Thread: Static plane skins

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Static plane skins

[EDIT] did a bit more searching and sorry, this is a commonly asked question, my bad. Have read some of the work arounds, but not quite to my taste.

Hi all, first post here and relatively new to il2 clod, but a good 12yrs with il21946... Which has definitely come in handy with the FMB... Haven't ventured into scripting yet though - trying to preserve SOME of my sanity...

Just wondering if it is possible to skin static aircraft? I'm currently creating the wissant/audembert/Saint ingelevert complex and was hoping to show the various squadrons associated with them through their livery.

Other than it not being written in the games code, I can't see why you can't... The player aircraft changes default skin when the appropriate squadron is selected - just can't see a way to select that as an option for static aircraft in FMB.
    Last edited by R33GZ; Jul-14-2020 at 19:22.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    806.84 MB

Re: Static plane skins

Hey mate

One solution i know, not the best, is you placing a squadron on the airfield you want to use as AI planes, so you mark "parked" for those planes and 0% fuel.

That way they will spawn parked at the airfield with the skins you selected but will not move.

And welcome to ATAG forum!
    Last edited by danperin; Jul-14-2020 at 20:31.

3. Likes ATAG_Snapper liked this post