Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: IL-2 Sturmovik: Desert Wings - TOBRUK Announcement

5 mins from the Red Arrows, 1 min from a good pub.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    1.01 GB

Re: IL-2 Sturmovik: Desert Wings - TOBRUK Announcement

Quote Originally Posted by shokri View Post
    It's good to see the footage of new expansion.
    I've searched a lot about how many campaigns and missions are there but I couldn't find anything useful or official. Maybe I'm not a pro searcher
    Since I always play campaigns (over and over again) knowing about carrier mode means a lot to me.
    Good question worthy of an answer.

Think the number of flyable aircraft is pretty well established now. The number of opportuites a single player would have to use them in a scripted mission pack scenario/furture dcg is probably of a lot more interest to a lot more people.
    My Rig: Samsung 40" TV, 5600X on Air, RTX3080 FE, 32GB Gskill Neo 3600 CL16 RAM, M2 Gen 4 Drives, Corsair RM850X PSU, MFG Crosswinds, TM WH Throttle, Virpil Mongoose T50CM w/100mm extension, TIR5, EDtracker pro.

" Better a thorn on the outside than a prick on the inside"

2. Likes shokri liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    136.69 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Bussard View Post
    Overview of all aircraft included in IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Blitz and IL-2 Sturmovik: Desert Wings - TOBRUK
    Hi.
    You forgot to add every tropical version to "Tobruk" expansion, they are Tobruk content, you can not play with them on BoB only servers.
    Most of them had to modify the 3D aircraft, the skins (not only the camouflages, but the technical parts too) the cockpit and obviously the engine model, air filters, etc too.
    Even if the main version is the same as european version, the tropical versions required lot of extra work on all area (skins, 3D, coding).

Win11, AMD 3900X, EVGA RTX 3080 Ti FTW3 12GB, 128GB RAM, 3840x2160 UHD 43", Logitech G940, MFG Crosswind v3, TrackIr4Pro w Delanclip.
    VR: Samsung Odyssey+ (Windows Mixed Reality HMD), 2880x1600px total resolution.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    76.64 MB

Quote Originally Posted by VO101_Tom View Post
    Hi.
    You forgot to add every tropical version to "Tobruk" expansion, they are Tobruk content, you can not play with them on BoB only servers.
    Most of them had to modify the 3D aircraft, the skins (not only the camouflages, but the technical parts too) the cockpit and obviously the engine model, air filters, etc too.
    Even if the main version is the same as european version, the tropical versions required lot of extra work on all area (skins, 3D, coding).
    I did realise that and for that reason I changed the overview, the tropical version is now added as 1 or as 2 in case of new aircraft in Tobruk expansion. This gives a fair count of all the variants.

5. Likes VO101_Tom, danperin, ATAG_Snapper, deep liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    136.69 MB

I did realise that and for that reason I changed the overview, the tropical version is now added as 1 or as 2 in case of new aircraft in Tobruk expansion. This gives a fair count of all the variants.
    Thank you

Win11, AMD 3900X, EVGA RTX 3080 Ti FTW3 12GB, 128GB RAM, 3840x2160 UHD 43", Logitech G940, MFG Crosswind v3, TrackIr4Pro w Delanclip.
    VR: Samsung Odyssey+ (Windows Mixed Reality HMD), 2880x1600px total resolution.

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    127.69 MB

Hello everyone, I have been waiting so long for the launch of Desert Wing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    88.77 MB

I'm somewhat late to this part it seems - usual story

Fantastic news - congrats to all concerned at TFS

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    76.64 MB

Cool Re: IL-2 Sturmovik: Desert Wings - TOBRUK Announcement

The original IL-2 sold 2 million copies from 2001 to 2014. Remarkable when you realise that Combat Flight Sim based on WWII is a niche market. I wonder what sales figures Desert Wings - TOBRUK can achieve in coming years. May be with good reviews 200,000-300,000 copies should be possible I think.

There is more competition nowadays, but IL-2 CLOD BLITZ/Desert Wings - TOBRUK sim has advanced FM, advanced DM, Complex Engine Management with clickable detailed cockpits and detailed historic maps. Clearly better than BoX and DCS can offer.

5 mins from the Red Arrows, 1 min from a good pub.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    1.01 GB

The original IL-2 sold 2 million copies from 2001 to 2014. Remarkable when you realise that Combat Flight Sim based on WWII is a niche market. I wonder what sales figures Desert Wings - TOBRUK can achieve in coming years. May be with good reviews 200,000-300,000 copies should be possible I think.

There is more competition nowadays, but IL-2 CLOD BLITZ/Desert Wings - TOBRUK sim has advanced FM, advanced DM, Complex Engine Management with clickable detailed cockpits and detailed historic maps. Clearly better than BoX and DCS can offer.
    In 2001 combat flight sims and certainly IL2 were not so niche. Game of the year winner in the mainstream gaming mags, No1 in the charts of ALL PC titles and able to be enjoyed on average home PCs with a 20 quid joystick. A genre with a ready made customer base of men brought up on War Films and common place airshows who largley equated PCs almost exclusively with home finance spreadsheets, Sims and/or War strategy games. A body of people who had never heard of the word "Console".

Different times and halcion days. A great alternative to pretending to be a bloody pointy eared elf or playing as something akin to a commando made out of bog roll tubes and lego.

I think you may need to knock a zero off your sales exprectations these days.
    My Rig: Samsung 40" TV, 5600X on Air, RTX3080 FE, 32GB Gskill Neo 3600 CL16 RAM, M2 Gen 4 Drives, Corsair RM850X PSU, MFG Crosswinds, TM WH Throttle, Virpil Mongoose T50CM w/100mm extension, TIR5, EDtracker pro.

" Better a thorn on the outside than a prick on the inside"

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    78.06 MB

Quote Originally Posted by BOO View Post
    In 2001 combat flight sims and certainly IL2 were not so niche. Game of the year winner in the mainstream gaming mags, No1 in the charts of ALL PC titles and able to be enjoyed on average home PCs with a 20 quid joystick. A genre with a ready made customer base of men brought up on War Films and common place airshows who largley equated PCs almost exclusively with home finance spreadsheets, Sims and/or War strategy games. A body of people who had never heard of the word "Console".

Different times and halcion days. A great alternative to pretending to be a bloody pointy eared elf or playing as something akin to a commando made out of bog roll tubes and lego.

I think you may need to knock a zero off your sales exprectations these days.
    I'll second this. In the 90s flight sims (closely followed by space sims) were synonymous with PC gaming. This gradually shifted towards first-person shooters and the increasingly capable home consoles - N64, Saturn/Dreamcast (remember those lol) and Playstation both ushered in a new wave of games and reduced PC gaming market share thanks to a much lower cost of entry and simpler operation. The massive success of IL-2 was a inevitably a combination of a core base of 90's flight simmers who had seen their genre start to slow, the fact that it was quite an incredible game for its time and the increasing availability of online multiplayer.
    Last edited by Pans; Jul-09-2020 at 16:27.

12. Likes ATAG_Pattle, BOO liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    190.23 MB

Release date ?
    I7 9700K@5.0 GHz | 32 GB DDR4 | Gigabyte Z390 AORUS Ultra | EVGA 1080 Ti | SSD 250 Samsung Pro | SSD 500 Evo | Samsung UE55KS7500 | VKB MCG PRO | Virpil Throttle | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR 5

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345