Thread: Post hurricane footage

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    80.50 MB

Post hurricane footage

There's some good post hurricane drone footage of the aftermath of our hurricane last night on this Facebook page: https://m.facebook.com/groups/OakIsl...der&view=group
    We got about a foot and a half of ocean under our house at the peak last night. Winds up to 90 mph. House was shaking pretty bad, and we stood on the front deck and watched garbage cans, garbage bags, furniture, mattresses, etc. float down our street. No serious damage at our place, but up the road a bit there are cars overturned in the street. Several feet of sand in the road in some places, and the dunes are completely washed away. We are about 200 yards from the beach.
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
    AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core, 16-Thread
    32GB RAM
    NVidia GeForce GTX1080 (Asus Rog Strix GTX 1080)
    1 TB SSD
    LG 4K 55" TV
    Gear-Falcon General Purpose Joystick Controller, Gear-Falcon Quadrant and Trim, Gear-Falcon BF-109 Water Radiator Crank

"Find out what you don't do well, and then DON'T DO IT!" - Alf

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    406.29 MB

Re: Post hurricane footage

Yikes! Glad you’re OK. Hope damage to your place wasn’t too bad.

HP Omen Laptop 15, AMD Ryzen 5 5600H 16 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6 GB VRAM Win 11 64 bit 22H2 (KB5020044), Nvidia GeForce Driver ver 527.56, TrackIR 5, Gear Falcon Trim Box, Gear Falcon Throttle Quadrant, TM16000 joystick, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Quadrant, Saitek Pro Combat rudder pedals
    VR: None
    Installation path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.23 GB

Quote Originally Posted by Kendy for the State View Post
    There's some good post hurricane drone footage of the aftermath of our hurricane last night on this Facebook page: https://m.facebook.com/groups/OakIsl...der&view=group
    We got about a foot and a half of ocean under our house at the peak last night. Winds up to 90 mph. House was shaking pretty bad, and we stood on the front deck and watched garbage cans, garbage bags, furniture, mattresses, etc. float down our street. No serious damage at our place, but up the road a bit there are cars overturned in the street. Several feet of sand in the road in some places, and the dunes are completely washed away. We are about 200 yards from the beach.
    Just had a look at Oak island on google maps, it looks really beautiful, i hope you get back to normal quickly.
    Don't let Grudges fester and poison your future happiness......get your revenge as quickly as possible.

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    80.50 MB

Well they set a mandatory evacuation today and called in the national guard. Power, water, and sewer ( not to mention internet) won't be back up for a couple days. I might miss the release of Desert Wings, and for that I am truly upset!
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
    32GB RAM
    1 TB SSD
    LG 4K 55" TV
    Gear-Falcon General Purpose Joystick Controller, Gear-Falcon Quadrant and Trim, Gear-Falcon BF-109 Water Radiator Crank

5. Likes Little Bill liked this post
    Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    80.50 MB

Power came back on today for some houses at my end of the island. No word on water, sewer, or internet. Could be weeks. Maybe I can tether my phone to my computer and download and play Desert Wings that way!
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
    32GB RAM
    1 TB SSD
    LG 4K 55" TV