Thread: Help With Axes Mapping, Other Mapping Issues

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    180.32 MB

Help With Axes Mapping, Other Mapping Issues

Hi All,
    I have two controllers that seem to be broadcasting all the time. When I try to map an axis these jump into the field before I have a chance to map the axis I want. I have to unplug the controllers, map the axis to the controller I want , then plug them back in again. It only does this when mapping axes. Buttons are fine. Any solutions?
    2nd item, how do you completely clear a mapped axis? Hitting "Clear" doesn't seem to do anything, hit clear, hit ok and it's still there.
    3rd item I have an auxiliary keyboard "Razer Tartarus Chroma". I use it in keyboard mode, controller is disabled. If I create a macro to send "Shift-T" for example CloD only picks up "shift" no T. Any ideas? BoX etc. picks up Shift-T.
    thanks

skud
    i-9 11900KF@ 5.1 GHZ CPU Watercooled, 32GB Corsair vengeance@4133Mhz, ASUS ROG Maximus XIII Hero (WiFi 6E) Z590 , MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 3080Ti, 2 x 1Tb Samsung NVMe 980 Pro, 43" Gigabyte Aorus FV43U QLED 4K monitor, GVL 224 Ju 88 Big Throttle, BAUR BRD-DS with KG-13A control column, MFG Crosswind Rudders, GVL224 Ju88 Trim Wheel Box, GVL224 Ju 88 Switch Panel, Blackhog SB-2, SB AE-9, Audeze LCD-GX headset, TrackIR5, Buttkicker Simkit + Buttkicker Gamer2, 2 x DSD Flight Panel 2s

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    136.69 MB

Re: Help With Axes Mapping, Other Mapping Issues

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_SKUD View Post
    Hi All,
    I have two controllers that seem to be broadcasting all the time. When I try to map an axis these jump into the field before I have a chance to map the axis I want. I have to unplug the controllers, map the axis to the controller I want , then plug them back in again. It only does this when mapping axes. Buttons are fine. Any solutions?
    2nd item, how do you completely clear a mapped axis? Hitting "Clear" doesn't seem to do anything, hit clear, hit ok and it's still there.
    3rd item I have an auxiliary keyboard "Razer Tartarus Chroma". I use it in keyboard mode, controller is disabled. If I create a macro to send "Shift-T" for example CloD only picks up "shift" no T. Any ideas? BoX etc. picks up Shift-T.
    thanks

skud
    Hi.
    1. The game can not make distinguish that the axis is active because of control error, or because you moved it. It will recognize the first axis what it can detect. I don't think it would be other solution than unplug it (or disable the USB port temporarily).
    2. Hmm... "clear and ok"? Are you click on the "Change" button, then "clear", then "ok"? You should click on the clear button next to the "Modify" button, that will clean out the assigned controller without any further asking (no need "ok" at all). After you made your changes, you need to "Apply" the changes of course.
    3. No idea, sorry.

Win11, AMD 3900X, EVGA RTX 3080 Ti FTW3 12GB, 128GB RAM, 3840x2160 UHD 43", Logitech G940, MFG Crosswind v3, TrackIr4Pro w Delanclip.
    VR: Samsung Odyssey+ (Windows Mixed Reality HMD), 2880x1600px total resolution.

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    21.76 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_SKUD View Post
    Hi All,
    thanks

skud
    [SIZE=3
    1st, if its always the same axis that jump in then you may have noisy pots in there. Could try moving them away first see if it fixes else no other answer for you
    2nd, clear button for me empties the axis assignment panel. Then change brings second panel appearance to reassign another axis (if wanted) then ok. Then apply (or save)
    3rd I have logitec G13 and found some sensitivity that macro's I wrote passed the shift then removed it before sending T (using your assignments). So you may have to ensure the shift and T overlay when sent else it just recognises it as two individual key presses. It could be that CloD doesnt recognise the shift quickly enough and you need to extend it for T to be seen with it. Just have to play around with the macro timings I guess. Also Box recognises left shift as different to right shift whereas Clod doesnt. Maybe that giving a problem comparing it to Box activiation.[/SIZE]

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    80.50 MB

If you have some noisy potentiometers, one solution I have found that helps is to move all axes to the extreme end of their travel and keep them there before trying to assign your axis. X and Y axes are usually their worst in the center position, as that's where they spend most of their time, and wear on the resistive surface (that and corrosion) is greatest there.
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
    AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core, 16-Thread
    32GB RAM
    NVidia GeForce GTX1080 (Asus Rog Strix GTX 1080)
    1 TB SSD
    LG 4K 55" TV
    Gear-Falcon General Purpose Joystick Controller, Gear-Falcon Quadrant and Trim, Gear-Falcon BF-109 Water Radiator Crank

"Find out what you don't do well, and then DON'T DO IT!" - Alf