Thread: Beaufighter bombs fail to release.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    3.0 KB

Beaufighter bombs fail to release.

I was on server 3 yesterday and could not get bombs to fall off my beaufighter.
    They dropped normally from the Blennie IVF and the Wellington.
    (got my first confirmed kill with the Wellington yesterday)

Moused around the cockpit looking for any secret arming switches or other hoodaddery that I might have missed
    but still, there was no earth shattering kaboom.

Using the alt f2 key combination after being shot down I could see bombs still attached to the carnage
    of my beloved Beau.

Most distressing as there were numerous 109's I could have sorted with a 500 pounder.
    Intel Core i7 9700k (8-core), 12MB Cache, Overclocked up to 4.6 GHz. 16GB DDR4 XMP at 2933MHz Dual Channel HyperX
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti with 11GB GDDR5X. 512GB M.2 PCle NVMe SSD (Boot)
    Alienware 850 Watt power supply liquid cooled. Alienware 34in Curved WQHD 3440 x 1440 @ 120Hz. G-SYNC. DP 1.2 mode.
    Thrustmaster 1600, Saitek rudder pedals.

2. Likes ATAG_Noofy, Gingerbread liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.25 GB

Re: Beaufighter bombs fail to release.

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Snarglepuss View Post

Moused around the cockpit looking for any secret arming switches or other hoodaddery that I might have missed

Using the alt f2 key combination after being shot down I could see bombs still attached to the carnage
    of my beloved Beau.

Most distressing as there were numerous 109's I could have sorted with a 500 pounder.
    I confirm your bombs were released and got me when I was following you on the deck in my Ju88 C-4 between Bardia and Sollum...
    Gigabyte Z390 UD | i7 9700K @3.60GHz | 16.0 GB | Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti
    TM Warthog HOTAS | Saitek pro rudder pedals | TrackIR 5 | TeamSpeak 3.3.2 | TS Notifier 1.6.0h

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    21.76 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Snarglepuss View Post

of my beloved Beau.

Reported similar thing on il2 forum yesterday playing offline on tobruk map. Would not jettison either. Then took hurri, it worked fine, so retried both trop and non trop beau1c, this time they worked ok. And for your peace of mind, no arming switches, nor bomb selection necessary, when they drop, its just a single selection to release (and a satisfying bang later). Buzz was looking for recordings of it if you have them

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    3.0 KB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Noofy View Post
    I confirm your bombs were released and got me when I was following you on the deck in my Ju88 C-4 between Bardia and Sollum...
    Was that from the Welly?
    I can only remember a 109 losing his bits and pieces as reported by some others on TS.
    I must have been occupied elsewhere and did not see the server message
    Intel Core i7 9700k (8-core), 12MB Cache, Overclocked up to 4.6 GHz. 16GB DDR4 XMP at 2933MHz Dual Channel HyperX
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti with 11GB GDDR5X. 512GB M.2 PCle NVMe SSD (Boot)
    Alienware 850 Watt power supply liquid cooled. Alienware 34in Curved WQHD 3440 x 1440 @ 120Hz. G-SYNC. DP 1.2 mode.
    Thrustmaster 1600, Saitek rudder pedals.

Ace
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    130.02 MB

Here is what I noticed in the Beaufighter 1C and 1C/Trop:

* As long as you stay in the pilot's seat you can drop the bombs noi problem

* As soon as you switch to the observer position, you can't drop the bombs any more. Even if you switch back to the pilot position, you still can't drop.

* However . . . you may know that each player can be "in" two positions in the aircraft--the pilot plus one other position. So if you return the Observer position back to AI by switching to Observer and then pressing Alt F2 again, THEN you can drop the bombs again.

So in short, in the Beaufighter 1C, you have to exit the Observer position using Alt F2 before you can drop bombs.
    System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64 bit, 10.0.18362 N/A Build 18362, 20,437 MB |
    ASUS GeForce GTX 1060 3GB | Intel Core i5-2500 Quad-Core Processor 3.3 GHz 6 MB Cache LGA 1155 | Intel DB65AL motherboard | ARCTIC Freezer i11 CPU Cooler | SVGA 500 watt power supply | Microsoft Sidewinder 2 Force Feedback joystick

7. Likes DerDa, ATAG_Snarglepuss liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    320.64 MB

Quote Originally Posted by TWC_Flug View Post
    Here is what I noticed in the Beaufighter 1C and 1C/Trop:

* As long as you stay in the pilot's seat you can drop the bombs noi problem

* As soon as you switch to the observer position, you can't drop the bombs any more. Even if you switch back to the pilot position, you still can't drop.

* However . . . you may know that each player can be "in" two positions in the aircraft--the pilot plus one other position. So if you return the Observer position back to AI by switching to Observer and then pressing Alt F2 again, THEN you can drop the bombs again.

So in short, in the Beaufighter 1C, you have to exit the Observer position using Alt F2 before you can drop bombs.
    Ok, we will add that to the manual.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.25 GB

Quote Originally Posted by RAF74_Buzzsaw View Post
    Ok, we will add that to the manual.
    Instruction 38 of the Beaufighter manual already says you should leave the observer position by pressing ALT+F2, but it says "to allow AI to call out enemy aircraft".

We can add "and to allow you to drop bombs from the pilot seat".

Would that do it?
    Gigabyte Z390 UD | i7 9700K @3.60GHz | 16.0 GB | Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti
    TM Warthog HOTAS | Saitek pro rudder pedals | TrackIR 5 | TeamSpeak 3.3.2 | TS Notifier 1.6.0h

10. Likes ATAG_Snarglepuss liked this post