Thread: Saitek EVO force and CLOD problem

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    161.38 MB

Saitek EVO force and CLOD problem

Hi,

all was well with CLOD window 7+10 upgrade then came a new rig and a proper windows 10 install, just getting back into flying CLIFFs and BOS after nearly a year away and getting stuff set up again. I always had an issue with BOS and FF enabled but simply had to and do have it disabled and can play it fine. However when using the Saitek EVO force the "test forces" in the control panel crashes the software but when FF box is unchecked i can the test and see all button and axis function. Now i uncheck FF then launch the game and all is ok until i go into MP or a single mission then the game just stops.....i have a Saitek Cyborg basic stick and the game runs fine.

I have gone into the Conf and set FF to "0" my limited knowledge is exhausted!

I use Saitek rudder pedals also if that has any consequences.

I fly left handed the EVO is ambidextrous so is the preferred option but if i really have to ill try a Microsoft SW Force 2 FF or take the plunge on HOTAS Warthog and go RH.

Any help on this would be appreciated.

Basha
    Last edited by Basha; Jul-06-2020 at 09:05.
    =BKHZ=

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    438.08 MB

Re: Saitek EVO force and CLOD problem

I do recall looking at this joystick for a friend and it has a long history of trouble with both IL2 series. I'm pretty dumb with computers but read frequently of problems caused by hardware/software conflict issues. Not everyone has the same set up so fixes will vary. Is there Saitek profile software running ? Have you tried using different usb ports ?

I just read this:

'The problems one may run into while attempting to use the Saitek Evo Force stick with 64- bit versions of some other flight simulators do not exist when using the aforementioned stick with IL- 2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Blitz. This does merit over accenting: the Evo Force stick will work perfectly with this simulator'

So maybe there's hope.

I use the MS FF2, no additional software, and have never used anything else Even though Cliffs FFB has never been perfect the feel from the control surfaces, especially under compression and stall are things I wouldn't want to go without. It's an ugly stick and there are so many amazing newer ones to chose from, but I won't go without FFB.

I'm sure someone, practically everyone with a computer will be more helpful than me !

Good luck and welcome back to Cliffs at an exciting time.
    Daz
    Last edited by Dazza; Jul-06-2020 at 11:02.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    127.26 MB

It always helps, when soliciting advice from forum readers, to include as much of your technical system specifications as you're comfortable with, down in the signature area. Responders are going to ask it anyways, so why not just put it out there automatically.

When asking for techniques and procedures help, adding background data like age, location, vocation and experience in your profile will help greatly in getting you paired up with the best instructor or expert on the site.

Welcome back to the best WW2 sim in the land!
    Windows 11 Pro, ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Dark Hero, 2 TB Samsung M.2 SSD 990PRO. Intel Core i9 14900KF using TPUII BIOS feature. Air Cooling with Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE CPU Cooler w/ 2 fans. Crucial 96GB DDR 5 RAM at 5600 MT/s. LG 55" 4K OLEDC7P TV, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24G. Realtek High Definition Audio, Sony Surround amp w/ optical cable for 5.1 speakers, Ear Buds from Motherboard for Discord/TeamSpeak3. TrackIR5, Buttkicker Gamer 2, Thrustmaster Warthog, 2x Saitek X-52 (Buttons & Gear), Gear-Falcon Trim Box, Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals. Voice Activated Controls.

4. Likes ATAG_Highseas liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    255.73 MB

Old post but maybe it works for you:
    https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic...t-ffb-drivers/

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    161.38 MB

Thx chaps, @Colander i have indeed read that post some time ago and again now, everything said on there sums it all up win7 64 with 10 upgrade all was well, as said on that thread Win10 is the issue.

Basha
    =BKHZ=

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    571.41 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Baffin View Post
    It always helps, when soliciting advice from forum readers, to include as much of your technical system specifications as you're comfortable with,
    For example.... if the chip you are running is a dorito

- ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO - i9-13900k - ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 4090 OC - 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR5 5600MHz -
    - CORSAIR 1200w HX Series PSU - Corsair H100x Hydro Series CPU Cooler -
    - Big Screen Beyond -

- Virpil T50 Mongoos Flight Stick -
    - TM Warthog Throttle -
    - Slaw Device 109 Cam Rudder Pedals -

Highseas Peripherals
    - Engine Switch Panel - Munitions Switch Panel - Throttle Quadrant Trim Box - Helicopter Collective - Analogue Brake Lever -

Operated by a 1972 Standard Issue Talking Monkey

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    161.38 MB

Now the owner of a MSFFB2....anyone want an EVO?
    =BKHZ=

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    45.82 MB

No thanks... I keep my MS FFB2