Thread: Questions regarding Knickebein and Wotan sets in game

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    28.00 MB

Questions regarding Knickebein and Wotan sets in game

Hello everyone!
    I'm currently exploring some of the advanced functions on FMB, including the German Wotan radar sets. However I've countered some issues.

1. To my knowledge the 'Wotan' sets should be the ground stations of Y-Gerät radio navigation and bombing aid system, but the in-game Wotan sets cannot be set with a certain transmitting frequency nor can it be point accurately towards the target (one cannot enter a precise bearing for the station in FMB), so is the in-game Wotan sets a mere static mock-up that does nothing?

2. I've found some interesting threads by TWC_Flug on Knickebein system on TWC server, does it have anything to to with the Wotan sets? Or it's another advanced function that is implemented by extensive coding? If later is the case, what is the code mechanism?

My purpose of getting information of those advanced FMB functions and codes is to create an adequate playground for my Chinese friends, who know not very much Clod game mechanism, especially FMB and enjoy no advantage in online servers, for we can only fly TWC or ATAG server with 200+ or even 300 ping and have no proper training server at all. I think Chinese communities deserve their own low ping playground, and with equal advanced functions as in TWC/ATAG that can be explored.

I'm gradually learning all the skills in mission building and I believe I've mastered those basic ones, now it's these advanced functions that attract my eyes. I totally understand if these functions, together with their code mechanism being reserved for creators' own server. It's the fruit of intense intelligent work after all! However, if anyone that is generous enough to share the code mechanism behind the curtain, I shall express my best appreciation.
    Last edited by SqnLdrMartin; Jul-27-2020 at 11:08.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    908.31 MB

Re: Questions regarding Knickebein and Wotan sets in game

You are correct, the radar objects are static objects. The Lorenz system and Non-Directional Beacons work correctly.

If you want to see radar implemented using code check this mission:

https://theairtacticalassaultgroup.c...downloadid=189

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

The Lorenz system and Non-Directional Beacons work correctly.
    Audible Morse code - part of this systems was added?

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    908.31 MB

Quote Originally Posted by 1lokos View Post
    Just the instrument.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    28.00 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Oskar View Post
    You are correct, the radar objects are static objects. The Lorenz system and Non-Directional Beacons work correctly.

If you want to see radar implemented using code check this mission:

https://theairtacticalassaultgroup.c...downloadid=189
    Thank you for the clear-up Oskar! Now I can stop fiddling with the useless Wotan sets.

One more question, I know that the codes of these functions may be something similar to C#, but where can I find the grammar rules for the codes? Although I have no idea in coding with C# but some of my friends are familiar with this. They told me that I need to know what those commands stand for.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    908.31 MB

Quote Originally Posted by 1lokos View Post
    Update

Adding the audible Lorenz signal to the sim is possible. We can't do things like that now, still a few other details to be ironed out, but it's on the radar.

7. Likes ATAG_SKUD liked this post