Thread: IL-2 Sturmovik Desert Wings Tobruk - OUT NOW!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    374.72 MB

IL-2 Sturmovik Desert Wings Tobruk - OUT NOW!

IL-2 Sturmovik: Desert Wings - TOBRUK, the new addition to the acclaimed realistic air combat simulator IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Blitz, is OUT NOW!

This exciting new addition to the long-standing and critically acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series of aerial combat simulators takes you over the sands of North Africa in the critical moment during WWII when the control of the Mediterranean and the Suez Canal was decided.

Experience what it was like to fly and fight during the Desert War in deadly Messerschmitts, sleek Macchis, rugged Kittyhawks and the legendary Spitfires. IL-2 Sturmovik: Desert Wings – Tobruk brings over 40 new flyable types and variants, more than 25 new tank, artillery and vehicle types added to the desert versions of the vehicles from the CLIFFS OF DOVER, as well as 15 new ships including British and Italian types which are historically accurate for the TOBRUK map.

The excellent multiplayer environment that allows over 100 players and dozens of AI aircraft online simultaneously, IL-2 Sturmovik: Desert Wings - Tobruk promises intense and challenging human versus human aerial battles. For the Single Player enthusiasts, the game also includes 24 Quick Missions playable with any aircraft, 7 long form Campaigns based on historical Squadron experiences, another 14 single missions as well as two co-op missions playable both via multiplayer or single player.

IL-2 Sturmovik: Desert Wings - Tobruk is now available via Steam, the official IL-2 Sturmovik store and other digital platforms for $69.99 USD / 64.99 EUR. The game requires the base game IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Blitz Edition in order to play.

And from all of us at Team Fusion Simulations, thank you all for your support. We hope you enjoy Desert Wings Tobruk

Cheers,

TFS Team

Supporting Member EAF51/155_TonyRule's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Re: IL-2 Sturmovik Desert Wings Tobruk - OUT NOW!

Finally!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

3. Likes ATAG_Pattle, ATAG_Ribbs, EAF602_Red liked this post
    Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    15.11 MB

That is a fast download...Too bad it is a different version that ATAG has for the server. ATAG server is 5.001 and I have 5.000
    Last edited by RCAF Rob; Aug-06-2020 at 13:21.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    4.11 MB

Server is set to 5.000 now
    Cheers
    Ribbs

INTEL I5 4670 /16 MB DDR3/ MSI Z97 PCMATE MB
    MSI GTX 1060 3 GIG
    WIN 7 64
    MS Sidewinder 2 precision pro Saitek x52 throttle quadrant

By ATAG_Lewis

6. Likes RCAF Rob, Bonditaria liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    6.72 GB

Steam says I have automatically got it from my purchase last week & entry of my key code then, but I can't find it in my library.Does anyone have a clue?

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    136.69 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Blitzen View Post
    Steam says I have automatically got it from my purchase last week & entry of my key code then, but I can't find it in my library.Does anyone have a clue?
    Tobruk is not a separated game, it will update the Blitz.

Win11, AMD 3900X, EVGA RTX 3080 Ti FTW3 12GB, 128GB RAM, 3840x2160 UHD 43", Logitech G940, MFG Crosswind v3, TrackIr4Pro w Delanclip.
    VR: Samsung Odyssey+ (Windows Mixed Reality HMD), 2880x1600px total resolution.

9. Likes danperin, ATAG_Pattle, ATAG_Ribbs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    100.64 MB

Had great fun on the server, thx TFS. Love the KITTY and TOMMY they pack a hell of a punch.

11. Likes danperin, farley, ATAG_Pattle, ATAG_Ribbs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    6.72 GB

Quote Originally Posted by VO101_Tom View Post
    Tobruk is not a separated game, it will update the Blitz.
    Thanks I just got the word. It was there in Steam & it works...I just didn't know it started with the CloD Blitz startup.As far as I know this wasn't fully explained , but to be honest i might have missed it in my over enthusiasm...So in hindsight a smooth quick install without me having to do a thing...A very good launch!
    Attached Images Attached Images

13. Likes danperin, farley, ATAG_Ribbs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    88.77 MB

Congrats to TFS - you have my money with thanks

15. Likes danperin, ATAG_Pattle, ATAG_Ribbs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Congratulatios TFS, what a milestone!

17. Likes danperin, ATAG_Pattle, ATAG_Ribbs, DerDa liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.23 GB

great!, played fours hours and only flew the kittyhawk, one plane a day means weeks of a new game each day thanks TFS
    Don't let Grudges fester and poison your future happiness......get your revenge as quickly as possible.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    401.86 MB

Purchased and Downloading.

20. Likes ATAG_Ribbs, ATAG_Pattle liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    4.11 MB

I got to hop on and play a couple hours! Great being back on a full server! The game ran flawless.. and heard lots of happy pilots! Thanks TFS! Great job!
    Cheers
    Ribbs

INTEL I5 4670 /16 MB DDR3/ MSI Z97 PCMATE MB
    MSI GTX 1060 3 GIG
    WIN 7 64
    MS Sidewinder 2 precision pro Saitek x52 throttle quadrant

By ATAG_Lewis

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    123.26 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Pattle View Post
    IL-2 Sturmovik: Desert Wings - Tobruk is now available via Steam, the official IL-2 Sturmovik store and other digital platforms for $69.99 USD / 64.99 EUR.
    Can't help but feel a little burned. In one of the previous posts I was encouraged to purchase a pre-release key from il2sturmovik.com, which I was grateful for at the time, because as others had noted, my Canadian dollars are subject to an exchange rate. So on the pre-release date I made my purchase which cost me $59.99US which equaled to $81.72CDN.

Then release day comes and I eagerly go to the Steam website to download my copy using my pre-release key, only to discover that I could have purchased my copy from Steam for $76.49CDN.

Does the left-hand know what the right-hand is doing?

Thanks for all your hard work BTW. I look forward to seeing what's new

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    438.08 MB

Quote Originally Posted by TWC_Padre View Post
    Can't help but feel a little burned. In one of the previous posts I was encouraged to purchase a pre-release key from il2sturmovik.com, which I was grateful for at the time, because as others had noted, my Canadian dollars are subject to an exchange rate. So on the pre-release date I made my purchase which cost me $59.99US which equaled to $81.72CDN.

Then release day comes and I eagerly go to the Steam website to download my copy using my pre-release key, only to discover that I could have purchased my copy from Steam for $76.49CDN.

Still well worth it though.

Daz
    Last edited by ♣_Spiritus_♣; Aug-08-2020 at 11:43.

24. Likes Toasted_Toad liked this post
    Dislikes Baffin disliked this post
    Roover

Just downloaded.

Didn't have to change my setup.

Tried a few planes and so far I like it.

Nice job guys. It's a good time for combat sim fans.

See you all up there

26. Likes No.119_Bruv liked this post
    Veteran Combat pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    589.91 MB

Just got the Blitz update - not sure if my current PC is up to the Tobruk part.

Just to say what a great job TF have done. Vapour trails, tracers and smoke looks fantastic, and graphics in general sharper.

Only criticism is cockpit reflections which seem a bit extreme at times!

Many thanks to everyone who contributed to this; what a great simulator it is!

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    136.69 MB

Quote Originally Posted by carbolicus View Post
    Just got the Blitz update - not sure if my current PC is up to the Tobruk part.

Just to say what a great job TF have done. Vapour trails, tracers and smoke looks fantastic, and graphics in general sharper.

Only criticism is cockpit reflections which seem a bit extreme at times!

Many thanks to everyone who contributed to this; what a great simulator it is!
    Hi carbolicus.
    The desert map is running much better on my rig because that is a much simpler map. It's a desert with few vegetations, distant towns, settlements. If you have no problem on the channel map, you will be ok on Tobruk too.

Win11, AMD 3900X, EVGA RTX 3080 Ti FTW3 12GB, 128GB RAM, 3840x2160 UHD 43", Logitech G940, MFG Crosswind v3, TrackIr4Pro w Delanclip.
    VR: Samsung Odyssey+ (Windows Mixed Reality HMD), 2880x1600px total resolution.

29. Likes Silent135 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    370.25 MB

So basically I've been having a Sim Orgasm for a day and a half...Good work guys

50198662931_15c802d76b_b.jpg
    Last edited by IIJG27Rich; Aug-08-2020 at 08:26.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    127.26 MB

So far, it's ATAG A&A unless you have the Tobruk add-on. Danger Dogs is also available with v 5.0 but TWC is not available to me today. I hope this gets corrected for those of us interested in the Battle of Britain... not north Africa.
    Windows 11 Pro, ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Dark Hero, 2 TB Samsung M.2 SSD 990PRO. Intel Core i9 14900KF using TPUII BIOS feature. Air Cooling with Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE CPU Cooler w/ 2 fans. Crucial 96GB DDR 5 RAM at 5600 MT/s. LG 55" 4K OLEDC7P TV, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24G. Realtek High Definition Audio, Sony Surround amp w/ optical cable for 5.1 speakers, Ear Buds from Motherboard for Discord/TeamSpeak3. TrackIR5, Buttkicker Gamer 2, Thrustmaster Warthog, 2x Saitek X-52 (Buttons & Gear), Gear-Falcon Trim Box, Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals. Voice Activated Controls.

The Demon-Haunted World: Science as a Candle in the Dark
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by Baffin View Post
    So far, it's ATAG A&A unless you have the Tobruk add-on. Danger Dogs is also available with v 5.0 but TWC is not available to me today. I hope this gets corrected for those of us interested in the Battle of Britain... not north Africa.
    I believe we will have a mission on the channel in the ATAG server rotation.

Veteran Combat pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    589.91 MB

Quote Originally Posted by VO101_Tom View Post
    Hi carbolicus.
    The desert map is running much better on my rig because that is a much simpler map. It's a desert with few vegetations, distant towns, settlements. If you have no problem on the channel map, you will be ok on Tobruk too.
    Thanks VO101_Tom - Decided to get Tobruk today anyway seeing as the Blitz update runs fine on my PC and I really want to support Team Fusion for the great job they've done. Good to know it should run fine!

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    320.64 MB

Hello Padre

As you may know, TF has nothing to do with the price.

We did mention to 1C re. the anomaly of the price... but it was their decision.

Sorry about that.

Quote Originally Posted by TWC_Padre View Post

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    127.26 MB

Quote Originally Posted by 69th_Spiritus View Post
    I believe we will have a mission on the channel in the ATAG server rotation.
    Does this mean there will be no TWC campaign for those of us not buying the Tobruk add-on?
    Windows 11 Pro, ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Dark Hero, 2 TB Samsung M.2 SSD 990PRO. Intel Core i9 14900KF using TPUII BIOS feature. Air Cooling with Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE CPU Cooler w/ 2 fans. Crucial 96GB DDR 5 RAM at 5600 MT/s. LG 55" 4K OLEDC7P TV, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24G. Realtek High Definition Audio, Sony Surround amp w/ optical cable for 5.1 speakers, Ear Buds from Motherboard for Discord/TeamSpeak3. TrackIR5, Buttkicker Gamer 2, Thrustmaster Warthog, 2x Saitek X-52 (Buttons & Gear), Gear-Falcon Trim Box, Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals. Voice Activated Controls.

The Demon-Haunted World: Science as a Candle in the Dark
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by Baffin View Post
    Does this mean there will be no TWC campaign for those of us not buying the Tobruk add-on?
    Not sure, you'd have to reach out to someone from TWC to see what their plans are. I think we would be ridiculed if we had a balanced server on ATAG/TFS with both maps right now, people want to fly the new map. Once things settle I'm sure we will start putting more of the channel maps back in.

That said, people in the community need to build missions, there are only a few of us mission builders left and speaking for myself, am running on limited time and energy.

37. Likes rontaila, 9./JG52_Meyer, Gingerbread liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    127.26 MB

Quote Originally Posted by 69th_Spiritus View Post
    Not sure, you'd have to reach out to someone from TWC to see what their plans are. I think we would be ridiculed if we had a balanced server on ATAG/TFS with both maps right now, people want to fly the new map. Once things settle I'm sure we will start putting more of the channel maps back in.

That said, people in the community need to build missions, there are only a few of us mission builders left and speaking for myself, am running on limited time and energy.
    As usual, your reply is informative and to the point. I, for one, certainly appreciate your personal volunteer work on the channel map missions in ATAG... they're really good work. I think yours are the best.

However, not everyone is so enthusiastic about the North Africa campaign due to a variety of reasons (Financial, historical, geographical and current political). But the main attraction for me in the TWC campaign has always been the competition and scorekeeping aspects. In other words, you can tell how you're doing compared to other players in the campaign. ATAG has shorter, more "Daily", less competitive games to play. Both methods work well, depending on what the player wants to do today. I just miss the channel map campaigns... that's up to TWC.

39. Likes Gingerbread liked this post