Thread: New Nvidia driver finally fixed the shadows pixelation

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1,002.26 MB

New Nvidia driver finally fixed the shadows pixelation

One of the problems that have always affected the Nvidia GTX 1080 TI was that, even at max settings and resolution ( I mean 4k ), the shadow borders looked a bit pixelated and the texture of the image always seemed to be a bit " reticulated " and in CloD, this was pretty evident in particular.
    Finally with last drivers available ( 451.48 ) Nvidia fixed it and now finally everything looks like as it always should have been.
    A " MUST HAVE ", IMHO.
    As always, if you don't know exactly what you are about to do, leave your Nvidia drivers as they are. Better an obsolete video driver than doing something wrong that could possibly roast your PC.

Last edited by Erpr.Gr.210_Mölders; Jul-03-2020 at 09:11.
    Visit the Robert Mölders Facebook Group ( Left-click on the red link on the left to open the relative page! )
    Visit the Robert Mölders YouTube Channel ( Left-click on the red link on the left to open the relative page! )
    *Important Note: You can also open the Robert Mölders Facebook Group page by clicking directly on my signature image

My PC specs
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit ~ Intel Core i7-7700K 4.2GHz 8MB Cache Quad core
    ASUS ROG STRIX Z270H GAMING Motherboard, Socket 1151 ATX, Dual M.2, USB 3.1 Type-C ~ MSI GeForce GTX 1080 TI Gaming X 11G Graphic Card PCIE 3.0, 11 GB, GDDR5X 352 bit, 11.01 GHz, 1569 MHz
    Samsung MZ-V6E250BW SSD 960 EVO, 250 GB, M.2, NVMe ~ Western Digital WD Caviar Blue 2TB 64MB Cache, WD20EZRZ (64MB Cache) ~ Enermax Liqmax II 240 (ELC-LMR240S-BS)
    Corsair CMK16GX4M2B3000C15 Vengeance LPX RAM 16 GB, 2x8 GB, DDR4, 3000 MHz, CL15 ~ EVGA SuperNOVA GQ PSU 750W ~ NZXT CA-N450W-M1 Case for Gaming PC, Black
    LG 49UK6200PLA TV 49" 4K UltraHD, IPS Display, 4096 x 2160, Active HDR, Multitasking ~ LG 27UD68P Monitor 27" 4K UltraHD LED IPS, 3840 x 2160, AMD FreeSync, Multitasking
    Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS Joystick ~ Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle ~ Thrustmaster TFRP Pedals

2. Likes ATAG_Highseas, BOO, \Hawk/, ATAG_SKUD liked this post
    5 mins from the Red Arrows, 1 min from a good pub.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    1.01 GB

Re: New Nvidia driver finally fixed the shadows pixelation

425.31 was the last decent all rounder for my 1080.

Will give this a try.
    My Rig: Samsung 40" TV, 5600X on Air, RTX3080 FE, 32GB Gskill Neo 3600 CL16 RAM, M2 Gen 4 Drives, Corsair RM850X PSU, MFG Crosswinds, TM WH Throttle, Virpil Mongoose T50CM w/100mm extension, TIR5, EDtracker pro.

" Better a thorn on the outside than a prick on the inside"

4. Likes Erpr.Gr.210_Mölders liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    438.08 MB

I never think of drivers until someone mentions them, then I'm typically several months behind. I really wish I could say I notice anything different when updating.
    Perhaps I just don't have enough variety of games and applications etc to really see how things apply. I've only got Blitz. No games, no apps.

Perhaps it's just I've spent all my years focused as a guitarist. I can pick out crap or great guitar tone in an instant, and apply the best corresponding facial expression.

I have a 1070. I apply new drivers and if things don't fall to bits assume I've done the 'right' thing.

Oh well, that's my limit of understanding.

Daz
    Last edited by Dazza; Jul-03-2020 at 13:40.

6. Likes ATAG_JackMaxx, \Hawk/ liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1,002.26 MB

Quote Originally Posted by dazza View Post
    I never think of drivers until someone mentions them, then I'm typically several months behind. I really wish I could say I notice anything different when updating.
    Perhaps I just don't have enough variety of games and applications etc to really see how things apply. I've only got Blitz. No games, no apps.

Perhaps it's just I've spent all my years focused as a guitarist. I can pick out crap or great guitar tone in an instant, and apply the best corresponding facial expression.

I have a 1070. I apply new drivers and if things don't fall to bits assume I've done the 'right' thing.

Oh well, that's my limit of understanding.

Daz
    Take in mind that somehow the changes and improvements are normally very peculiar stuffs so it's quite normal if you don't notice them at first glance if it wasn't already a bit that you were observing/keep an eye on them. So stick with the bass with 6 strings and don't bother yourself with the video card drivers too much ( maybe using the free time left to provide us with some good video of you playing it..at least here bass with 6 strings videos are always more than welcome )

Last but not least don't forget that the definition " guitar " is wrong. There are only basses with a variable number of strings, guitars doesn't exist ( If you follow Davie 504 on YouTube you know what I mean )

Last edited by Erpr.Gr.210_Mölders; Jul-03-2020 at 15:41.
    Visit the Robert Mölders Facebook Group ( Left-click on the red link on the left to open the relative page! )
    Visit the Robert Mölders YouTube Channel ( Left-click on the red link on the left to open the relative page! )
    *Important Note: You can also open the Robert Mölders Facebook Group page by clicking directly on my signature image

My PC specs
    ASUS ROG STRIX Z270H GAMING Motherboard, Socket 1151 ATX, Dual M.2, USB 3.1 Type-C ~ MSI GeForce GTX 1080 TI Gaming X 11G Graphic Card PCIE 3.0, 11 GB, GDDR5X 352 bit, 11.01 GHz, 1569 MHz
    Samsung MZ-V6E250BW SSD 960 EVO, 250 GB, M.2, NVMe ~ Western Digital WD Caviar Blue 2TB 64MB Cache, WD20EZRZ (64MB Cache) ~ Enermax Liqmax II 240 (ELC-LMR240S-BS)
    Corsair CMK16GX4M2B3000C15 Vengeance LPX RAM 16 GB, 2x8 GB, DDR4, 3000 MHz, CL15 ~ EVGA SuperNOVA GQ PSU 750W ~ NZXT CA-N450W-M1 Case for Gaming PC, Black
    LG 49UK6200PLA TV 49" 4K UltraHD, IPS Display, 4096 x 2160, Active HDR, Multitasking ~ LG 27UD68P Monitor 27" 4K UltraHD LED IPS, 3840 x 2160, AMD FreeSync, Multitasking
    Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS Joystick ~ Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle ~ Thrustmaster TFRP Pedals

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    438.08 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Erpr.Gr.210_Belial View Post
    Last but not least don't forget that the definition " guitar " is wrong. There are only basses with a variable number of strings, guitars doesn't exist ( If you follow Davie 504 on YouTube you know what I mean )

Hehe. I don't follow anyone. Certainly not someone on youtube half my age ! Sorry, I'm too old to have any interest in social media.

And I'm very happy with everything I've learned from Jimmy Page - including using an 18 string guitar.

OK. Now back to Tobruk. I'm itching to get into the desert.

Daz

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.39 GB

Same here, not sure if it's a blessing or a curse sometimes!

1080 Ti - I went from 445.xx to 451.xx and got stutters on DCS so switched back. Not sure I've got the appetite at the moment to change again

Regards,

M
    Last edited by Marcost; Jul-05-2020 at 08:03.

10. Likes Erpr.Gr.210_Mölders liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    1.01 GB

For some reason DCS seems to be a lot more finicky about drivers that most other sims i have. Stutter induction seems to be the biggest visiable problem with a lot of the green teams later drivers. The game is perceptably smoother on the older drivers but there is nothing measurable that i can see. Placebo perhaps but i dont think it is.

I see this driver offers added snakeoil for the latest Win10 build. A new driver and a new Win10 build is too much risk for me!!
    My Rig: Samsung 40" TV, 5600X on Air, RTX3080 FE, 32GB Gskill Neo 3600 CL16 RAM, M2 Gen 4 Drives, Corsair RM850X PSU, MFG Crosswinds, TM WH Throttle, Virpil Mongoose T50CM w/100mm extension, TIR5, EDtracker pro.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1,002.26 MB

Quote Originally Posted by BOO View Post
    For some reason DCS seems to be a lot more finicky about drivers that most other sims i have. Stutter induction seems to be the biggest visiable problem with a lot of the green teams later drivers. The game is perceptably smoother on the older drivers but there is nothing measurable that i can see. Placebo perhaps but i dont think it is.

I see this driver offers added snakeoil for the latest Win10 build. A new driver and a new Win10 build is too much risk for me!!
    Nothing is too risky if you create first a good restore point ( Thing always highly recommended to be done before any major modifications of your OS/drivers/etc )

My PC specs

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    438.08 MB

Well in this particular case I took notice of things and while flying Cliffs my GPU temperature sat consistently 10-15 deg higher compared to my previous 445.87 driver.
    I compared back and forth so I'll stick with the older ones for now.

I've a 1070 in an Asus ROG laptop hooked up to a 32" tv.

Look at me learning tech stuff.

Daz
    Last edited by Dazza; Jul-11-2020 at 14:21.

14. Likes Erpr.Gr.210_Mölders liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1,002.26 MB

At least here not noticed any temperature increase ( My GTX 1080 Ti run pretty much always at 56° but I'm using a desktop ). Check if the PC air intakes, air filters and fans ( Especially about this one check also if they are running at the correct RPMs; When I was playing on the laptop I had a similar problem and it was fault of the side fan about to pass to a better life and so running at lower RPMs even at the max speed ) are clean and working correctly because, at least IMHO, such an increase in temps is a possible indicator that something else not related to the drivers is not running as planned. ( 10-15° in more are quite a lot speaking of PCs, even worst on a laptop ). Take in mind that an heavy load on the processor of the video card, at the worst, should let raise the temperature of 3-4° max ) even guessing a super additional load provoked by the new drivers. Everything above it should be considered as a " Red Alert ". ( In any case never let the video card go above 75° max )
    Make a double check, better one check in more than the PC roasted ( In addition be very careful because the NVidia cards are prone to damages due to overheating ). Especially if you use the video card overclocked be very very careful!
    Last edited by Erpr.Gr.210_Mölders; Jul-11-2020 at 15:30.

My PC specs

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    127.26 MB

Some free technical advice...

First, download the driver from https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/drivers/, to a folder you can remember.

A common procedure for updating NVIDIA drivers is to first download and run the free DDU (Wagnard Software) to remove all video drivers. Run this from Windows' Safe mode (Hold SHIFT key while clicking on RESTART) from the start icon in the lower left of the desktop. After the machine reboots with no driver, run the downloaded Driver package. You'll have the option for custom or auto installation.

I always use custom/clean install, but I like to play with these settings. I've had no trouble with this procedure for literally years, but as usual, do this at your own risk.
    Last edited by Baffin; Jul-11-2020 at 15:26.
    Windows 11 Pro, ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Dark Hero, 2 TB Samsung M.2 SSD 990PRO. Intel Core i9 14900KF using TPUII BIOS feature. Air Cooling with Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE CPU Cooler w/ 2 fans. Crucial 96GB DDR 5 RAM at 5600 MT/s. LG 55" 4K OLEDC7P TV, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24G. Realtek High Definition Audio, Sony Surround amp w/ optical cable for 5.1 speakers, Ear Buds from Motherboard for Discord/TeamSpeak3. TrackIR5, Buttkicker Gamer 2, Thrustmaster Warthog, 2x Saitek X-52 (Buttons & Gear), Gear-Falcon Trim Box, Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals. Voice Activated Controls.

17. Likes Erpr.Gr.210_Mölders liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    1.01 GB

I dont routinely use DDU anymore than i have to. This is also DDUs own recommendation. Its a great tool for cleaning out a fubar'd install.

When i would use it is when rolling back a driver version. I have no evidence i need to though but it makes sense in my mind that things roll forward better than they do in reverse.

I did a little comparison of drivers installed with DDU and simply installed a la the normal way. In 15 drivers installed over about 12 months i saw no benefit with DDU nor any problems with the bog standard way.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    127.26 MB

Recommended usage: FROM Wagnard:

-DDU should be used when having a problem uninstalling / installing a driver or when switching GPU brand.
    -DDU should not be used every time you install a new driver unless you know what you are doing.
    -The tool can be used in Normal mode but for absolute stability when using DDU, Safemode is always the best.
    -Make a backup or a system restore (but it should normally be pretty safe).
    -It is best to exclude the DDU folder completely from any security software to avoid issues.

Line 2: ...know what you are doing. That's not asking too much of any technical software.
    Windows 11 Pro, ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Dark Hero, 2 TB Samsung M.2 SSD 990PRO. Intel Core i9 14900KF using TPUII BIOS feature. Air Cooling with Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE CPU Cooler w/ 2 fans. Crucial 96GB DDR 5 RAM at 5600 MT/s. LG 55" 4K OLEDC7P TV, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24G. Realtek High Definition Audio, Sony Surround amp w/ optical cable for 5.1 speakers, Ear Buds from Motherboard for Discord/TeamSpeak3. TrackIR5, Buttkicker Gamer 2, Thrustmaster Warthog, 2x Saitek X-52 (Buttons & Gear), Gear-Falcon Trim Box, Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals. Voice Activated Controls.

20. Likes Erpr.Gr.210_Mölders liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    438.08 MB

OK stop bickering over my incompetence hehe. I'll figure things out.

Daz

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    1.01 GB

OK stop bickering over my incompetence hehe. I'll figure things out.

Daz
    I hope we are not bickering. Just two different takes based on our own experiences.

good luck

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    438.08 MB

Thanks all for your input, it's appreciated.

Only reason I have this goofy giant laptop is I spent the lat 20 yrs travelling abroad for gigs or in residence on cruise ships. I've not had a tower since about 2002 and had to fly 1946 and later Cliffs during my downtime. After years of carrying hefty 17" laptops and MS FF2 stick in my backpack this is the last one.

Everything runs fine and well within advertised spec and other users posted results - though no doubt they're youngsters playing more intensive modern games.
    Probably time for a clean etc

EDIT: Indeed it was a bit dusty, but moreso I found the ROG Gaming Center had decided to put me in 'Extreme' mode as default on it's own. I've never used this before so that'll account for the increased heat. Today's sessions it seems has things back within my usual numbers.

Cheers
    Daz
    Last edited by Dazza; Jul-12-2020 at 19:23.