Thread: Tobruk Mission BuilderProblems

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.52 GB

Tobruk Mission BuilderProblems

I followed ATAG's first tutorial and failed to complete it. I chose to build a cold start single mission rather than a multi mission. The only change I made was to select "Single." I managed to get to the point of "Select Spawn Area", and then things fell apart. I selected the aircraft and tried to start. Errors appeared and the mission froze. I tried to delete the spawn addition, but it won't delete. I started a new mission. It also failed at the same point. Now I have 2 corrupted singe missions I can't get rid of.
    My questions are;
    1. How do I delete my corrupted mission from the game?
    2. What are the differences between in Mission Builders ATAG tutorial and Blitz/Tobruk?
    3. Where did I go wrong?
    My computer skills are about a C- to D+ grade. Any help will be appreciated.
    System:
    EVGA P55 FTW SLI / Intel Core i7 875K 2.93GHz / nVidia GeForce GTX680 2GB / 16GB DDR3 1600MHz / Windows 7 64bit
    Flight gear:
    Logitech Extreme 3D Pro / TrackIR 5 / Saitek Pro Flight Throttle Quadrant / CH Flight SIM Yoke

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    908.31 MB

Re: Tobruk Mission BuilderProblems

You'll have to post your mission.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

Quote Originally Posted by jlan5031 View Post
    I followed ATAG's first tutorial and failed to complete it. I chose to build a cold start single mission rather than a multi mission. The only change I made was to select "Single." I managed to get to the point of "Select Spawn Area",...
    Single Mission creation is different for Tobruk map?

Because in BoB map don't require use "spawn area", jut put first waypoint near an existing runway, and set as Takeoff.

1. How do I delete my corrupted mission from the game?
    Go for

Documents\1C Soft...dover\missions\single\

and the delete the .mis file and other files, e.g. .briefing - if create one, with the same name of your mission.
    Last edited by 1lokos; Aug-09-2020 at 14:39.

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.52 GB

Thanks for your responses. I was able to get rid of my corrupted missions. I finally was able to create the mission as I wanted. Only one problem remains.
    When I play the mission, a big grey square covers the upper left side of the screen. I can't make it disappear. I would appreciate any help
    System:
    EVGA P55 FTW SLI / Intel Core i7 875K 2.93GHz / nVidia GeForce GTX680 2GB / 16GB DDR3 1600MHz / Windows 7 64bit
    Flight gear:
    Logitech Extreme 3D Pro / TrackIR 5 / Saitek Pro Flight Throttle Quadrant / CH Flight SIM Yoke

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    908.31 MB

Sounds like an info window. Alt-click on it and use the right mouse button to delete it using the menu.

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.52 GB

Oskar,
    Thanks for your response, but it didn't work. The Alt key doesn't give me a delete option. I can turn the window option on and off. What it does is open a window on top of a gray square. The gray square is independent of the Window screen. Somewhere, it seems to me there was some option to decrease the intensity of the gray color until it disappeared.
    This first appeared during my efforts to build a mission. I didn't notice it until I flew it the first time. Whatever I did, it has affected all the missions.
    I'd appreciate any ideas.
    System:
    Flight gear:

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    2.82 GB

Quote Originally Posted by jlan5031 View Post
    Oskar,
    Thanks for your response, but it didn't work. The Alt key doesn't give me a delete option. I can turn the window option on and off. What it does is open a window on top of a gray square. The gray square is independent of the Window screen. Somewhere, it seems to me there was some option to decrease the intensity of the gray color until it disappeared.
    This first appeared during my efforts to build a mission. I didn't notice it until I flew it the first time. Whatever I did, it has affected all the missions.
    I'd appreciate any ideas.
    please look at pages 28 to 31 of the "Getting Started And Troubleshooting Guide" - you can find it from the main menu, go to extras, then click 'manual' - those pages explain a lot about the info windows and how to set them up.

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.52 GB

Thank you for your response.
    This problem seemed to have appeared while I was faltering and failing to build a new mission in the Mission Building feature. I have removed all my mission attempts, including the successful one, but that has had on effect.

I read and followed the instructions in the Custom Info Window. There are two problems I noted;
    1. The "Save" command does not save. When I close it returns to the default.
    2. The gray square is not affected by any of the solutions I've seen. It is a solid gray square/rectangle that takes up about 1/12 of the screen in the upper left corner. It does not respond to any of my attempts to move it or delete it.

When enabling the Window, the gray square provides a background, and I am able to open or close the Window, but the gray square remains.
    Is there some way to lighten the square until it disappears?
    System:
    Flight gear:

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.52 GB

Re: Tobruk Mission BuilderProblems SOLVED!

I was directed the the thread Re:Windows begun Aug 12, 2014. The solution was the Alt/L/click rt click and close the window. What I didn't realize was that the thick gray window was the result of too many Info Windows stacked together. After repeating the closure steps about a dozen times until it finally disappeared.
    System:
    Flight gear:

10. Likes danperin, ATAG_Ezzie, Stormrider liked this post
    Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.52 GB

Back again
    I'm trying to delete a corrupt file from Mission Builder and the Single Mission list. I deleted it from !C Soft Club. It's disappeared from Soft Club, Cache deleted, but it still appears in Mission Builder and listed in Single Missions So what don't I understand? I was able to delete them before from the instructions above.
    System:
    Flight gear:

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

All missions that you create, edit, save are stored in:

\Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\missions\Single

FMB only access this "Single" folder.

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.52 GB

Re: Tobruk Mission BuilderProblems Solved

1lokos,
    thanks for your response. I finally figured it out.
    jlan5031
    System:
    Flight gear:

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    180.32 MB

OK I made my Lorenz mission. The trick was to ignore everything in the ACG FMB Tutorial and click on everything. Lorenz works, except indicator light of course. I noticed you have to orient the antennas properly or they don't work. Well done

skud

skud lorenz mission.jpg
    Last edited by ATAG_SKUD; Aug-16-2020 at 10:58. Reason: figured it out
    i-9 11900KF@ 5.1 GHZ CPU Watercooled, 32GB Corsair vengeance@4133Mhz, ASUS ROG Maximus XIII Hero (WiFi 6E) Z590 , MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 3080Ti, 2 x 1Tb Samsung NVMe 980 Pro, 43" Gigabyte Aorus FV43U QLED 4K monitor, GVL 224 Ju 88 Big Throttle, BAUR BRD-DS with KG-13A control column, MFG Crosswind Rudders, GVL224 Ju88 Trim Wheel Box, GVL224 Ju 88 Switch Panel, Blackhog SB-2, SB AE-9, Audeze LCD-GX headset, TrackIR5, Buttkicker Simkit + Buttkicker Gamer2, 2 x DSD Flight Panel 2s

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_SKUD View Post
    I wanted to try my hand at making a single mission with the FMB where I spawn into a parked Ju 88 alongside the runway.
    You can even have the Ju 88 over the runway for cold start, avoiding taxi from park point, especially if you don't know runway numbers neither decifre the enigmatic "Strip 90" (inform by TAB-7-3) for a runway that have only 18 and 36 runway.

The option for this spawn in FMB exist in early versions, but Luttier put "under the rug".

I've used lock runway park points with "AntiStorm weight" static object, for force plane spawn on runway (Spawn on Park, engines off), but recently find that this is not needed.

The trick is place two "Airdrome point" ".0" and ".1" over runway ends, aligned with ".1" pointing for take-off direction.

CloD-Airdrome0.jpg

The distance in between the points ".0" and ".1" and and distance in between ".0" and runway capture radius is critical, if they are not in the "sweet spot", plane spawn far away. Some trial and error is need.

Clod_engine off runway.jpg

BTW - Use this only for player "start up" Free Flight mission, AI became confused (more) with this.
    Last edited by 1lokos; Aug-17-2020 at 01:07.

16. Likes ATAG_SKUD liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    180.32 MB

Thanks 1lokos

skud
    i-9 11900KF@ 5.1 GHZ CPU Watercooled, 32GB Corsair vengeance@4133Mhz, ASUS ROG Maximus XIII Hero (WiFi 6E) Z590 , MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 3080Ti, 2 x 1Tb Samsung NVMe 980 Pro, 43" Gigabyte Aorus FV43U QLED 4K monitor, GVL 224 Ju 88 Big Throttle, BAUR BRD-DS with KG-13A control column, MFG Crosswind Rudders, GVL224 Ju88 Trim Wheel Box, GVL224 Ju 88 Switch Panel, Blackhog SB-2, SB AE-9, Audeze LCD-GX headset, TrackIR5, Buttkicker Simkit + Buttkicker Gamer2, 2 x DSD Flight Panel 2s