Thread: Beaufighter East Campaign - Can't Advance to the Next Mission

Novice Pilot
    British California aka British Columbia, Canada
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    127.02 MB

Beaufighter East Campaign - Can't Advance to the Next Mission

I've just started the Enlightened Florist Campaign - Beaufighter East. The 1st briefing is for a mission on July 1, 1940 to attack an airfield at sector H,3 from an altitude of 1000 meters. After completing and landing and then pressing [Exit], I get a message stating that the mission was a success. However when I click the [Continue] button I'm given the exact same mission again. I seem to recall this also happening when I played the main Cliffs of Dover campaign a few years back, but can't recall what I did to advance. With now being on the TF5 patch though, I've been wondering if there might be an incompatibility with this fan-made campaign, as it's a few years old?

I anyone could give me any suggestions as to how I can advance to the next mission in this campaign, it'd be much appreciated.

[Edit] Small update - when I click [Continue] for the campaign, the next briefing screen list Sorties flown as 0 and Victories as 0, yet I did get a "Another Successful mission. Well done" message when exiting out of my last mission.
    Last edited by kronovan; Aug-09-2020 at 11:40.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    2.82 GB

Re: Beaufighter East Campaign - Can't Advance to the Next Mission

Hi kronovan, I had a look. First I installed "Enlightened Forest Dynamic Campaign" and made a check if it works. It works - I started a Hurricane campaign and it advances with new missions. Next I installed "TEF Dynamic Campaign Beaufighter mod" following the instructions, and that one works too, I get different missions and the date advances each time. I don't know what is going to stop it working properly. You didn't mention installing the original mod before the Beafighter mod - you did that?

ASUS TUF Gaming A15 FA507NV, AMD Ryzen 7 7735HS CPU, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Laptop GPU, 8 GB GDDR6 VRAM, 16 GB DDR5 RAM, 512 GB SSD, Windows 11 Home 23H2, VPC MongoosT-50 Throttle, VKB Gladiator Pro, MFG Crosswind, Wheel Stand Pro, EIZO CS240, Track-IR 5

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    127.02 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Bonditaria View Post
    Hi kronovan, I had a look. First I installed "Enlightened Forest Dynamic Campaign" and made a check if it works. It works - I started a Hurricane campaign and it advances with new missions. Next I installed "TEF Dynamic Campaign Beaufighter mod" following the instructions, and that one works too, I get different missions and the date advances each time. I don't know what is going to stop it working properly. You didn't mention installing the original mod before the Beafighter mod - you did that?
    Many thanks for checking Bonditaria. I have a ..Parts\TEFCampaign\Campaign\ folder with \East and \West subfolders wihtin it that contain some INIs and a \Files subfolder, so yes I do believe I installed the original campaign. My \Beaufighter folder is located in that same ..Parts\TEFCampaign\Campaign\ folder.
    Something that I did that might have been out of the norm; I set my campaign start to be July 1, 1940 and end date of Dec 31, 1941. I did that to reflect the actual dates that the Beaufighter went into service. Could that possibly be a problem?

Anyhow...I'm wondering if I should just move my "...\Users\username\Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\mission\campaign\TEFCampaign" folder to a backup location and start a new Beaufighter campaign with the default suggested dates?

[Edit]BTW, when I flew that 1st mission I never got any comms chatter from a Wing lead or Ground Control about a successful mission - should I have?
    There were no BF109s left on the target airfield, so I figured the mission was done. The only acknowledgement I got about a success, was when I exited after landing and the briefing page listed that I destroyed 3 of the BF109s.
    Last edited by kronovan; Aug-09-2020 at 12:43.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    2.82 GB

yes you would have a folder like that if you ONLY installed the Beaufighter mod.

However this Beaufighter mod depends on the installation of the original TEF campaign, and you have not said that you installed it so I will assume that you just installed the Beaufighter campaign...
    from the readme for the Beaufighter camapign addon: "Requirements: The TEF Dynamic Campaign should be installed and functionality verified. "

I would try this:
    delete this folder:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz\parts\TEFCampaign

delete this folder if it exists (I suspect it won't exist but I could be wrong):
    C:\Users\...\Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\mission\TEFCampaign

Install the "Enlightened Forest Dynamic Campaign"
    https://theairtacticalassaultgroup.c...downloadid=156

Run any campaign a couple of missions to check it works - date advances etc.

Install again the Beaufighter campaign mod and check it works,
    https://theairtacticalassaultgroup.c...downloadid=159

then you should be good to go.

I don't think the system will fail because you choose some dates/squadrons/aircraft-sets that are "wrong" - if it lets you choose the items in the interface it should work even if it is a-historical or militarily illogical.
    Last edited by Bonditaria; Aug-09-2020 at 12:51.

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    127.02 MB

Well I did have the original Enlightened Florist dynamic campaign installed with its \east and \west folder for the 2 different locations.

Just to be sure though, I deleted my entire TEFCampaign folder in my ..\Parts folder and then reinstalled the Enlightened Florist dynamic campaign from the "dynamiccampaign20.zip" archive and then reinstalled the Beaufighter campaign from the "ATAGTEF Dynamic Campaign Beaufighter mod.zip" archive. I checked all the folders and files against the install instructions and confirmed they're correct. I also moved the \TEFCampaign folder in my Users folder (there was indeed one created there) to a backup location.

So to the best of my knowledge, I'm back to a plain vanilla state for all of the Enlightened Florists dynamic campaigns. I'm going to start a new Beaufighter campaign and just accept all the defaults using the RCAF 29th as my squadron.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    2.82 GB

Quote Originally Posted by kronovan View Post
    Well I did have the original Enlightened Florist dynamic campaign installed with its \east and \west folder for the 2 different locations.

Just to be sure though, I deleted my entire TEFCampaign folder in my ..\Parts folder and then reinstalled the Enlightened Florist dynamic campaign from the "dynamiccampaign20.zip" archive and then reinstalled the Beaufighter campaign from the "ATAGTEF Dynamic Campaign Beaufighter mod.zip" archive. I checked all the folders and files against the install instructions and confirmed they're correct. I also moved the \TEFCampaign folder in my Users folder (there was indeed one created there) to a backup location.

So to the best of my knowledge, I'm back to a plain vanilla state for all of the Enlightened Florists dynamic campaigns. I'm going to start a new Beaufighter campaign and just accept all the defaults using the RCAF 29th as my squadron.
    Best of luck

ASUS TUF Gaming A15 FA507NV, AMD Ryzen 7 7735HS CPU, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Laptop GPU, 8 GB GDDR6 VRAM, 16 GB DDR5 RAM, 512 GB SSD, Windows 11 Home 23H2, VPC MongoosT-50 Throttle, VKB Gladiator Pro, MFG Crosswind, Wheel Stand Pro, EIZO CS240, Track-IR 5

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

For whatever reason the file who register campaign progress, the "State.ini" and used to be located inside a folder with campaign name, change place and name.

Was:

Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\mission\campaign\campaign_Battle of France\
    State.ini

Now the file is located just in campaign folder with different name:

Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\mission\campaign\

bob.campaign_Battle_of_France.state.ini

If the campaign is made for Tobruk, have "tobruk.campaign..." instead "bob.campaign"...

FG28Artist post in il2sturmovik (Bo'X) forum:

As of 5.0 (August 6th, 2020) this is slightly changed: instead of a folder of the campaign's name, the state.ini filename is prefixed with the campaign's name.

Now:

...\Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\mission\campaign\source.campaign-name.state.ini

("source" is either bob, tobruk, or custom; on update from 4.57 existing campaign state.ini are automatically transfered into the new format when you enter the campign page first time).

Old (for reference):

...\Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\mission\campaign\campaign-name\state.ini
    Last edited by 1lokos; Aug-09-2020 at 14:35.

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    127.02 MB

Thanks for the suggestion 1lokos. I haven't purchased Tobruk yet, so I believe that bob.campaign_gb.state.ini file in my ..\Users.. folder is correct.

I believe I now have it figured out - for whatever reason, choosing Lympe as my squadron airbase was always causing the same mission to attack an airfield in sector A,3 to be generated and the "Press ESC" message wouldn't come up when I safely landed at my home airfield. What a nasty mission BTW - literally a dive into a hornets nest of BF109s!
    On my latest campaign I chose a different squadron (219) and a home airfield of Manston. That seemed to have done the trick as I got a local intercept mission and when I landed and taxied off the runway I got the "Press ESC" message.

Speaking of the Press ESC message, that was the little detail I was forgetting from before - that you must press it before it fades in order to advance. Doh!