Thread: Tomahawk Mk II Late Issues

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    123.26 MB

Tomahawk Mk II Late Issues

I took a "Tomahawk Mk II Late" up on the TWC 1941 channel map and discovered the following issues:

• When running my mouse cursor over the cockpit instruments, so I can see a digital read-out, I noticed there is no digital read-out for the slip indicator instrument. I use the negative and positive values to determine how much trim to apply.
    • The button I have mapped to toggle my landing flaps, does not work in this aircraft. I decided to map 2 buttons: 1 to open the flaps, 1 to close the flaps. What happens; when I press the button the flaps will open, but when I release the button the flaps go back to neutral. The same goes for when I close the flaps. In order to have the flaps remain open I have to hold the button. If I release the button, the flaps close.
    • When I open the canopy so I can get a look around the nose of my aircraft, my sideways movement is limited as if the canopy is still closed.
    • There also seems to be some issues with the sound files as the engine sound intermittently cuts out when I move my head to look around.
    Last edited by TWC_Padre; Aug-09-2020 at 19:20.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    320.64 MB

Re: Tomahawk Mk II Late Issues

Quote Originally Posted by TWC_Padre View Post
    I took a "Tomahawk Mk II Late" up on the TWC 1941 channel map and discovered the following issues:

• When running my mouse cursor over the cockpit instruments, so I can see a digital read-out, I noticed there is no digital read-out for the slip indicator instrument. I use the negative and positive values to determine how much trim to apply.
    • The button I have mapped to toggle my landing flaps, does not work in this aircraft. I decided to map 2 buttons: 1 to open the flaps, 1 to close the flaps. What happens; when I press the button the flaps will open, but when I release the button the flaps go back to neutral. The same goes for when I close the flaps. In order to have the flaps remain open I have to hold the button. If I release the button, the flaps close.
    • When I open the canopy so I can get a look around the nose of my aircraft, my sideways movement is limited as if the canopy is still closed.
    • There also seems to be some issues with the sound files as the engine sound intermittently cuts out when I move my head to look around.
    There are still some sound mixing issues remaining... we updated to a new version of the FMOD sound engine... FMOD Studio over the old FMOD Ex.

The new engine has better surround sound effects, but the sounds cannot be migrated from the old engine easily... they need re-mixing. We thought we had all this complete, but it looks like some still need attention.

While I do say the above, I also need to ask if you have your in game sound turned up to 100%?

If you do not, you can get missing sounds as you mention.

Always turn the in game sound to 100%, then adjust the volume in your earphones or speakers with your Windows desktop mixer.

If you don't have the sound to 100%, please adjust the level and test again.

3. Likes TWC_Padre, JGr124_LT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    123.26 MB

Re: Tomahawk Mk II Late Issues

Quote Originally Posted by RAF74_Buzzsaw View Post
    Always turn the in game sound to 100%, then adjust the volume in your earphones or speakers with your Windows desktop mixer.
    Wow!!!! What difference .... excellent advise! Thanks, your advice has suddenly opened a whole other dimension to this game