Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Congrats TFS! My first hop!!!

Veteran Combat pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    589.91 MB

Re: Congrats TFS! My first hop!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bucksnort View Post
    Well said, Blade Meister! And great thread!

I'm having the same experience here in Sept 2021. Just bought Desert Wings - Tobruk and I'm having a blast! What a difference 6 years can make! Team Fusion has really taken Cliffs of Dover to the next level with both their "Blitz" and "Tobruk" modules. The IL-2 Cliffs of Dover series is now a fantastic combat flight simming environment, rich in single player content (both in single missions and single player campaigns)! And it's infinitely flexible, with tons of aircraft and scenarios in which to use them "as is" or modify them to suit!

Well done, Team Fusion!
    Absolutely, couldn't agree more!! When VR and the new weather system comes along CLoD will be unbeatable. VR especially will likely bring in many more flight simmers.

The experience of flying in a VR environment in 'realistic' weather - i.e. poor visibility, rain, cloud layers etc - will add so much realism. The Luftwaffe wasn't the only hazard Fighter Command faced in 1940; bad weather could also be a killer, and was the cause of quite a few casualties. Not to say affecting tactics too. Currently CLoD (although portraying bright summer days beautifully) is far too easy for pilots from the weather point of view with consistent 50 nm visibility!

2. Likes 9./JG52_J-HAT liked this post
    Supporting Member Blade_Meister's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    4.48 GB

H're is a vocabulary of t'rms which one needeth to becometh aquainted with!

1. square or Sqaurer = a fight or fighter.
    2. eft = ready
    3. scrap = a fight
    4. sparrow chirp = at sunrise
    5. oi = hey with a slightly to heavy angry emphasis
    6. cobber = a friend, sometimes with a sarcastic tone
    7. dram = a little bit of something
    8. chuffed = annoyed
    9. coeqaul = just the same
    10. mite = small or a bit
    11. fain = happy, glad
    12. anon = soon or now
    13. base = low
    14. yond = that
    15. dungeon = handle
    16. travelling lamp = the sun
    17. wendeth = walk
    18. of fusty = of old.

S!Blade<><

LOL danperin, you are quick to like SIr!
    Last edited by Blade_Meister; Mar-02-2022 at 22:13.
    https://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.p...in#Post4501509 <-----'Wings Over The Reich: War Stories From The Battle Of Britain!'

4. Likes danperin liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    4.48 GB

I off'r up a quaint AAR of fusty!

Shakesp're Hast Been Calledeth Up!

S!Blade<><

Hencf'rth and three weeks aft'r me initial des'rt combat in the Kittyhawk, h're i sitteth in mineth owneth new Tomahawk. Those three weeks hadst been hard didst presseth to flyeth s'rties in the Kittyhawk and then traineth in the Tomahawk at which hour things w're sloweth. The Tomahawk is m're pow'rful and flies liketh a prop'r hunteth'r killeth'r. In the right hands the mistress can beest a lethal matcheth. The mistress is a stunning war machine, i meanest, the mistress simply lookeths nasty, liketh the mistress wanteth to picketh a square. With 4x wing mount'd .30 cal machine guns, 2x syncroniz'd .50 cal fuselage mount'd machine guns, heavy armament round the engine and the cockpit, this lass is eft f'r a scrap with the des'rt huns and the macaroni. I didst riseth up at sparrow chirp f'r this m'rnings section patrol and hadst mineth owneth kite's allison warmeth'd up at which hour i didst seeth mineth owneth section leadeth'r and numb'r three walking to their Tomahawks. We couldst only field three Tomahawks as of the present day and mineth owneth lass wast giving problems with the oil pressure switcheth. F'r this reasoneth i hadst mineth owneth section leadeth'r's p'rmission to taketh mineth owneth lass up early to giveth h'r a checkout and then f'rm up with the guv'n'r and his numb'r three once those gents tooketh off.

“Oi, a damneth payback f'r three weeks hence at which hour the two of thee dust'd me off on me first hopeth!” , i hath said aloud. Then as sooneth as those gents hath reached their Tomahawks i ranneth up me rpms to 2000, releas'd the bindeth'rs ant alloweth those folk to consumeth me dusteth this m'rning cobb'r! Th're is nothing liketh a dram powd'ry des'rt dusty sand settling all ov'r oneself first thing in the m'rning to chap thy chuff'd little arse now is th're mateth! I chuckl'dth to myself as I did dash off down the stripeth in mine own Tomahawk.

I can't putteth me fing'r on it, but the Tomahawk just hath felt m're rugged, sturdi'r, m'reov'r lethal than the Kittyhawk. Coequal at which hour the und'rcarriage hath raised up, the lady just clunk'd up tight liketh a square'r throwing out his chest! Me lass and I, we' did preparest for a scrap this m'rning mateth!

As i climb out of Gazla A'rodrome, a quick behold ov'r mine own starboard shouldst'r discloses the still smold'ring fires from lasteth nights raids on tobruk. Those dameth Axis bastards pound tobruk day and night, and the boys on the sand art just holding on by tooth and naileth. Buttoning up mine own cockpit, i did get on with mine own owneth business of circling the airstrip and f'rming up with the section leadeth'r and his numb'r three.

Just a few moments lat'r and we art f'rming up nice and tight liketh 3 bugs in a rug. T is a mite both'rsome keeping an eye on mine own gauges, keeping an eye on mine own section leadeth'r and keeping a third eye out f'r j'rry! Once mine own lass is trimm'd out to flyeth nice and leveleth t is a piece easi'r, but the dram windeth gusts shall keepeth a chap on his toes regardless.

T is at each patroleth a mite of a tournament between numb'r three and myself to seeth who is't can flyeth in the tightest f'rmation with the gov'rn'r. This m'rning i has't the steady handeth and n'rves of steel as i clipeth the goven'r's tail while numb'r three buggars his spoteth up. A few to many to drinketh lasteth evening f'r numb'r three in the offic'r's club i bethink. Alloweth not that gent a blinking idiot to thee cousin, that gent is quite cocksure and eft to square with fusty j'rry mind thee. Three is a cracketh shot that gent is! Three hates fusty j'rry! I'm fain the blokes partial to our side!

Nay anon'r than we crosseth the front line than the goven'r is calling out, "huns ten o'clock base mates!" As each of us turns in to engage, one of the macaroni pilots passes directly ov'r mine own lass, screaming right by and hath passed liketh that gent doesn't has't a careth in the w'rld. I turneth into that gent and findeth mine own way onto his base six. I bethink not that he can spoteth me down h're as that gent flys straight ahead as i climb with haste onto his tail. The goven'r and numb'r three has't already did chase two of the macaroni pilots down base, and as i chaseth this macaroni down base'r i beginneth to spoteth m're and m're of the mafia in the vicinity. We art heavilt outnumb'r'd and this is a square to the death mateth!

As i closeth on this macaroni pilot, i alloweth mine own chatt'rboxes loose to early. Mine own trac'rs flyeth wildly by his square'r and t seemeth yond gent knoweth yond i am backeth behind him at presenteth. With a slight climbing turneth to his starboard, i feeleth sure that he gaveth a quick behold ov'r his shouldst'r and that gent knoweth f'r c'rtain yond i am h're. He pulls his controleth column m're f'rcefully to his starboard anon as i alloweth loose anoth'r burst from mine own chatt'rboxes! If 't be true that gent dives off to his starboard side i shall clobb'r that him. If 't be true he continues to climb i shall has't only a precious few moments to alloweth loose anoth'r squirt and tryeth to maketh that gent diveth.

I alloweth mine own chatt'rboxes loose with yet anoth'r volly of rounds and i hitteth the square'r on his starboard ail'ron. That gent hast given hence his speedeth and anon i am closing in to clobb'r his plane. He turns belly up to diveth hence and runneth, but i am right on himeth. Suddenly that gent completes a full rolleth, and as i followeth, with a quick behold ov'r mine own shouldst'r, i spoteth anoth'r macaroni on mine own tail! These macaroni pilots art trying to setteth me up to killeth me by pulling thy wool ov'r mine own eyes!

I pursue a harsh'r starboard turneth and the buggar on mine own tail ov'rshoots mine own lass! That gent cameth withinh a breath of having me f'r breakfast! As he hastily hath passed by mine own lass, i dove to the deck and anon wast ov'r the medit'rainian hurtling 'long at 400 mph.

As i cometh 'round to mine own p'rt wing i spoteth yet anoth'r of the mafia down base. I beginneth to climb and pursue that gent as i am momentarily mesm'riz'd by the beauty of the deep blue wat'r coloreth of the medit'rainin. T oft amazes me at the things yond capture mine own mind coequal at which hour i am hurtling 'long at 400 mph while involv'd in combat. I shaketh mine own headeth apace to cleareth mine own senses f'r this mind wand'ring is ill advise as one shall not seeth the completeth picture, and coequal in this split second i couldst beest clobb'r'd by the one i nev'r did seeeth. Liketh the macaroni pilot yond hadst his eye on me from high above at this v'ry moment. Mine own Tomahawk stoodeth out 'gainst the beauty of the blue wat'r as that gent did roll ov'r and beganeth his diving attacketh in pursuit of me!

I climbeth to 500 feet above the macaroni whom i am chasing. I believeth not that gent kneweth i wast th're and coming f'r him! I did start a sloweth diveth as we clear'd the delightful me'd coast and cameth ov'r the drab sands of the des'rt. Only a few green fields w're to beest hath found in some of the base areas 'long the coast. Oth'rwise the landeth is a vast drab and curs'd des'rt spanning as far as the eye can seeth. Just as i fir'd mine own first burst this bastard did roll belly up and dove hence!

Then from out of nay wh're. Trac'rs did fly past all 'round me!

Timeth stoodeth still as i gazed upon each crisp of smoketh as t streak past mine own cockpit! I did see the hot yellow ends of the trac'r rounds as those littleth gents did speed hence forth from me!

I hath continued to unleash mine own chatt'rboxes wildly at the macaroni pilot diving hence!

Mine own en'rgy dwindl'd as i kneweth mine own pursu'r wast hastily ov'rtaking me, yet not one round hadst assault'd mine own lass!

I srtuggled'd to leveleth mine own wings as i did prepare f'r the w'rst, but the rounds ceased coming as i didst approach the top of mine own climb. F'r an instant i bethought i hadst did survive this macaroni's assault. Then a loud cracketh, a ripping soundeth, a catastrophic series of events hadst instantly been setteth in motion!

In a split second, off mine own p'rt wing, i hadst seen a macaroni square'r exchange greetings between his wingtip and mine owneth wingtip. An unfriendly exchange, liketh to f'rm'r warri'rs pitting their stance 'gainst one anoth'r. One wilt giveth way, but in a m're instant t wast apparent yond neith'r wouldst claimeth vict'ry on this day!

Owing to being only 1000 feet above the des'rt flo'r i did throw the canopy glass backeth, popp'd mine own harness and did roll out of mine own sev'rely wound'd Tomahawk. F'r just a moment i wast able to seeth yond one half of mine own p'rt wing hadst been sev'r'd in the collision. As i didst gazeth on, mineth owneth lass screameth h'r dying song as the mistress didst raceth towrds h'r death in the des'rt below!

I gaveth a grant of thanks and mercy yond i hadst the f'rethought to glueth mine own offic'rs cap to mine own headeth using contact cement the evening bef're. As i gaveth mine own parachute dudgeon a pulleth i wast snatchethed skyward and ev'rything slow'd to a crawleth.

As the ground did rush up to greeteth me, i witness'd mine own lass explodeth into the des'rt with a thund'rous moaneth!

I wast afeard f'r a moment tha i might landeth in the fi'ry fireth of mine own lass's crasheth, but this wast not to beest. I didst landeth harshly and rolledeth through the grit of the sandy des'rt flo'r as mine own chute but softly did lie ov'r.

I didst hurry to mine own feet and releas'd the harness which in turneth releas'd mine own chute fromest me. I wond'r'd how mine own mates hadst far'd as i did survey the des'rt 'round me. Placing the travelling lamp gen'rally to mine own front, i didst starteth walking and wond'r'd how far i wouldst hast't to wendeth bef're being picketh'd up.

So endeth the second s'rtie of Pilot Offic'r Shakesp're!

Last edited by Blade_Meister; Oct-05-2021 at 20:29.
    https://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.p...in#Post4501509 <-----'Wings Over The Reich: War Stories From The Battle Of Britain!'

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    4.48 GB

Returning from a fierce fight to a burning Tobruk.

S!Blade<><

7. Likes danperin, Dauntless, ATAG_Snapper liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    4.48 GB

I have a feeling we are getting close to the big Graphics update. Time to get my new Hotas set up and dust off my old Martlet, my Tomahawk, my Hurri, my Spitty and my ............

S!Bla
    de<><

Last edited by Blade_Meister; Dec-31-2022 at 01:39.

9. Likes ATAG_Snapper, OBT~Mikmak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    255.73 MB

I don't have a hot ass

11. Likes ATAG_Snapper, Blade_Meister liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    280.96 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Colander View Post
    I don't have a hot ass
    I'm sure we can mend this.
    Let me fetch my lighter.

13. Likes ATAG_Snapper, Blade_Meister liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    4.48 GB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Colander View Post
    I don't have a hot ass
    Did you ever try hotpants Colander? My sister in law said they did wonders for her ass back in the early 80s, and now that I am divorced from her sister, I can honestly say that I agreed with her all along.

LOL, you made me look, I thought maybe I spelled it Hotass.

Bring on the UPDATE!!!

S!Blade<><

15. Likes ATAG_Pattle liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    255.73 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Blade_Meister View Post
    LOL, you made me look, I thought maybe I spelled it Hotass.

17. Likes Blade_Meister liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12