Thread: Wimpy turret questions

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    6.72 GB

Wimpy turret questions

Is there a setting for what in GB's is termed "Nestle close to weapon" which allows easier aiming.At present I have a keystroke for "Lean towards gunsight" which is an improvement but that's about it. I have it bound with my joy stick which works great but there seems to be an automatically centering feature which I'd like to try to disable and see if I can control the turret better.
    I think the team should be commended on the excellent job they've done with the Wellington's turrets.They are something but I think it might really tough to hit anything with the front turret ,and only somewhat easier to hit an enemy aircraft trying a 6:00 stern attack.Anybody actually hit anything yet?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Blitzen; Aug-07-2020 at 19:11.

The Demon-Haunted World: Science as a Candle in the Dark
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded

Re: Wimpy turret questions

Just the lean to gunsight that I know of.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

Re: Wimpy turret questions

Quote Originally Posted by Blitzen View Post
    I have it bound with my joy stick which works great but there seems to be an automatically centering feature which I'd like to try to disable and see if I can control the turret better.
    Control turret with joystick is not good idea due this "automatically centering feature", you will fight with this all time.
    Up to ~4.0 this control work well, but only for Fiat Br.20 upper tower, because are a powered turret, but complains of people wanting control this turret with mouse led to the changes.

This changes are made for leave turret more easy for mouse control, like in desktop - mouse up move aim up, mouse down move aim down, etc. and introduce this "centering feature".
    So now the "best" (+ - ) way I find for control turret with joystick is set joystick for mouse emulation with JoyTokey, Joystick Gremlin, but slight sup-bar (slow) than with the old system.

When you move for turret need disable the "Independent mode" (ability for mouse click on some cockpit buttons), default key F-10, and use "Lean to gunsight" for have a centered aim, and use mouse.
    Last edited by 1lokos; Aug-08-2020 at 12:04.

4. Likes RAF74_Buzzsaw liked this post