post
    The minimum requirements state Windows 10. We cannot develop, test, and support an operating system that has been officially declared obsolete and that has not received any security updates since January 2020. The very real risks for us and the gamers forbid this.

That does not mean it absolutely won't run on Windows 7. But you do that on your own risk.

I'm still buzzing around with good old windows 7. I did purchase windows 10 and will buy some new crucial DDR3..24 gigs. I did buy a big hard drive also. Guess I'm just too lazy but I'll get it all up and running some day. I still have my old asus P6TD Deluxe first gen i7 975 from nine years ago and it just keeps going and doing great for the things I enjoy playing. I can see it having to be replaced soon though and I would have but.... The other thing came up
    Last edited by IIJG27Rich; Jul-03-2020 at 12:18.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    319.97 MB

Quote Originally Posted by IIJG27Rich View Post
    . I did buy a big hard drive also. Guess I'm just too lazy but I'll get it all up and running some day
    If you also switch from Windows 7 on magnetic HDD to Windows 10 on a SSD, you'll have no loss of performance - maybe even a perceptible gain.

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    276.95 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Artist View Post

Thanks.

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.39 GB

Price - very fair
    No VR - so what
    It's not the BoX platform - hoorah
    All the other shortcomings - life is full of compromises

Tick, tick, tickety-tick.

Thank you for all the hard work, perseverance and dedication. It is appreciated!!!

Good luck with the launch.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    76.64 MB

Cool Re: IL-2 Sturmovik: Desert Wings - TOBRUK Announcement

Quote Originally Posted by Marcost View Post
    Price - very fair
    No VR - so what

Thank you for all the hard work, perseverance and dedication. It is appreciated!!!

Agree on this full 100%

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    2.03 GB

Price - very fair
    No VR - so what

Well said sir

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    173.64 MB

Price - very fair
    No VR - so what

As others have posted well said.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    712.59 MB

Price - very fair
    No VR - so what

Thanks for wishing us luck on release. And thanks for your positive post.
    http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2673&dateline=1390351127

Principle skinner

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    123.26 MB

Price - very fair
    How did I miss this?

What will the price of the new release be?

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    136.69 MB

Quote Originally Posted by TWC_Padre View Post
    IL-2 Sturmovik: Desert Wings - Tobruk will be available for purchase this summer via IL2sturmovik.com and Steam for 69.99 USD with a 15% launch discount during the first week of the launch.

Win11, AMD 3900X, EVGA RTX 3080 Ti FTW3 12GB, 128GB RAM, 3840x2160 UHD 43", Logitech G940, MFG Crosswind v3, TrackIr4Pro w Delanclip.
    VR: Samsung Odyssey+ (Windows Mixed Reality HMD), 2880x1600px total resolution.

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    32.1 KB

Hi All,

I got up this morning and had a quick read of this thread, and not everything so I am not trying to address concerns. I am not an active participating member of this community at the moment. Tobruk should get me back in the virtual skies, and I am looking forward to it.

I feel very proud for TF and all they have achieved. Even though I am not a member of TF and have not been flying, I still like to come on here and see the videos and the updates. Recognising the potential of a very broken sim, they have worked and even without source code realised much of what can be done. That effort was recognised with the agreement that got them source code, and now we are on the cusp of what I think is the "real" release of Cliffs. That is, the one where all the ground work has been laid tools created, and everything in place that if and when there is a 5.5 or 6.0 release, there will be something for everyone in it.

Right now fixes, a new map, 40 new planes/versions, and loads of new content, I can't wait. I will be putting my money down!!

As for the negative comments, how many of them have achieved anything like this? Great job TF.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    712.59 MB

Quote Originally Posted by TWC_Padre View Post
    How did I miss this?

According to 1C:
    : Desert Wings - Tobruk will be available for purchase this summer via IL2sturmovik.com and Steam for 69.99 USD with a 15% launch discount during the first week of the launch .

But you need to buy Blitz first if you dont have it yet (it costs 6 dollars now. Bought from Steam or the 1C site).
    Last edited by major_setback; Jul-03-2020 at 19:18.
    http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2673&dateline=1390351127

Principle skinner

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    32.55 MB

Price = 1/3 of the Brazilian minimum wage.
    JÄGER_Gauder

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    328.74 MB

I for one am in 111% aggreement and support of TFS approach to Cliffs, a very practical one, and one that any reasonable developer would take.
    "Finish building the plane first and 'paint it and make it pretty' once it is working."
    If you paint it first then you'll just get put off about building the thing, plus you can end up chipping the paint off in the process anyway
    There are always gonna be troublemakers, and people who genuinely just don't comprehend the things that others have to do, because they don't know about anything that isn't to do with their lives.

The team has done an excellent job, and they have done it exactly as it should have been done.
    I would love to preorder the DLC asap, but due to an unsecure income I wont be buying it for a while yet, however, that wont stop me from enjoying all of the epic improvements that will be rocking up in Blitz as well! After all, the Battle of Britain has always been the big fascination for me

Great work everyone, I don't know how to program, but I have seen that on this scale it aint no walk in the park! Also paperwork is eww.
    You guys have done it though!

And I sincerely hope that if you guys do decide to work on updates in the future that they will be a lot more enjoyable to work on and less stressfull

Well done once again!
    Last edited by ATAG_TCP; Jul-04-2020 at 00:21.

Supporting Member 9./JG52 Jamz Dackel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    4.0 KB

Fantastic news..

Looking forward to this..
    https://ibb.co/vqQKb5H

Veteran Combat pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    589.91 MB

Absolutely fantastic news team Fusion, you are the greatest!

Looking forward to VR capability ASAP, but will be buying regardless; you guys deserve all the support possible.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1,002.26 MB

Lots of people asking for VR? Pfttttt....obsolete device!

My PC specs

34. Likes danperin liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    76.64 MB

Cool Re: IL-2 Sturmovik: Desert Wings - TOBRUK Announcement

Overview of all aircraft included in IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Blitz and IL-2 Sturmovik: Desert Wings - TOBRUK

Last edited by Bussard; Jul-07-2020 at 20:23.

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.42 MB

Question Re: IL-2 Sturmovik: Desert Wings - TOBRUK Announcement

It's good to see the footage of new expansion.
    I've searched a lot about how many campaigns and missions are there but I couldn't find anything useful or official. Maybe I'm not a pro searcher
    Since I always play campaigns (over and over again) knowing about carrier mode means a lot to me.
    Last edited by shokri; Jul-06-2020 at 20:43.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast