Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: IL-2 Sturmovik Desert Wings Tobruk - Release Date Announcement!

The Demon-Haunted World: Science as a Candle in the Dark
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded

Re: IL-2 Sturmovik Desert Wings Tobruk - Release Date Announcement!

Quote Originally Posted by HurricaneHarvest View Post
    wrong! I just tried to pre-order and the price was US$60 (with 15% discount) = A$85 ! ouch

I'm happy to pay A$70 but nothing over that for a game.

I'll wait till later.
    $70 US dollar with a 15% discount is $59.50 US dollar. Current exchange rate for US/Australia is 1 US dollar = 1.39 Australian.

$97.01 AUS at 15% is $82.46 AUS.

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    3.0 KB

I would've paid like $200 for this.

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by 69th_Spiritus View Post
    $70 US dollar with a 15% discount is $59.50 US dollar. Current exchange rate for US/Australia is 1 US dollar = 1.39 Australian.

$97.01 AUS at 15% is $82.46 AUS.
    Isn't there a payment policy in some game companies that everyone pays the same price ? US$70 , C$70 , A$70 etc etc ? I vote for this ;D
    ((( Ryzen 5 - 3600X CPU @ 3.8 GHz )))
    ((( MSI GForce GTX 1080 Gaming X )))
    ((( 32 G Ram )))
    ((( Win 10 professional 64 )))
    ((( Samsung 4K monitor )))

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by MrSteven View Post
    I would've paid like $200 for this.
    When i was a younger sharetrader, I would have said similar ... but Now I'm a retired, wallet plague victim, poor person so ...
    ((( Ryzen 5 - 3600X CPU @ 3.8 GHz )))
    ((( MSI GForce GTX 1080 Gaming X )))
    ((( 32 G Ram )))
    ((( Win 10 professional 64 )))
    ((( Samsung 4K monitor )))

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    136.69 MB

Quote Originally Posted by HurricaneHarvest View Post
    Isn't there a payment policy in some game companies that everyone pays the same price ? US$70 , C$70 , A$70 etc etc ? I vote for this ;D
    Then can I pay 70 HUF? (approx 0.24 USD)

Win11, AMD 3900X, EVGA RTX 3080 Ti FTW3 12GB, 128GB RAM, 3840x2160 UHD 43", Logitech G940, MFG Crosswind v3, TrackIr4Pro w Delanclip.
    VR: Samsung Odyssey+ (Windows Mixed Reality HMD), 2880x1600px total resolution.

6. Likes ATAG_Flare, TheVino3, Gingerbread liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Hi guys!

Are there any TF members who have confirmed there will be "7 long form Campaigns based on historical Squadron experiences" at launch on Aug 6th as advertised in the 1C email for Desert Wings that came out the other day?

1C has always avoided single player campaigns like the plague, so I would like to save the $10 on the pre-order, but not if these campaigns do not exist.

Thanks!

8. Likes ATAG_Flare liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    280.96 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Bucksnort View Post
    Hi guys!

Are there any TF members who have confirmed there will be "7 long form Campaigns based on historical Squadron experiences" at launch on Aug 6th as advertised in the 1C email for Desert Wings that came out the other day?

1C has always avoided single player campaigns like the plague, so I would like to save the $10 on the pre-order, but not if these campaigns do not exist.

Thanks!
    First post (official release message from TFS) in this very thread:

" For the Single Player enthusiasts, the game also includes 24 Quick Missions playable with any aircraft, 7 long form Campaigns based on historical Squadron experiences, and another 14 single missions."

Manual Creation Group
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    230.81 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Bucksnort View Post
    Hi guys!

Thanks!
    Hi Bucksnort,

I'm not a TFS member but I can confirm I have personally translated briefings for all those campaigns, quick and single missions. DerDa who replied to you before me is another of the translators.

The campaigns are based on historical events. Some of the authors have even used real combat reports to get information for their campaigns.

I don't know what all is going to be in the initial Tobruk release. But I'm sure all mentioned here will sooner or later make it there. And likely, there is more to come. Another campaigns are being developed.

I hope you will enjoy them all.

Josef

Supporting Member Blade_Meister's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    4.48 GB

Your even calling it 'Stubby' over here. What is wrong with you people? Be sure to vote in my poll here ---> https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic...-martlet-poll/ and stop the insanity! Please, the Martlet's dignity is at stake here people!!!

On a serious note, can someone on TFS confirm that IL2: Desert Wings-Tobruk will be released by Christmas this year? I have been asking this question for at least the last four years and I want an Official Confirmation that DWsT will definitely be released by Christmas 2020. I want to hear it straight from the horses mouth dammnitt!!!

Congrats TFS, it has been a long hard road, but hopefully now the dividends will be over the top for everyone on the team. I am prepaid and looking forward to taking the Martlet up and beginning my training to master the .50 cal toting terror of the skies and eventually wreaking havoc online on those who insist on calling her 'stubby'!!! She might be thick, she might be queen size or plus size, but she is not 'stubby'!!!! Barrel Chested is how I like to describe her and her quick roll rate and tight turning radius will leave your heads spinning as she spits lead from her .50cals at you and sends you plummeting to your demise!!!

Be fore warned!!!

S!Blade<><
    Last edited by Blade_Meister; Aug-02-2020 at 00:44.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

You just asked that on the Release Date Announcement thread
    "So, the Sun is now a terrorist?"

13. Likes ♣_Spiritus_♣, VO101_Tom liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    280.96 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Blade_Meister View Post
    Your even calling it 'Stubby' over here. What is wrong with you people? Be sure to vote in my poll here ---> https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic...-martlet-poll/ and stop the insanity! Please, the Martlet's dignity is at stake here people!!!

On a serious note, can someone on TFS confirm that IL2: Desert Wings-Tobruk will be released by Christmas this year? I have been asking this question for at least the last four years and I want an Official Confirmation that DWsT will definitely be released by Christmas 2020. I want to hear it straight from the horses mouth dammnitt!!!

Congrats TFS, it has been a long hard road, but hopefully now the dividends will be over the top for everyone on the team. I am prepaid and looking forward to taking the Martlet up and beginning my training to master the .50 cal toting terror of the skies and eventually wreaking havoc online on those who insist on calling her 'stubby'!!! She might be thick, she might be queen size or plus size, but she is not 'stubby'!!!! Barrel Chested is how I like to describe her and her quick roll rate and tight turning radius will leave your heads spinning as she spits lead from her .50cals at you and sends you plummeting to your demise!!!

Be fore warned!!!

S!Blade<><
    Be sure, you will be able to hang little Martlets as Christmas tree balls at your Christmas tree this years, because the shape perfectly fits
    And I would never call this little dumplng 'stubby', 'stubby' would not really do this cute little porker justice!

15. Likes Blade_Meister, SC/JG_Kaiser liked this post
    Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    21.76 MB

Be fore warned!!!

S!Blade<><
    How about stumpy or dumpy?
    Nice to see I made the front page of your poll Blade.
    And you nearly got me with the release date comment. Beaufighter for me, at least I got someone to look behind me in it seeing as you will have to direct the LW to me in martlet for revenge.
    Still 4 bloody days to go, will have to ignore the forums, its just slowing time up
    I worked with a guy Wilson Park, a Ferranti rep for TNR at Cottesmore when Tornados first came in. He flew Martlets back in the war, showed me a newspaper clipping about a flight he had. Cant remember all details bar his canopy got stuck, so long ago now. RIP.

17. Likes Blade_Meister liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    712.59 MB

Be fore warned!!!

S!Blade<><

In today's enlightened age it is sad to note so many disparaging remarks made on the basis of plumpness.
    We should embrace that quality, as we do with those other qualities: of strength, courage, and agility.
    It is a time to be proud of girth and fullness, and to leave all prejudice based on these measures aside. For who is looking at measures? And what worth have they?
    The Martlet should be praised for it's portliness, it's weight and stature, for its supreme sportiness in spite of it's fullness of nature.
    Let no one diminish the value of this beast based only on it's girth. This stout aircraft should stand proud among others that offer a more slender beauty. Embrace mass. Embrace this stout wonder; this portly knight.
    Be proud of your heft ... stay magnificent, you splendid fatty Martlet marvel!

Last edited by major_setback; Aug-02-2020 at 08:54.
    http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2673&dateline=1390351127

Principle skinner

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    255.73 MB

The bigger it is, the more bullets it can absorb

20. Likes danperin, Blade_Meister liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    136.69 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Colander View Post
    The bigger it is, the more bullets it can absorb
    Easier to hit too

Win11, AMD 3900X, EVGA RTX 3080 Ti FTW3 12GB, 128GB RAM, 3840x2160 UHD 43", Logitech G940, MFG Crosswind v3, TrackIr4Pro w Delanclip.
    VR: Samsung Odyssey+ (Windows Mixed Reality HMD), 2880x1600px total resolution.

22. Likes danperin, rontaila liked this post
    Dislikes Blade_Meister disliked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    370.25 MB

Now is the time I like to hunt down all of those North Africa videos online. They make me want to run out the door and take off
    Last edited by IIJG27Rich; Aug-02-2020 at 21:20.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1,002.26 MB

Visit the Robert Mölders Facebook Group ( Left-click on the red link on the left to open the relative page! )
    Visit the Robert Mölders YouTube Channel ( Left-click on the red link on the left to open the relative page! )
    *Important Note: You can also open the Robert Mölders Facebook Group page by clicking directly on my signature image

My PC specs
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit ~ Intel Core i7-7700K 4.2GHz 8MB Cache Quad core
    ASUS ROG STRIX Z270H GAMING Motherboard, Socket 1151 ATX, Dual M.2, USB 3.1 Type-C ~ MSI GeForce GTX 1080 TI Gaming X 11G Graphic Card PCIE 3.0, 11 GB, GDDR5X 352 bit, 11.01 GHz, 1569 MHz
    Samsung MZ-V6E250BW SSD 960 EVO, 250 GB, M.2, NVMe ~ Western Digital WD Caviar Blue 2TB 64MB Cache, WD20EZRZ (64MB Cache) ~ Enermax Liqmax II 240 (ELC-LMR240S-BS)
    Corsair CMK16GX4M2B3000C15 Vengeance LPX RAM 16 GB, 2x8 GB, DDR4, 3000 MHz, CL15 ~ EVGA SuperNOVA GQ PSU 750W ~ NZXT CA-N450W-M1 Case for Gaming PC, Black
    LG 49UK6200PLA TV 49" 4K UltraHD, IPS Display, 4096 x 2160, Active HDR, Multitasking ~ LG 27UD68P Monitor 27" 4K UltraHD LED IPS, 3840 x 2160, AMD FreeSync, Multitasking
    Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS Joystick ~ Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle ~ Thrustmaster TFRP Pedals

25. Likes Karaya, rontaila, ATAG_Flare liked this post
    Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    22.61 MB

Rumour has it that Mr Martlet* the head designer had just finished his final to-scale design of the Martlet and was about to slip it into his leather document case to present to the board the next day, when there was a knock on the door. After a minute to see if Mrs Martlet was going to get it, he tutted and left this drawing on the table and went to get the door.

It turned out to be a pretty stubborn shoe and tobacco salesman, a strange combination but these were olden times. As he endeavoured to close the door on said salesman, little Miss Martlet (a mere 5 years old, and therefore younger than some of the shoes being sold) snuck into Mr Martlet's study and set to work on his drawing with a pair of scissors, chopping it into a number of roughly square peices.

Now Mrs Martlet, fresh from the WC which had waylaid her from answering the door, was heading past the study at a shade over a trot, and saw this disaster unfolding. She quickly extracted little Miss Martlet, and being a kind, but mildy dim character, set about sticking the squares back together as best she could as she knew her husband would be most upset. Now for a person of little artistic skill, or aircraft-orientated knowledge she did a remarkably good job. Unbeknownst to her however, little Miss Martlett had actually popped a few, but significant number of, pieces of the drawing into her mouth and mashed them into a pulp, of which she had now lost all interest and had discarded completely in favour of chasing the neighbours cat.

So this is why the design came to be what it was, Mr Martlet being unfortunate to have not noticed the reconstructed design until far too far through the presentation on the next day, owing to some rather ill fitting, expensive and distracting new shoes he was wearing.

*Names have been changed to protect the individuals involved.
    Last edited by Yo-Yo; Aug-03-2020 at 18:17.
    I am Yo-Yo not YoYo (that's someone else)

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    4.48 GB

Quote Originally Posted by TheVino3 View Post
    You just asked that on the Release Date Announcement thread
    Ummmm??? No, the last post I made on this forum was this on April 26,2020. ----> https://theairtacticalassaultgroup.c...214#post352214

It is kind of a standing joke that I ask this a couple of times each year, so lighten up Sir.

S!Blade<><

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

I realised a while after I replied that it was probably a joke

Ummmm??? No, the last post I made on this forum was this on April 26,2020. ----> https://theairtacticalassaultgroup.c...214#post352214

It is kind of a standing joke that I ask this a couple of times each year, so lighten up Sir.

S!Blade<><
    "So, the Sun is now a terrorist?"

29. Likes Blade_Meister liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by Josef View Post
    Hi Bucksnort,

I'm not a TFS member but I can confirm I have personally translated briefings for all those campaigns, quick and single missions. DerDa who replied to you before me is another of the translators.

The campaigns are based on historical events. Some of the authors have even used real combat reports to get information for their campaigns.

I don't know what all is going to be in the initial Tobruk release. But I'm sure all mentioned here will sooner or later make it there. And likely, there is more to come. Another campaigns are being developed.

I hope you will enjoy them all.

Josef

Thanks for the update!

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    78.06 MB

Quote Originally Posted by DerDa View Post
    Be sure, you will be able to hang little Martlets as Christmas tree balls at your Christmas tree this years, because the shape perfectly fits
    And I would never call this little dumplng 'stubby', 'stubby' would not really do this cute little porker justice!

asterix.png
    Last edited by Pans; Aug-04-2020 at 10:00. Reason: I made the preview larger!

32. Likes ATAG_Ezzie, ATAG_Colander, DerDa liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    255.73 MB

Quote Originally Posted by 9./JG52 Pans View Post

asterix_v12_fat.jpeg

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    4.48 GB

Since I am going to try to use DWsT with Win7, I am going to back up my---> My Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover folder before I install DWsT. Is there anything else I should back up before I try this? Thanks in advance for any advice rendered.

S!Blade><

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.39 GB

Ahem... (clears throat and stands up)...

This day is called the Tobruk Launch Day:
    He that outlives this day, and comes safe home,
    Will stand a tip-toe when the day is named,
    And rouse him at the name of Team Fusion.
    He that shall live this day, and see old age,
    Will yearly on the vigil join the ATAG server,
    And say 'To-morrow is the anniversary of the launch of TF V5:'
    Then will he strip his sleeve and show his scars.
    And say 'These emails I had on Tobruk day.'
    Though cries of 'no VR!!!' and 'why doesn't this work like it does in ...'
    Fell familiar in his ears as household words,
    This story shall the good man teach his son;
    And TF5 launch day shall ne'er go by,
    From this day to the ending of the world,
    But we in it shall be remember'd;
    We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
    For he to-day that sheds his blood online with me
    Shall be my brother; be he ne'er so vile,
    This day shall gentle his condition:
    And gentlemen across the globe now a-bed
    Shall think themselves accursed they were not here,
    And hold their joysticks cheap whiles any speaks
    That fought with us upon Team Fusion 5 Launch Day.
    Last edited by Marcost; Aug-05-2020 at 14:29.

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.39 GB

Very best of luck for tomorrow, everyone at TF!!!

37. Likes major_setback liked this post
    Veteran Combat pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    589.91 MB

Another long-lost fragment of Shakespeare comes to light...

Who'd have thought he'd be a CLoD fan! What a sensible bloke!

Quote Originally Posted by Marcost View Post
    Ahem... (clears throat and stands up)...

This day is called the Tobruk Launch Day:
    He that outlives this day, and comes safe home,
    Will stand a tip-toe when the day is named,
    And rouse him at the name of Team Fusion.
    He that shall live this day, and see old age,
    Will yearly on the vigil join the ATAG server,
    And say 'To-morrow is the anniversary of the launch of TF V5:'
    Then will he strip his sleeve and show his scars.
    And say 'These emails I had on Tobruk day.'
    Though cries of 'no VR!!!' and 'why doesn't this work like it does in ...'
    Fell familiar in his ears as household words,
    This story shall the good man teach his son;
    And TF5 launch day shall ne'er go by,
    From this day to the ending of the world,
    But we in it shall be remember'd;
    We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
    For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
    Shall be my brother; be he ne'er so vile,
    This day shall gentle his condition:
    And gentlemen across the globe now a-bed
    Shall think themselves accursed they were not here,
    And hold their joysticks cheap whiles any speaks
    That fought with us upon Team Fusion 5 Launch Day.

39. Likes major_setback liked this post
    Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.52 GB

Am I the only one? I've downloaded, and gone through the installation process, to Steam, but there's no change in Blitz. At some point while I wandered through the murky depths of Steam, I found a note that said the download wasn't available in my area. I'm in USA, PST.
    System:
    EVGA P55 FTW SLI / Intel Core i7 875K 2.93GHz / nVidia GeForce GTX680 2GB / 16GB DDR3 1600MHz / Windows 7 64bit
    Flight gear:
    Logitech Extreme 3D Pro / TrackIR 5 / Saitek Pro Flight Throttle Quadrant / CH Flight SIM Yoke

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    806.84 MB

Quote Originally Posted by jlan5031 View Post
    Am I the only one? I've downloaded, and gone through the installation process, to Steam, but there's no change in Blitz. At some point while I wandered through the murky depths of Steam, I found a note that said the download wasn't available in my area. I'm in USA, PST.
    Very strange...But the DLC isn't ready.

35 min to go.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    255.73 MB

Quote Originally Posted by jlan5031 View Post
    Most likely your download was "Blitz". In a while the DLC should be available and a new download should start.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast