Thread: New YouTube homepage video - featuring voice over by former Dr Who Colin Baker

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    374.72 MB

New YouTube homepage video - featuring voice over by former Dr Who Colin Baker

Hi All,

Hope everyone is excited to hear that IL-2 Sturmovik Desert Wings - Tobruk is coming out this northern hemisphere summer.

Our plan this week is to update you on the campaigns and single missions coming with the release.

We have also updated our YouTube home video, which let's you know who Team Fusion Simulation is and also a request to subscribe to our channel. If you haven't already, we would appreciate it if you could.

We are incredibly lucky to have former Dr Who, Colin Baker, a great supporter of Team Fusion Simulations provide the voice over for this video.

If you haven't checked out this video, please take a minute (literally) to check it out.

Thanks again to Colin and Chris Weeks who recorded Colin for us.

And a special nod to ATAG_Marlow for his assistance. Thanks legend.

Cheers,

Pattle

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    370.25 MB

Re: New YouTube homepage video - featuring voice over by former Dr Who Colin Baker

I literally got a little lump it my throat Pattle. To say I'm excited about this event is rather funny. I can't think of a word lol

5 mins from the Red Arrows, 1 min from a good pub.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    1.01 GB

Re: New YouTube homepage video - featuring voice over by former Dr Who Colin Baker

gonna be picky - Colin Baker's voice alone is enough - dont really think he needs to be introduced as "former Dr Who". Thats the kind of thing you do when your advertising that he's appearing your town's local pantomime.
    Last edited by BOO; Jul-05-2020 at 08:24.
    My Rig: Samsung 40" TV, 5600X on Air, RTX3080 FE, 32GB Gskill Neo 3600 CL16 RAM, M2 Gen 4 Drives, Corsair RM850X PSU, MFG Crosswinds, TM WH Throttle, Virpil Mongoose T50CM w/100mm extension, TIR5, EDtracker pro.

" Better a thorn on the outside than a prick on the inside"

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    374.72 MB

Not everyone would know who Colin is Boo.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    1.01 GB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Pattle View Post
    Not everyone would know who Colin is Boo.
    so why make a play of it at all then?
    My Rig: Samsung 40" TV, 5600X on Air, RTX3080 FE, 32GB Gskill Neo 3600 CL16 RAM, M2 Gen 4 Drives, Corsair RM850X PSU, MFG Crosswinds, TM WH Throttle, Virpil Mongoose T50CM w/100mm extension, TIR5, EDtracker pro.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    328.74 MB

GUYS, the hits keep comming!
    Colin Baker aye? Talk about some epic blast from the past! From the originals There's just something about those couple of TV shows from last century and going onward from, that were just so....full of spirit I guess, its great to hear a voice from them again, and close to home too!!!
    Feels odd being a milenial and saying that...but with my upbringing I guess, I just really feel it..
    A bit over the moon right now, that is SO fantastic!!!!
    Last edited by ATAG_TCP; Jul-05-2020 at 08:41.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    370.25 MB

Just another tidbit...For those old folks that have been around since 2001 I think to see this sim still going strong..almost 20 years.. really means something special. Who knew

8. Likes ATAG_Snapper, rontaila, ATAG_Pattle liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    406.29 MB

Quote Originally Posted by BOO View Post
    so why make a play of it at all then?
    Pattle did it for plonkers like me that have heard of the Dr Who TV series (it’s famous, don’tcha know!) but, until now, not being a regular viewer, had no idea who Colin Baker is. I’ve posted the YouTube link to my personal Facebook page. Very few of my FB friends are sim enthusiasts, but I wager many of them know of, or would recognize, Colin Baker and his distinctive voice as Dr Who. What a great way to get the uninitiated - to flight sims - to watch an eye-catching video!

HP Omen Laptop 15, AMD Ryzen 5 5600H 16 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6 GB VRAM Win 11 64 bit 22H2 (KB5020044), Nvidia GeForce Driver ver 527.56, TrackIR 5, Gear Falcon Trim Box, Gear Falcon Throttle Quadrant, TM16000 joystick, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Quadrant, Saitek Pro Combat rudder pedals
    VR: None
    Installation path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    3.61 GB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_TCP View Post
    GUYS, the hits keep comming!
    Colin Baker aye? Talk about some epic blast from the past! From the originals There's just something about those couple of TV shows from last century and going onward from, that were just so....full of spirit I guess, its great to hear a voice from them again, and close to home too!!!
    Feels odd being a milenial and saying that...but with my upbringing I guess, I just really feel it..
    A bit over the moon right now, that is SO fantastic!!!!
    He's still going strong as the Doctor too!

https://www.bigfinish.com/collection...tor-collection

I'm so excited that I can't sleep now XD
    Author of the Their Finest Hour, Their Greatest Challenge, Desert Hawks, Eagles over Tobruk, On Ne Passe Pas!, and Rising from the Ashes campaigns for Cliffs of Dover Blitz and Desert Wings - Tobruk.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    1.01 GB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Snapper View Post
    but I wager many of them know of, or would recognize, Colin Baker and his distinctive voice as Dr Who
    Tom Baker

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    2.82 GB

Quote Originally Posted by IIJG27Rich View Post
    Just another tidbit...For those old folks that have been around since 2001 I think to see this sim still going strong..almost 20 years.. really means something special. Who knew
    I flew the demo at 640x480 pixels for at least two weeks before the boxed game first arrived at the local pc game shop, but I cannot find evidence of my involvement any earlier than 30 April 2002... It took me a couple of months to find out it was possible to take a screenshot and how to use the FMB to lay down a lot of truck convoys, thinking it would give me lots of stuff to shoot at... but that worked both ways!

It is pretty awesome to still be advancing this game. Well done TFS!

damage il-2 002.jpg damage il-2 001.jpg

ASUS TUF Gaming A15 FA507NV, AMD Ryzen 7 7735HS CPU, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Laptop GPU, 8 GB GDDR6 VRAM, 16 GB DDR5 RAM, 512 GB SSD, Windows 11 Home 23H2, VPC MongoosT-50 Throttle, VKB Gladiator Pro, MFG Crosswind, Wheel Stand Pro, EIZO CS240, Track-IR 5

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    1.01 GB

Quote Originally Posted by Bonditaria View Post
    I flew the demo at 640x480 pixels for at least two weeks before the boxed game first arrived at the local pc game shop, but I cannot find evidence of my involvement any earlier than 30 April 2002... It took me a couple of months to find out it was possible to take a screenshot and how to use the FMB to lay down a lot of truck convoys, thinking it would give me lots of stuff to shoot at... but that worked both ways!

It is pretty awesome to still be advancing this game. Well done TFS!

I only wished sims were as popular as they were then. Imagine how they could have developed if the market and money was still there. What we have is still better than what the reality says we should have though so im very grateful for that.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    406.29 MB

Tom Baker
    Well, that was worth a google.

58C0C3F3-D838-484E-855C-C8B83C6A89C4.jpeg

HP Omen Laptop 15, AMD Ryzen 5 5600H 16 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6 GB VRAM Win 11 64 bit 22H2 (KB5020044), Nvidia GeForce Driver ver 527.56, TrackIR 5, Gear Falcon Trim Box, Gear Falcon Throttle Quadrant, TM16000 joystick, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Quadrant, Saitek Pro Combat rudder pedals
    VR: None
    Installation path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz

15. Likes ATAG_TCP liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    1.01 GB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Snapper View Post
    Well, that was worth a google.

58C0C3F3-D838-484E-855C-C8B83C6A89C4.jpeg
    I have not intended to be disrespectful to Colin Baker and hope i havent come across that way. That someone trained to use their voice has done something for TFS is great. But when you speak of "distincitve voices" then its Tom Baker (for good and bad) who is generally associated with that. And far beyond Dr Who too. In fact you can barely watch an insurance comparision site ad in the UK without hearing him (or Matt Berry).

I just dont think the product needs to make a big play of its use of celebrity voice overs i guess. That a professional has done it and done it very well is probably enough. Enough also to casually drop in "oh thats Colin Baker" if someone asks.

I guess i just dont do starstruck

Anyhow - great vid.

Gotta go now. I got Bono and Lady Gaga round to look at me new self closing bog seat at half four.
    Last edited by BOO; Jul-05-2020 at 11:07.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    3.61 GB

Me when someone says that they don't like the D.520:

Author of the Their Finest Hour, Their Greatest Challenge, Desert Hawks, Eagles over Tobruk, On Ne Passe Pas!, and Rising from the Ashes campaigns for Cliffs of Dover Blitz and Desert Wings - Tobruk.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1,002.26 MB

A legendary voice, for a lengendary game, developed by a legendary Team! What else?

Visit the Robert Mölders Facebook Group ( Left-click on the red link on the left to open the relative page! )
    Visit the Robert Mölders YouTube Channel ( Left-click on the red link on the left to open the relative page! )
    *Important Note: You can also open the Robert Mölders Facebook Group page by clicking directly on my signature image

My PC specs
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit ~ Intel Core i7-7700K 4.2GHz 8MB Cache Quad core
    ASUS ROG STRIX Z270H GAMING Motherboard, Socket 1151 ATX, Dual M.2, USB 3.1 Type-C ~ MSI GeForce GTX 1080 TI Gaming X 11G Graphic Card PCIE 3.0, 11 GB, GDDR5X 352 bit, 11.01 GHz, 1569 MHz
    Samsung MZ-V6E250BW SSD 960 EVO, 250 GB, M.2, NVMe ~ Western Digital WD Caviar Blue 2TB 64MB Cache, WD20EZRZ (64MB Cache) ~ Enermax Liqmax II 240 (ELC-LMR240S-BS)
    Corsair CMK16GX4M2B3000C15 Vengeance LPX RAM 16 GB, 2x8 GB, DDR4, 3000 MHz, CL15 ~ EVGA SuperNOVA GQ PSU 750W ~ NZXT CA-N450W-M1 Case for Gaming PC, Black
    LG 49UK6200PLA TV 49" 4K UltraHD, IPS Display, 4096 x 2160, Active HDR, Multitasking ~ LG 27UD68P Monitor 27" 4K UltraHD LED IPS, 3840 x 2160, AMD FreeSync, Multitasking
    Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS Joystick ~ Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle ~ Thrustmaster TFRP Pedals

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    370.25 MB

Very early demo days. 9./JG52 Stigler made me that Anton Hackl skin and did a beautiful job. I still have it somewhere. I think me chasing Pope is the first screenshot I took

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    76.64 MB

Never heard about 1C Online Games, this is also mentioned in official announcement from Jason. On the other hand in the video you see the logo of 1C Games Studios and not 1C Online Games.

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.39 GB

Great video and made me think maybe The Doctor could also do some voice acting to help upgrade the current voice offering for SP ?

Regards,

M

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    1.01 GB

Quote Originally Posted by Marcost View Post
    Great video and made me think maybe The Doctor could also do some voice acting to help upgrade the current voice offering for SP ?

Regards,

M
    my vote goes to Matt Berry.

23. Likes Marcost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    213.59 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Marcost View Post

Regards,

M

Sure thing, now go ahead and bring that guy

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.39 GB

Baahaaandiits, faiy-ve maaaaaahleees, vec-torrrrrrr hu-wone ayeeet zeeeeeeeroooooooooo

Manual Creation Group fenbeiduo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    282.61 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Bonditaria View Post
    I flew the demo at 640x480 pixels for at least two weeks before the boxed game first arrived at the local pc game shop, but I cannot find evidence of my involvement any earlier than 30 April 2002...

Salute )

27. Likes Bonditaria liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.25 GB

Quote Originally Posted by Erpr.Gr.210_Belial View Post
    A legendary voice, for a lengendary game, developed by a legendary Team! What else?

..., played by legendary players?
    Gigabyte Z390 UD | i7 9700K @3.60GHz | 16.0 GB | Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti
    TM Warthog HOTAS | Saitek pro rudder pedals | TrackIR 5 | TeamSpeak 3.3.2 | TS Notifier 1.6.0h