View Poll Results: Would you want to have a flyable Avro Anson in the sim?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, and I would be willing to pay extra fpr it.

3 10.71%
  • No, there are other aircraft I would prefer to have as flyables.

23 82.14%
  • I would probably like it, maybe pay extra for it, but I can also live without it.

2 7.14%

Thread: Flyable Anson

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    13.04 MB

Flyable Anson

How many player would enjoy having a flyable Avro Anson in the game, if TF were willing to model one?

Trying to post a poll here, not sure I'm doing it correctly.
    ASUS ROG Strix Helios GX601 PC
    Intel Z390 Chipset
    Intel 8-Core i9-9900K 3.6GHz
    Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 TI 11GB GDDR6
    2TB 7200RPM HDD
    1TB Solid State Drive
    64GB DDR4 2666 SDRAM
    850W PS
    Windows 10 Gaming Desktop

In honor of Arlie "Jack" Campbell, (1923-2006), United States Army Air Forces, WWII. Well done, Sir.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    6.72 GB

Re: Flyable Anson

I think I'd rather have the Dornier D0-17 & 217 flyable if I had a choice.Its been around in CloD since the beginning and gets a lot more use than the Anson. You might argue for the Sunderland or for that matter the unlovely but useful Supermarine Walrus, but I think the Dornier would get my first vote...
    ( Of course I'm just dreaming..we already have a lot to look forward to...)
    Attached Images Attached Images

3. Likes rontaila, Bussard, ATAG_Flare liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    3.75 MB

what exactly would you do with an Anson ? wasn't it just a twin trainer ??

Asus Z390 MB, 32 GB Corsair RAM, 850 W Power Supply, Intel Core i7 9700K GeForce RTX 2080 Super 8 G and about a dozen squirrels running on a wheel that I sometimes forget to feed !

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    76.64 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Blitzen View Post
    I think I'd rather have the Dornier D0-17 & 217 flyable if I had a choice.Its been around in CloD since the beginning and gets a lot more use than the Anson. You might argue for the Sunderland or for that matter the unlovely but useful Supermarine Walrus, but I think the Dornier would get my first vote...
    ( Of course I'm just dreaming..we already have a lot to look forward to...)

For something totally different I would say Supermarine Walrus to fly rescue missions!

6. Likes IIJG27Rich liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    2.38 GB

Sunderland or Do-17 as flyable would be interesting.TFS have already said they made a false cockpit to fly test the Sunderland but to make an historically accurate and modelled version would be a lot of work for a limited interest aircraft.
    The Do-17 I think is a good shout but there is so little reference material to model from.
    Personally, and as CloD can handle large formations, I hope the tea. Give us a Pt1C, a Razorback and 4 engine bomber, either B17 or B24....that would be spectacular!
    "The needs of the Flight Sim Community outweigh the needs of the one or the few"

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    78.06 MB

I really don't know what the Anson could bring to the game that isn't already covered by the Blenheim. What I'd love to see is a Fieseler Storch. It would be a fantastic tool to just explore the Channel map and make good use of that STOL capability to land on random fields. Pretty useless otherwise, though!
    Last edited by Pans; Jul-20-2020 at 16:41.

9. Likes DerDa liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    383.91 MB

A flyable Beaufort, Battle, Hampden, Walrus, He,59, He-115, Do-17/215, or SM-79 would all be more welcome as a new multi-crew plane in CloD. Especially the Dornier or Spaviero. The Anson was basically just a trainer and is not really necessary.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    328.74 MB

If you're after something to explore the place with, try the upcomming german trainer aircraft. (Forgot the model name)
    It should make a nice little run about plane, pop some civi paint on it and bob's your uncle!

I will admit, the Sunderland would be a spectacular aircraft to fly, but when the time comes. We have a pretty spectacular lineup already, and the right lineup I think, concidering the base sim is around the battle between Germany and Britain and some of the iconic planes brought to light during that time, I genuinely believe that making the list of MKs of Spits and Hurris and Messershmitts far broader was definitely the right way to go!
    One thing that got me with Cliffs, is that none of the IL2 series focused on British planes, Cliffs did from the start, one thing I would love to see is that that never changes
    Great work once again to TFS for keeping that idea going

12. Likes deep liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    438.08 MB

Simply for the sake of variety a water-borne aircraft would be fun. I used to enjoy flying them in 1946, just for a different experience.

The Walrus would suit fab. Though ultimately the sheer scale of a Sunderland would be wonderfully immersive to fly. Plus loaded with bombs / depth charges it could be used offensively. I've sat in a Sunderland (Sandringham) cockpit in the Southamptons' Solent Sky museum. Hearing of how many hours have gone into creating the flyable Wellington though I'd not seriously suggest a Sunderland.

Daz
    Last edited by Dazza; Jul-21-2020 at 09:38.

14. Likes ATAG_TCP liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    320.64 MB

Unfortunately making twin engined multi cockpit aircraft is a huge task.

The Anson was limited to training bomber pilots and some Anti-Sub patrols. It saw next to no combat.

If we go on to TF 6.0, our next twin engined, (or four engined) type will be one which saw a lot of combat and which will fit with the next module.

16. Likes ATAG_TCP, Gingerbread liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    13.04 MB

Well, although limited in scope, the poll says it all.
    I thought of the Anson based on a couple of considerations. One is how enjoyable the Anson is to fly (it is available as a third-party add-on in "another" sim) and how much I enjoy periodically flying over England and France in COD, just to view the almost unbelievable detail that can be seen by doing so. I thought the Anson, with it's greenhouse windows and pleasant flying qualities, would be an ideal platform for this.
    That the Anson wasn't used as a combat aircraft, but rather for training, transport and liaison, cannot be argued with. So I demur to the community and it's desire for a more "lethal" addition to our stable. There are plenty of aircraft that could be added besides the Anson that I would be delighted to see.
    Thank you all for the responses and happy flying!
    Chris
    Intel Z390 Chipset
    2TB 7200RPM HDD
    1TB Solid State Drive
    64GB DDR4 2666 SDRAM
    850W PS

In honor of Arlie "Jack" Campbell, (1923-2006), United States Army Air Forces, WWII. Well done, Sir.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    712.59 MB

Quote Originally Posted by chris455 View Post
    I thought of the Anson based on a couple of considerations. One is how enjoyable the Anson is to fly (it is available as a third-party add-on in "another" sim) and how much I enjoy periodically flying over England and France in COD, just to view the almost unbelievable detail that can be seen by doing so. I thought the Anson, with it's greenhouse windows and pleasant flying qualities, would be an ideal platform for this.
    That the Anson wasn't used as a combat aircraft, but rather for training, transport and liaison, cannot be argued with. So I demur to the community and it's desire for a more "lethal" addition to our stable. There are plenty of aircraft that could be added besides the Anson that I would be delighted to see.
    Chris
    Don't get us wrong. It would be wonderful to have a flyable Anson, and for a long time it was a wish of mine. But considering the huuuuge amount of time it takes to make flyable cockpits it is unfortunately not likely. It is just a fact that there are so many more desirable aircraft to make, and with the time constraints we have upon us, the most popular aircraft end up taking priority.

cheers
    http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2673&dateline=1390351127

Principle skinner

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    255.73 MB

Ok, let's keep it single engine with a Blohm & Voss BV 141
    I just want to see the fighters aim at the center of the plane and wonder why they never kill the pilot!

20. Likes danperin, ATAG_TCP liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    320.64 MB

The aircraft in your logo for example, would be a great addition to the game at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by chris455 View Post
    Chris

22. Likes ATAG_TCP liked this post
    Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.00 GB

A flyable Mosquito, what a lovely and versatile plane!

24. Likes ATAG_Soldat, ATAG_TCP liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    78.06 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_TCP View Post
    If you're after something to explore the place with, try the upcomming german trainer aircraft. (Forgot the model name)
    It should make a nice little run about plane, pop some civi paint on it and bob's your uncle!
    Bf 108 Taifun. It's a very different type, much more conventional than the Storch with a much higher(relatively) cruise and take off/ landing speed. Nor does it have the latter's incredible STOL ability. A contemporary comparison to their respective capabilities might be a Robin 401 compared to a Piper Super Cub.

Nonetheless, I think I understand why TFS chose the Taifun - the model was already in Cliffs as a non-flyable. I'm sure there were probably other reasons, but if you're looking to add such an aircraft it makes sense to add the one that will take the least work!
    Last edited by Pans; Jul-21-2020 at 20:05. Reason: clarification

26. Likes ATAG_TCP liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    13.04 MB

Quote Originally Posted by RAF74_Buzzsaw View Post
    The aircraft in your logo for example, would be a great addition to the game at some point.
    Buzzsaw, you're right, and I hope you have at least had a chance to "give her a go" in the "other" IL2. She is AWESOME.
    But in truth, in keeping with the British "Spirit" of the sim, I would rather see a Far East scenario, possibly Malaya or Hong Kong, replete with Brewster F2A Buffaloes, Hurricanes, Ki-43s, and and other aerial combatants. Time will tell..........
    Last edited by chris455; Jul-21-2020 at 21:07.
    Intel Z390 Chipset
    2TB 7200RPM HDD
    1TB Solid State Drive
    64GB DDR4 2666 SDRAM
    850W PS

28. Likes ATAG_TCP liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    76.64 MB

Unfortunately making twin engined multi cockpit aircraft is a huge task.

The Anson was limited to training bomber pilots and some Anti-Sub patrols. It saw next to no combat.

If we go on to TF 6.0, our next twin engined, (or four engined) type will be one which saw a lot of combat and which will fit with the next module.

Buzz, is for TFS 6.0 the Eastern Front or the Winter War (Finland 39-40) still an option? Winter War would be interesting. Most of the Finnish aircraft are already available and would make a great snow map with all the lakes. Finland with 114 combat ready aircraft versus Soviets with 2.500 at the start of the war makes it a challenge to fly for the Finnish side in missions and campaigns. Indeed a flashback to IL-2 Forgotten Battles from 2003.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    370.25 MB

Quote Originally Posted by 9./JG52 Pans View Post
    Bf 108 Taifun. It's a very different type, much more conventional than the Storch with a much higher(relatively) cruise and take off/ landing speed. Nor does it have the latter's incredible STOL ability. A contemporary comparison to their respective capabilities might be a Robin 401 compared to a Piper Super Cub.

Nonetheless, I think I understand why TFS chose the Taifun - the model was already in Cliffs as a non-flyable. I'm sure there were probably other reasons, but if you're looking to add such an aircraft it makes sense to add the one that will take the least work!
    The 108 is like a Mooney from the 30s ..My opinion

Mooney_M20_flying_clouds.jpg
    Last edited by IIJG27Rich; Jul-21-2020 at 21:17.

31. Likes ATAG_Flare, ATAG_TCP liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    370.25 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Bussard View Post
    For something totally different I would say Supermarine Walrus to fly rescue missions!

What a find

33. Likes Bussard liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.23 GB

would love to see it, fast and tough with bombs,rockets and lots of guns, it covers all the bases
    Don't let Grudges fester and poison your future happiness......get your revenge as quickly as possible.