Thread: SC1000 bomb

Manual Creation Group Sandy1942's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

SC1000 bomb

Hello guys!
    Do you plan to make available the German bomb SC1000? One of the developers of the game has long written on the forum that this bomb is implemented, but not adapted for use from aircraft.

2. Likes ATAG_TCP, Argus_AIG (44) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    908.31 MB

Re: SC1000 bomb

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy1942 View Post
    Hello guys!
    Do you plan to make available the German bomb SC1000? One of the developers of the game has long written on the forum that this bomb is implemented, but not adapted for use from aircraft.
    Yes, the He-111 H-6 can carry two of these. They are attached externally because they are so big.

4. Likes ATAG_TCP, Argus_AIG (44), Gingerbread liked this post
    The Demon-Haunted World: Science as a Candle in the Dark
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded

Yes. It goes boom.

1.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Perfectly! Ju87 can use these bombs?

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    908.31 MB

Perfectly! Ju87 can use these bombs?
    We only have B-2 Stukas, they can't lift the SC1000.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

I read that B-2 could carry SC500 (without an gunner), but Rudel seemed to use SC1000 in 1941 during the attack of the battleship "Marat".
    Last edited by Sandy1942; Jul-27-2020 at 17:07.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    320.64 MB

I read that B-2 could carry SC500 (without an gunner), but Rudel seemed to use SC1000 in 1941 during the attack of the battleship "Marat".
    Rudel is member of the master race and can do anything. All explained in his book and Signal Magazine... and by Goebbels.

Also had specially prepared Stuka from special ground crew team... we don't do such things... because they then become standard and are used everyday and all Stuka drivers become Master Race.
    Last edited by RAF74_Buzzsaw; Jul-27-2020 at 20:13.

10. Likes ATAG_TCP, ATAG_Highseas, Gingerbread liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    255.73 MB

And the reason there's no gunner is because is needed behind the plane to push it for takeoff

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    383.91 MB

Quote Originally Posted by RAF74_Buzzsaw View Post
    Rudel is member of the master race and can do anything. All explained in his book and Signal Magazine... and by Goebbels.

Also had specially prepared Stuka from special ground crew team... we don't do such things... because they then become standard and are used everyday and all Stuka drivers become Master Race.
    Rudel's book is fascinating - but it does seem like many of the stories in it should be taken with a grain of salt. Or rather, the whole salt shaker. Maybe the whole salt mine.

13. Likes ATAG_Highseas, SC/JG_Kaiser liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    155.92 MB

To be fair to Rudel though: It is quite an achievement in itself to survive through the entire war as a Stuka pilot.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Thank you guys! I myself did not believe this fascist. His memoirs are a complete lie!

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    571.41 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Flare View Post
    Rudel's book is fascinating - but it does seem like many of the stories in it should be taken with a grain of salt. Or rather, the whole salt shaker. Maybe the whole salt mine.

- ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO - i9-13900k - ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 4090 OC - 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR5 5600MHz -
    - CORSAIR 1200w HX Series PSU - Corsair H100x Hydro Series CPU Cooler -
    - Big Screen Beyond -

- Virpil T50 Mongoos Flight Stick -
    - TM Warthog Throttle -
    - Slaw Device 109 Cam Rudder Pedals -

Highseas Peripherals
    - Engine Switch Panel - Munitions Switch Panel - Throttle Quadrant Trim Box - Helicopter Collective - Analogue Brake Lever -

Operated by a 1972 Standard Issue Talking Monkey

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    383.91 MB

OK, despite the salty comments I made, I must say that Rudel's book was highly entertaining nonetheless. The stories of escape from behind enemy lines on multiple occasions were nail biting stuff and so were his attacks on the soviet warships. However, you do have to treat the book more like an adventure novel than a real historical book. Esepcially when it's written by a definite nazi!

To be fair, it's always good to take any memoir with some sodium on the side - they're fun to read (Thunderbolt!, Wing Leader, First Light, Lucky 13 are some I'd reccomend!) but you should always read books by actual historians if you want a more accurate depiction of what happened back then.

I'm getting sidetracked. The SC1000s look pretty beastly. Would one hit from one of those bad boys be enough to sink one of the new Royal Navy battleships in 5.0?

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    28.00 MB

Post Re: SC1000 bomb

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Flare View Post
    OK, despite the salty comments I made, I must say that Rudel's book was highly entertaining nonetheless. The stories of escape from behind enemy lines on multiple occasions were nail biting stuff and so were his attacks on the soviet warships. However, you do have to treat the book more like an adventure novel than a real historical book. Esepcially when it's written by a definite nazi!

To be fair, it's always good to take any memoir with some sodium on the side - they're fun to read (Thunderbolt!, Wing Leader, First Light, Lucky 13 are some I'd reccomend!) but you should always read books by actual historians if you want a more accurate depiction of what happened back then.

I'm getting sidetracked. The SC1000s look pretty beastly. Would one hit from one of those bad boys be enough to sink one of the new Royal Navy battleships in 5.0?
    Hi Flare! According to Luftwaffe document, the SC1000 is basicly a blast bomb with low penetration and high exploding power, not designed for anti-warship operation. The QE Class has a 3in armoured deck protecting its critical compartments like magzines and engine rooms, while SC1000 can only penetrate around 50mm (about 2in) of armour. So possibly a SC1000 will not penetrate the QE's deck armour, but when exploding on contact, I believe it will heavily damage the superstructure and neutralise any personel that is exposed on the deck.
    Luftwaffe had special ordnance for anti-warship operations though, they are semi-AP bombs (SD series) and AP bombs (PC series), they even had rocket-propulsion bombs (PS series) for the task. To sink an armoured RN ship like QE or Illustrious Class Fleet Carrier, Luftwaffe would most possibly choose SD500 or PC1000 for the task rather than SC ones. Actually ground handling manuals for loading SC1000 and PC1000 series bombs on Ju. 87Bs were issued as early as June 1938 and Ju. 87Rs (long range conversion of Ju. 87B) of StG 1 probably used PC1000 againest HMS Illustrious in January 1941 on her trip to Malta.
    Last edited by SqnLdrMartin; Jul-28-2020 at 22:50.

19. Likes Argus_AIG (44) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

I am agrees

21. Likes Argus_AIG (44) liked this post