Thread: VERY early inquiry - but how are sales of Tobruk going?

Combat pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    186.71 MB

VERY early inquiry - but how are sales of Tobruk going?

Probably way too early but so far are they meeting expectations? Above/below expectations?

Hoping things are going well based on all of the work Team Fusion put in. Good luck!

Combat pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    186.71 MB

Re: VERY early inquiry - but how are sales of Tobruk going?

No news? Not allowed by contract to say? Just wondering..

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    255.73 MB

I don't think that something TFS is allowed to discuss.

Supporting Member III./ZG76_Saipan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    3.0 KB

doesnt seem to be in steams top sellers...so i wouldnt assume its a break out.
    ASUS Z370-A, i5 8600k, CM haf-x, EVGA gtx 1660 Ti SC ACX, Antec HC 850, Samsung 120GB SSD , WD Black 1TB, Corsair GSkill 16GB, Creative SB Recon, Creative G500 5.1, ASUS VS248h-P
    Me-110 Black 17 with Hptmn. Hans "AWAC" Warsteiner
    :
    Trust me , I fly a Bf 110 (C2-->C7)

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    155.92 MB

Quote Originally Posted by III./ZG76_Saipan View Post
    doesnt seem to be in steams top sellers...so i wouldnt assume its a break out.
    As if any flight sim short of MSFS 2020 has been in the Steam top sellers in the not so distant past. Flight sims are generally not top sellers on Steam, not compared to the competition they are facing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    255.73 MB

Quote Originally Posted by JG4_Karaya View Post
    As if any flight sim short of MSFS 2020 has been in the Steam top sellers in the not so distant past. Flight sims are generally not top sellers on Steam, not compared to the competition they are facing.
    Hehehe yeah, the only way a flight sim would get to the top is if players spawn on a plane, land, get off the plane and start shooting each other. The one condition being that the time between respawn and landing takes less than 10 seconds.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    280.96 MB

Maybe if VR was added ...

No please!!! Don't shoot ... No! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    155.92 MB

Quote Originally Posted by DerDa View Post
    Maybe if VR was added ...

No please!!! Don't shoot ... No! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

9. Likes ATAG_Highseas, danperin, ATAG_Ribbs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    712.59 MB

I can say this. I don't know. I can say this too: If I knew I probably couldn't tell you.
    I hope this helps.

http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2673&dateline=1390351127

Principle skinner

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    227.55 MB

Quote Originally Posted by major_setback View Post
    I can say this. I don't know. I can say this too: If I knew I probably couldn't tell you.
    I hope this helps.

Not really,but then it's academic really is'nt it,I think the majority of us can work it out for ourselves tbh......it has'nt happened for them has it ?......come on let's face it,it's a pretty prehistoric game and some bright spark decided to charge the earth for an update that's a decade overdue.....work it out,Albert Einstein need'nt worry himself over this one.

Chillblast Fusion Cirrus 2 FS Pc/Intel Core i7-7700K Kaby Lake CPU/Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 1070 G1 8GB/Seagate 2TB FireCuda SSHD/16GB DDR4 2133MHz Memory/Asus STRIX Z270F Gaming Motherboard/Corsair Hydro Series H80i GT Liquid Cooler/TM Warthog with Sahaj 15cm Extension/MFG Crosswind Pedals/Saitek Cessna Trim Wheel & Throttle Quadrants/TrackiR4/Windows 10 Home/Sense of humour,I find it comes in handy !

12. Likes SamJoDo liked this post
    Dislikes OBT~Mikmak, Yo-Yo, ATAG_Ribbs disliked this post
    Veteran Combat pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    589.91 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Plt Off JRB Meaker View Post
    Not really,but then it's academic really is'nt it,I think the majority of us can work it out for ourselves tbh......it has'nt happened for them has it ?......come on let's face it,it's a pretty prehistoric game and some bright spark decided to charge the earth for an update that's a decade overdue.....work it out,Albert Einstein need'nt worry himself over this one.
    Personally I think Desert Wings has a very good chance of doing well, especially in the longer term.

There are only a couple of WW2 flight sims of a technical (as opposed to arcade) nature like it, and it's hardly prehistoric with graphics which are almost photo-realistic, especially with TF's improvements.

Going to air shows is hugely popular with the public, and there is a lot of interest in vintage aircraft. When Desert Wings gets VR support it'll give it a major boost.

Also, my 5 year old PC with GTX970 runs it perfectly with everything maxed out, so it's a great buy for someone with a lower spec PC.

I did wonder whether MS Flight Sim 2020 would mean many people abandoning every other flight sim in droves since all the hype made it seem such a vast advance on everything else out there. But it now seems that it'll be several years before hardware gets to the point where MS 2020 will run well with all its selling points enabled, and in any case not everyone can afford up to the minute hardware.

So older sims which look great and still run well on older PCs are likely to be popular for some time to come.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    280.96 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Plt Off JRB Meaker View Post
    Albert Einstein said some bright things about infinity ...

And by the way there are certain games that mankind is playing for more than 2 million years now without getting tired of them.
    Sorry that your glass is 1/8 empty, I'll enjoy my 7/8 full one meanwhile

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    571.41 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Colander View Post
    Hehehe yeah, the only way a flight sim would get to the top is if players spawn on a plane, land, get off the plane and start shooting each other. The one condition being that the time between respawn and landing takes less than 10 seconds.
    can we do that in 5.1.1 ?

- ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO - i9-13900k - ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 4090 OC - 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR5 5600MHz -
    - CORSAIR 1200w HX Series PSU - Corsair H100x Hydro Series CPU Cooler -
    - Big Screen Beyond -

- Virpil T50 Mongoos Flight Stick -
    - TM Warthog Throttle -
    - Slaw Device 109 Cam Rudder Pedals -

Highseas Peripherals
    - Engine Switch Panel - Munitions Switch Panel - Throttle Quadrant Trim Box - Helicopter Collective - Analogue Brake Lever -

Operated by a 1972 Standard Issue Talking Monkey

16. Likes danperin, ATAG_Ribbs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    571.41 MB

And by the way there are certain games that mankind is playing for more than 2 million years now without getting tired of them.
    ha !

well said DerDa

I just finished playing Bao with my daughter (12 today)

She wanted a birthday evening of card games and board games... so after a few hands of Gin Rummy, and a side order of Poker Dice I got my Bao set out... taught her the basics and and beat her at that as well.

Happy birthday !!

The reaility is she had a whale of a time.

Because.. (to quote ATAG_Lewis....)

It's all about the fun.

If you forget the fun you probably need to work out your life again.

Let's Play !!

- ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO - i9-13900k - ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 4090 OC - 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR5 5600MHz -
    - CORSAIR 1200w HX Series PSU - Corsair H100x Hydro Series CPU Cooler -
    - Big Screen Beyond -

- Virpil T50 Mongoos Flight Stick -
    - TM Warthog Throttle -
    - Slaw Device 109 Cam Rudder Pedals -

Highseas Peripherals
    - Engine Switch Panel - Munitions Switch Panel - Throttle Quadrant Trim Box - Helicopter Collective - Analogue Brake Lever -

Operated by a 1972 Standard Issue Talking Monkey

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.25 GB

What is Bao?
    Gigabyte Z390 UD | i7 9700K @3.60GHz | 16.0 GB | Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti
    TM Warthog HOTAS | Saitek pro rudder pedals | TrackIR 5 | TeamSpeak 3.3.2 | TS Notifier 1.6.0h

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    712.59 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Noofy View Post
    What is Bao?
    I don't know either, but it looks tasty:

bao, what is it.jpg
    http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2673&dateline=1390351127

Principle skinner

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    255.73 MB

Bao

21. Likes ATAG_Highseas liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    227.55 MB

The thread is......'how are sales of Tobruk going?'......I gave an answer based on the reviews and comments I've witnessed on the web,there's no need to get all personal and unnecessary,chaps,just because it's not the answer you want to hear.

Lol...You lot are very sensative on here are'nt you ?
    Last edited by Meaks; Sep-02-2020 at 08:18.

Chillblast Fusion Cirrus 2 FS Pc/Intel Core i7-7700K Kaby Lake CPU/Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 1070 G1 8GB/Seagate 2TB FireCuda SSHD/16GB DDR4 2133MHz Memory/Asus STRIX Z270F Gaming Motherboard/Corsair Hydro Series H80i GT Liquid Cooler/TM Warthog with Sahaj 15cm Extension/MFG Crosswind Pedals/Saitek Cessna Trim Wheel & Throttle Quadrants/TrackiR4/Windows 10 Home/Sense of humour,I find it comes in handy !

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    266.14 MB

Re your post SOW Reddog,yeah,I can't believe all those bug issues have'nt been addressed......that's crazy given the time that's elapsed during the creation of this.....masterpiece,it beggars belief,it really does.We spent time and effort,logging and reporting those issues throughout the golden years of ACG,as I'm sure other groups did too,what a complete waste of time.

Re the Wellington,I'm still not clear on this,can you fly the flyable Wellington on the Channel Map via the editor ?.......if you've purchased Tobruk/TF5 ?,that's what I'd be after,if you can,then there's hope,great,if you can't then that's it for me,I would'nt be interested.......and as for flying over miles and miles of desolate and baron sand,that does'nt float my boat either,sorry TFS,just not my bag,I'm sure there will be those that'll love it,but it's not for me.
    Meaker

Why are you here? Why play the moral card and pretend to be offended by Der Da's comments.

The quote above is yours made on another forum. You have been a long term detractor of this sim and from the comments in the quote above have no interest in Desert Wings?

A "How are sales of Tobruk going?" thread is surely of no interest to you.

24. Likes Yo-Yo liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    227.55 MB

Black Top.......Don't be so sensitive,it's a free world,there is no gag on free speech here,get over it,just because someone has mentioned something against the wonderful update that you obviously think great,does'nt mean that others will feel the same way.....that's very immature blossom.

I have been a member here since 2011,long before you ever came on the scene,it's a forum,people discuss topics on a forum,they don't just agree to everything that's being said,otherwise they lose their identity as a human being.

26. Likes BlackTop liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    406.29 MB

Well, it seems that this thread is pretty much done.

Thanks to all for contributing.

Snapper

HP Omen Laptop 15, AMD Ryzen 5 5600H 16 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6 GB VRAM Win 11 64 bit 22H2 (KB5020044), Nvidia GeForce Driver ver 527.56, TrackIR 5, Gear Falcon Trim Box, Gear Falcon Throttle Quadrant, TM16000 joystick, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Quadrant, Saitek Pro Combat rudder pedals
    VR: None
    Installation path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz