Thread: In Game joystick settings CLOD Blitz Steam

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    234.19 MB

In Game joystick settings CLOD Blitz Steam

My joystick is quite 'jumpy' and sensitive I have sensitivity turned right down.
    What other settings do you recommend to get a smooth and not oversensitive flight.
    I thought I would try in game settings before vjoy
    Getting back into this after a spell out due to work..old story but true!

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    277.05 MB

Re: In Game joystick settings CLOD Blitz Steam

First try and calibrate the stick in windows' Game Controllers.

Annotation 2020-07-09 233527.jpg

See if it spikes there, and if it does... either get a different stick, or introduce some dead-zone in CloD ... That might fix it, but it's a stop gap/workaround - if the stick itself is jumpy, then its pots are probably worn out...

What brand model stick is it? And, how old is it?

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    465.46 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Vicar 1 View Post
    My joystick is quite 'jumpy' and sensitive I have sensitivity turned right down.
    What other settings do you recommend to get a smooth and not oversensitive flight.
    I thought I would try in game settings before vjoy
    Getting back into this after a spell out due to work..old story but true!
    Hello Vicar. Since you are new here I have to make sure you know that turning sensitivity down means adjusting the settings to a higher number. Are you doing that? If so, how old is your joystick, you may have noisy pots. Potentiometers can produce noise spikes just like an old volume control on an old radio. You can actually see this by looking at the green indicator lines while in the Controls/Axis settings page in Cliffs. Every time you move and stop your joystick the green line will jerk slightly. You can use contract cleaner to clean the pots, but this is only a temporary fix, you will have to replace the old components, or buy a stick with MaRS contractless sensors.

Take care, and let us know how you are doing.

I7 12700K @ 4.8Ghz|RTX 3080Ti|32GB DDR4|1TB NvMe l LG OLED 48”TV|1440P @120Hz|VKB STECS l VKB Gunfighter III/100mm extension l MFG V3 Pedals l Falcon Gear Quadrant l TIR 5 l Cloud X Headphone|Widows 11, C:\Program Files (x86)Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz|20Mbs dl, 2Mbs ul

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    127.26 MB

Recommend you set your in-game controllers and in-game sound to maximum. Then adjust your computer hardware for the desired effects. The idea is to have the game provide the greatest input to your controllers which should have greater flexibility than the game does.

If, having done this you still have too much sensitivity, then work with the in game slider adjustments.

Technical stuff like this is much easier to reply to, if we know your computer configuration. Consider adding this stuff in your forum signature block.
    Last edited by Baffin; Jul-11-2020 at 06:08.
    Windows 11 Pro, ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Dark Hero, 2 TB Samsung M.2 SSD 990PRO. Intel Core i9 14900KF using TPUII BIOS feature. Air Cooling with Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE CPU Cooler w/ 2 fans. Crucial 96GB DDR 5 RAM at 5600 MT/s. LG 55" 4K OLEDC7P TV, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24G. Realtek High Definition Audio, Sony Surround amp w/ optical cable for 5.1 speakers, Ear Buds from Motherboard for Discord/TeamSpeak3. TrackIR5, Buttkicker Gamer 2, Thrustmaster Warthog, 2x Saitek X-52 (Buttons & Gear), Gear-Falcon Trim Box, Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals. Voice Activated Controls.