Thread: MSFFB & Propedal settings

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    6.72 GB

MSFFB & Propedal settings

With Desert Wings its time to get serious with MS FFB in game settings ( I am using Pro Pedals rudder control )I'm trying to understand the two dead zone settings & what works best.Right now things seem jerky or perhaps too sensitive esp it seems with the 109's.
    The rudder settings seem to work ok but binding the left 7 right brakes to them as well is frustrating.In flight when I hit the rudder I also get indications that I am hitting brakes as well...
    Can someone give me a hand?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

Re: MSFFB & Propedal settings

Quote Originally Posted by Blitzen View Post
    Can someone give me a hand?
    Use your hands ... Serious, instead use your foot for move the rudder bar of (Saitek?) PRO Pedal, use hands and move the bar without move brake axis together.

Can happens too that if brake pedal potmeter is "spiking" this noise is detected before rudder axis, in this case leave in this way and hit Apply, close the game.

In Documentos\1C Soft...dover\ find the file ConfUser.ini make a copy (for backup) and search for "1rudder"

You will have something like this:

_Saitek_PRO_Pedal_-ABD81779+AXE_X+Saitek_PRO_Pedal_-ABD81779+AXE_Rx+=1rudder.

Above names and number, as axis names is just a guess, remove the axis with two letters in name, eg. Rz, Rx... save the file, open the game and test rudder.

Then assign the pedal brakes axis, for right and left wheel brake (for Luftwaffe and American planes only).

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    438.08 MB

Re: MSFFB & Propedal settings

I fly RAF but still use a single toe brake, because it's there so why not use it. I get a % of brake input message frequently with any foot pressure so I made the brake setting less sensitive. I set up a dead zone at the start of the brake pedal movement, so basically the 1st inch or so of actual movement doesn't register in Clod until I've pressed the pedal past that point. When assigning the brake you can see the 2 green lines showing how much your pedal moves in reality, and then how that movement will register in the game as input. Put in a dead zone at the start and this should achieve what I think it is you're asking.

FFB still has finicky issues in Cliffs and those of us who use it have mostly gotten used to it. There's a thread about certain work arounds and alternate FFB files that make things a bit better.

https://theairtacticalassaultgroup.c...force+feedback

Daz