Thread: Choosing where the player spawns parked in SP

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    22.61 MB

Choosing where the player spawns parked in SP

Hi again, is it possible to chose where the player spawns (parked) at the start of a single player mission.

I have searched the web, the forum, and checked the videos (only seen MP spawn points).

Please please please, don't send me onto dead links or methods that used to work before a patch in 20XX, or give cryptic answers, I am once again pulling my hair out!

So far I set the aircraft as player, I've figured out wind now (phew!) and the runway position, I've got the spawn type as 'parked' so I can start up the engine... but CloD chooses to put my aircraft where it wants to, can I override this somehow please?

Many thanks if you can solve this for me,

Yours,

Frustrated of the internet.
    I am Yo-Yo not YoYo (that's someone else)

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

Re: Choosing where the player spawns parked in SP

...is it possible to chose where the player spawns (parked) at the start of a single player mission.
    No, each airbase have dozens of embed spawn points, some a hundred, and their use is front the high number, e. # 100 to # 1, being the high number the more far from from runway ends, what force players do length taxi run, for what the "hurricane effect" of wind on planes on ground don't help, and AI planes for make tight curves despawn and spawn meters ahead... Clod being "It's Clod!" at their best.

And, if all spawn points of an airbase are occupied, plane spawn around base perimeter, sometimes in places that prevent move for run way, e.g. in middle of trees.

Know workarounds.

Block all existing spawn points - minus the ones you want that mission planes spawn, using for example a "storm weight" static object*, appropriated.

Now if you want that plane span over runway, but with engine off, option that exist in CloD release, but was removed in some official patch, block all existing spawn points, then place a new runway over the default in map, and set spawn points (add branch) in the locations you want.

This mission use this tricks for make the plane spawn on runway, engine off (someone ask for this): https://theairtacticalassaultgroup.c...d&downloadid=4

* Back in time Salmo post a scrip for despawn these blocking objects some time after mission start, but I don't manage to make this work. Anyway a hundred of same model of objects don't cause noticeable performance impact.

Thing is that Salmo talk like that Linux expert guy that when you ask a tip, he assume that you are too an Linux expert, and so their script tips are a bit of pieces that you should use in your own script. Please, this is not a critique, rant.

Since properly fix CloD Channel map is now impossible, I think if are possible for TFS guys remove all map embed spawn points, roads spline lines, will be more easy - although more laborious; an casual mission makers use this map, placing spawn points where he want, vehicles paths where terrain allow... Invisible "landslides" block roads in several parts, even inside base perimeter, why in that first mission of "Battle of France" campaign auxiliary vehicles now move between planes, they are trying work around irregularities in "spline lines" paths.
    Last edited by 1lokos; Aug-01-2020 at 11:15.

3. Likes Yo-Yo, danperin liked this post
    Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    22.61 MB

Thank you! Even if it isn't really possible, I at least can rest in the knowledge that it isn't!

I'll most likely work with the default positioning now, but very useful to know about possibly blocking the spawns off, thanks; a few static aricraft could serve as both blocks and decoration purposes, so good to know. I'll experiment at some point after getting my first campaign missions together.

I finally get what 'It's clod' means; the simplest things are sometimes only achieved by the most bizarre approach!
    I am Yo-Yo not YoYo (that's someone else)

5. Likes danperin liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    806.84 MB

I finally get what 'It's clod' means; the simplest things are sometimes only achieved by the most bizarre approach!
    Now you are 100% one of us, mate.

7. Likes Yo-Yo liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

9. Likes danperin, TWC_Fatal_Error liked this post
    Manual Creation Group fenbeiduo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    282.61 MB

Actually you can(not every airfield, sidi adem works ok but LG69(new added) don't)

Here is the 'trick':
    1.determine which park point you want
    2.put 'object's on all the other park point
    3.I assume you know the meaning of 'park point'

Fen

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

I found a way to spawn over runway, engine off, without block other spawn points.

- Put a runway object over... runway.
    - Look at the Airdrome points circle (placed together) for point .O
    - Move this point .0 for over runway, add a new "branch" - with .1 just ahead, pointing in takeoff direction, this part is trick, if distance in between is not "the correct", plane spawn near circle borders. Trial and error.
    - Adjust "Airdrop points" circle for match runway length.

Perhaps with scrips can determine what park point use, with:

int ParkCountAll();
    int ParkCountFree();

AiAirport

Code:
    Code:
    namespace maddox.game.world
    {
        using System;

public interface AiAirport : AiActor
        {
            double CoverageR();
            double FieldR();
            int ParkCountAll();
            int ParkCountFree();
            AiActor[] QueueLanding();
            AiActor[] QueueTakeoff();
            int StripCount();
            double StripDirection(int indxStrip);
            double StripLength(int indxStrip);
            int StripState(int indxStrip);
            double StripWidth(int indxStrip);
            int Type();
        }
    }
    Last edited by 1lokos; Sep-07-2020 at 11:18.

12. Likes LARRY69 liked this post