Thread: Instrument Panel Lights in Ju 88 not working?

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    180.32 MB

Instrument Panel Lights in Ju 88 not working?

I went up in a single mission dawn attack on Tobruk, cranked both primary and secondary illumination to 100% . Only the secondary (desk lamp on the left side) worked. Instruments are dark. Is there some other control to map for the instrument lighting? IIRC each instrument had its own light and would illuminate with primary.
    Thanks,

skud
    i-9 11900KF@ 5.1 GHZ CPU Watercooled, 32GB Corsair vengeance@4133Mhz, ASUS ROG Maximus XIII Hero (WiFi 6E) Z590 , MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 3080Ti, 2 x 1Tb Samsung NVMe 980 Pro, 43" Gigabyte Aorus FV43U QLED 4K monitor, GVL 224 Ju 88 Big Throttle, BAUR BRD-DS with KG-13A control column, MFG Crosswind Rudders, GVL224 Ju88 Trim Wheel Box, GVL224 Ju 88 Switch Panel, Blackhog SB-2, SB AE-9, Audeze LCD-GX headset, TrackIR5, Buttkicker Simkit + Buttkicker Gamer2, 2 x DSD Flight Panel 2s

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.25 GB

Re: Instrument Panel Lights in Ju 88 not working?

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_SKUD View Post
    I went up in a single mission dawn attack on Tobruk, cranked both primary and secondary illumination to 100% . Only the secondary (desk lamp on the left side) worked. Instruments are dark. Is there some other control to map for the instrument lighting? IIRC each instrument had its own light and would illuminate with primary.
    Thanks,

skud
    No, that’s all there is.
    Gigabyte Z390 UD | i7 9700K @3.60GHz | 16.0 GB | Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti
    TM Warthog HOTAS | Saitek pro rudder pedals | TrackIR 5 | TeamSpeak 3.3.2 | TS Notifier 1.6.0h

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    180.32 MB

How do you fly it at night? Or you mean the lights are not done (yet) in CloD? Is this legacy unfinished work from Maddox days?
    This is from the flight ops manual
    Capture.JPG

skud
    i-9 11900KF@ 5.1 GHZ CPU Watercooled, 32GB Corsair vengeance@4133Mhz, ASUS ROG Maximus XIII Hero (WiFi 6E) Z590 , MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 3080Ti, 2 x 1Tb Samsung NVMe 980 Pro, 43" Gigabyte Aorus FV43U QLED 4K monitor, GVL 224 Ju 88 Big Throttle, BAUR BRD-DS with KG-13A control column, MFG Crosswind Rudders, GVL224 Ju88 Trim Wheel Box, GVL224 Ju 88 Switch Panel, Blackhog SB-2, SB AE-9, Audeze LCD-GX headset, TrackIR5, Buttkicker Simkit + Buttkicker Gamer2, 2 x DSD Flight Panel 2s

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    410.5 KB

How do you fly it at night? Or you mean the lights are not done (yet) in CloD?

skud
    Flying one night mission on a TF(?)-server I can confirm this for the Ju-88 C2. As a (crude) workaround one can switch on the main light illuminating the whole pilots area. Would have blinded you for looking outside in Real Life, but here one can manage. For the engine-instruments at the still dark right side there's the mouse-over giving away the data. One can go like this, but it's definitely not immersive ...

But: scaling down the illumination of the revi-vizier is done very well, so there's hope.

During that night-mission the AAA was perfectly able to shoot at me through the pitch dark night, without any searchlights. I did not forget to switch off landing- or navigational-lights, because there are none. At the moment I'm not that optimistic for the Il2-CloD-series offering somewhat realistic night-flight experience. Sadly IL2-GB doesn't, too. I really would love to hear the contrary.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    180.32 MB

It certainly has the potential to offer the real experience. IMHO I'd prefer TFS allocate time to completing the sim instead of more content.

skud

6. Likes Retnek, 1lokos liked this post
    Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    353.11 MB

It certainly has the potential to offer the real experience. IMHO I'd prefer TFS allocate time to completing the sim instead of more content.

skud

I have asked about this for years I think its just way down on the food chain and with tobruk everyone will probably have their hands full with much more important stuff so just take out your front gun turn up secondary lighting and hope for the best its horrible but that's how it is

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    80.50 MB

Gunsight and primary lighting have always worked in the A1, secondary has never worked. You can usually see the right-hand gauges if you zoom way in, or even move to the bombardier position.
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
    AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core, 16-Thread
    32GB RAM
    NVidia GeForce GTX1080 (Asus Rog Strix GTX 1080)
    1 TB SSD
    LG 4K 55" TV
    Gear-Falcon General Purpose Joystick Controller, Gear-Falcon Quadrant and Trim, Gear-Falcon BF-109 Water Radiator Crank

"Find out what you don't do well, and then DON'T DO IT!" - Alf

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    180.32 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Kendy for the State View Post
    Gunsight and primary lighting have always worked in the A1, secondary has never worked. You can usually see the right-hand gauges if you zoom way in, or even move to the bombardier position.
    Sorry, I meant secondary not working. I got them backwards. For some reason I thought being able to see the instruments was primary. The other is a map light.

skud

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    180.32 MB

Guys,
    I went to the source on Ju 88 instrument panel lighting from the guy who restored one in Norway.
    Here is his response:

Hi there

the Ju 88 instruments are lit up by light bezels and a dim yellow light, we have never lit up our panel as all the wires are original so we don`t dare put power on them ( but i have tried a couple mint original lamps thatw e had to replace a few corroded ones on our panel but thia was 14 years ago so i dont have any pictures of just that sadly

the bezels are made out of bakelite and seen with painted colors on here ( the bulb goes under the round part and its a opening all around the bezel that evenly spread the light over the instrument

best regardsfunkercompass 004.jpgcockpit0606.jpgconsle.jpg

skud

11. Likes deep liked this post