Thread: Bombs not exploding !

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    6.72 GB

Bombs not exploding !

On first Eagles over Tobruk I cannot get the bombs on the Bf-109E to explode even dropped at low level.I've armed bombs & even toggled "Short delay " but no joy. I assume they don't have to arm'in air" do they? Anyway am I missing a solution? I've also had a Stuka Mission & a Hurribomber mission when bombs don't seem to have gone off , but this may have been because I didn't arm them..is this a glitch?
    Its no fun getting shot to pieces & not doing some harm to the enemy..

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    76.64 MB

Re: Bombs not exploding !

Quote Originally Posted by Blitzen View Post
    On first Eagles over Tobruk I cannot get the bombs on the Bf-109E to explode even dropped at low level.I've armed bombs & even toggled "Short delay " but no joy. I assume they don't have to arm'in air" do they? Anyway am I missing a solution? I've also had a Stuka Mission & a Hurribomber mission when bombs don't seem to have gone off , but this may have been because I didn't arm them..is this a glitch?
    Its no fun getting shot to pieces & not doing some harm to the enemy..
    Bombs of 250KG only detonate when dropped from higher altitudes. Changing the bomb settings to low or dive do not help. Bombs of 50KG can be dropped from lower altitudes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    155.92 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Bussard View Post
    Bombs of 250KG only detonate when dropped from higher altitudes. Changing the bomb settings to low or dive do not help. Bombs of 50KG can be dropped from lower altitudes.
    Depends on the sort of bomb.
    The SC series when taking the low level fuze can be used even to skip bomb ships, 50 and 250kh.
    The SD series however only have a high alt fuze, meaning they have a minimum height at which they can be dropped.

The choice of fuze for the bombs is essential in CloD!

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    76.64 MB

Quote Originally Posted by JG4_Karaya View Post
    Depends on the sort of bomb.
    The SC series when taking the low level fuze can be used even to skip bomb ships, 50 and 250kh.
    The SD series however only have a high alt fuze, meaning they have a minimum height at which they can be dropped.

The choice of fuze for the bombs is essential in CloD!
    I tested this with the Bf110C-4, the SC250 with fuze set to low level does not detonate at low level drops.
    As you already mentioned the SD250 only has high altitude fuze so that is correct in the sim.

The SC500 which has only low level fuze does detonate at lowel level drops.
    Last edited by Bussard; Aug-10-2020 at 10:56.