Thread: Anyone try Blitz and/or Tobruk 5.0 with Windows 7 yet?

Combat pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    186.71 MB

Anyone try Blitz and/or Tobruk 5.0 with Windows 7 yet?

Asking for a friend..

2. Likes danperin liked this post
    Supporting Member Blade_Meister's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    4.48 GB

Re: Anyone try Blitz and/or Tobruk 5.0 with Windows 7 yet?

I read one person's post on the IL2 Forum that said he had installed it and that everything worked fine. I am using Win7 and I am just getting ready to back up my essentials and then open Steam and let her ripp. I will try to give you a heads up once I have DWsT installed and have a look around.

S!Blade<><

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    21.76 MB

Yes, not had any issues - and I am on fairly ancient amd965 and 8Gb PC. But not tried online or large missions yet

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    100.64 MB

Win 7 here, no issues at all. Even downloaded Win 10 to a different HD just in case but not needed it would seem.

6. Likes ATAG_Snapper, danperin liked this post
    Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    457.72 MB

Blitz is running better than before on my Win7 system with 8gig ram and a gtx760 at 1920x1080. I've flown a few campaign missions in blitz, one with quite a few HE111's and Bf110's and lots of flak. The optimization seems to have improved, not experiencing the usual minimal stutters as before in the same mission. The ai has also improved as far as I can tell and I like the look of the graphics.

The fxaa and smaa does not seem to make much difference though and the sky and clouds are still a bit over exposed for my taste though I do like the softer looking clouds.

As a Bob fan I feel like I have finally gotten what I paid for all those years ago, thanks to Team Fusion. I do not use credit cards so I don't buy stuff online, but If I could get my hands on a credit card I would purchase the new content just to support them, they thoroughly deserve it.
    Last edited by rince77; Aug-07-2020 at 16:20.

8. Likes RAF74_Buzzsaw, ATAG_Snapper, danperin liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    320.64 MB

Quote Originally Posted by rince77 View Post
    Blitz is running better than before on my Win7 system with 8gig ram and a gtx760 at 1920x1080. I've flown a few campaign missions in blitz, one with quite a few HE111's and Bf110's and lots of flak. The optimization seems to have improved, not experiencing the usual minimal stutters as before in the same mission. The ai has also improved as far as I can tell and I like the look of the graphics.

The fxaa and smaa does not seem to make much difference though and the sky and clouds are still a bit over exposed for my taste though I do like the softer looking clouds.

As a Bob fan I feel like I have finally gotten what I paid for all those years ago, thanks to Team Fusion. I do not use credit cards so I don't buy stuff online, but If I could get my hands on a credit card I would purchase the new content just to support them, they thoroughly deserve it.
    Glad you are enjoying the game... maybe consider getting TOBRUK in the future.

10. Likes ATAG_Snapper, danperin liked this post
    Supporting Member Blade_Meister's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    4.48 GB

I can confirm everything went smooth, from download to install was seemless. I did lose all of my sound from windows for some reason. A quick computer restart fixed that. All previous campaigns, single player missions, skins, even Desastersoft Campaigns are in perfect order and ready to use. It does seem like some previous commands have changed, ie. lower flaps, upon reset it showed a different key register so I saved it to my hotas file, reloaded the profile and it worked perfect. I am on Win7 AMD Phenom II 965BE with 16gb DDR3 2100 and a GTX 770 4 or 6 GB, I forget now which it is. Everything is running smooth as butter, but I have not flown any heavy combat missions yet & I have not been online yet either. The water is safe and a beautiful Mediterranean blue. Come on in!

Cheers,
    S!Blade<><

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    255.73 MB

W7 here. No problems at all (besides me not finding other players in the map )

Veteran Combat pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    589.91 MB

Windows 7 here too and absolutely no problems at all with the Blitz update and my 5 year old PC and gtx970.

I held back in getting the full Tobruk experience in case my system couldn't handle the Blitz update, but as all is well I've just bought Tobruk and am about to try it.

I also have a huge interest in the BoB and Blitz was always my dream sim - it really does just get better and better.

14. Likes ATAG_Ribbs liked this post
    Combat pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    186.71 MB

Yep, confirmed Windows 7 with the Tobruk 5.0 is working fine for me too!

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    370.25 MB

Me too I have a first gen i7 975, 16 gigs of ram, a Geforce 1060 on an Asus P6TD Deluxe with windows 7. Everything runs great

The only mishap I had was a cursed winzip add popping up after I had been up in the air for 3/4 of a tank full causing me to crash into the earth lol
    Last edited by IIJG27Rich; Aug-11-2020 at 09:26.