Thread: Well done and thanks

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    22.61 MB

Well done and thanks

I had family commitments on the weekend so have only now managed to put a few hours in on this release, and could I just now say: wow!

I've just tested the basis of one mission for a campaign I am hoping to put together and it was immense fun, and not because of anything I personally had created in the mission, but simply the way this game is now functioning. Regardless of whether my missions are any good for others I'm simply buzzing because I know the single player side of things can give me such a great experience, even when it is my own work, and seriously, that is miraculous!

Don't get me wrong, I am not blind to some issues there may (still) be, but I try to rate things as a balance of good and bad points and CloD is now massively in the positive zone; I really can't see me flying anything else for some time to come, especially with the time needed for mission building!

One thing I would like to mention with great appreciation is that I no longer need to run sweet fx for the anti-aliasing and colour 'improvements' I prefered. (I don't know if colour changed or if it is placebo but it seems much better and if the FXAA option was there before then I didn't find it and am really glad it is there!).

I can't list in full the things I'm loving in itas there are so many, so to everyone involved: brilliant work, this release is fantastic, you should be very proud of it.
    I am Yo-Yo not YoYo (that's someone else)

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    320.64 MB

Re: Well done and thanks

Thanks very much for your patience and appreciation.

A reminder of course.... if you would like to see us continue, then the game needs to succeed commercially... it must sell a certain number of copies... so if you could put a positive review on Steam, it would be appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Yo-Yo View Post
    I had family commitments on the weekend so have only now managed to put a few hours in on this release, and could I just now say: wow!

I've just tested the basis of one mission for a campaign I am hoping to put together and it was immense fun, and not because of anything I personally had created in the mission, but simply the way this game is now functioning. Regardless of whether my missions are any good for others I'm simply buzzing because I know the single player side of things can give me such a great experience, even when it is my own work, and seriously, that is miraculous!

Don't get me wrong, I am not blind to some issues there may (still) be, but I try to rate things as a balance of good and bad points and CloD is now massively in the positive zone; I really can't see me flying anything else for some time to come, especially with the time needed for mission building!

One thing I would like to mention with great appreciation is that I no longer need to run sweet fx for the anti-aliasing and colour 'improvements' I prefered. (I don't know if colour changed or if it is placebo but it seems much better and if the FXAA option was there before then I didn't find it and am really glad it is there!).

I can't list in full the things I'm loving in itas there are so many, so to everyone involved: brilliant work, this release is fantastic, you should be very proud of it.

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    22.61 MB

Quote Originally Posted by RAF74_Buzzsaw View Post
    ... so if you could put a positive review on Steam, it would be appreciated.
    I already had from some time ago but I've updated it to make reference to 'Desert Wings' and 'Fantastic'

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    571.41 MB

It is epic isnt it?

It's so nice to see positive comments!

It has often felt like cliffs just constantly got a kicking. No matter what. Despite being teriffic. (With its flaws).

Really good to see positives !

- ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO - i9-13900k - ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 4090 OC - 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR5 5600MHz -
    - CORSAIR 1200w HX Series PSU - Corsair H100x Hydro Series CPU Cooler -
    - Big Screen Beyond -

- Virpil T50 Mongoos Flight Stick -
    - TM Warthog Throttle -
    - Slaw Device 109 Cam Rudder Pedals -

Highseas Peripherals
    - Engine Switch Panel - Munitions Switch Panel - Throttle Quadrant Trim Box - Helicopter Collective - Analogue Brake Lever -

Operated by a 1972 Standard Issue Talking Monkey

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    22.61 MB

I needed to vent some more praise:

I just flew a trip on the TF#3 server in the wellington, confident I could now at least get to target in time thanks to the tip about <tl. I love that Wellington, the sound when you first throttle up, awesome, and just looking around feeling like you really are in a big ol' bird then it feeling like a heavy too.

And CloD with it's wondrous (but simple) map tools, I never knew they were there in the beginning (in truth I only flew fighters back when vanilla CloD came out). Navigating through the desert is tense, difficult and frustrating....exactly as I have read it was! But the feeling of seeing that road come into view just at the point you've timed it to, just marvellous. I've even found myself learning long division again, well done computer games eh?!

Anyway, I found my target, hit it in a low pass and picked up significant damage, excellent damage modelling... I found I could just about fly along at a shave over 100 IAS, holding it steady and steerign one way by the rudder; having set my course for east I hoped I could get back to the lines at least... it was only when I saw another airbase shooting at me that I realised I had configured my compass after the attack run a whole 180 degrees out because of the blood fogging my eyes. Oh well, I put down on the deck where I was as it was close to the server end and luckily it is only a game

Outstanding fun and not another human needed!

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    22.61 MB

7. Likes ATAG_Snapper, major_setback liked this post