Thread: Hurricane MkIIa - Loadout doesnt stick

5 mins from the Red Arrows, 1 min from a good pub.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    1.01 GB

Hurricane MkIIa - Loadout doesnt stick

Hi

I follow the same procedure every time using the "Plane" in the options menu. Works for all the Hurri variants but the MkIIa (temperate and Trop). No matter what ive tried (Custom loadout name, Custom gun preset, both, none) as soon as I go back to loadouts after re-starting the game, the thing reverts to 182/182 with the default loadout and wipes the user.ini.

Works fine for all the other hurris.
    My Rig: Samsung 40" TV, 5600X on Air, RTX3080 FE, 32GB Gskill Neo 3600 CL16 RAM, M2 Gen 4 Drives, Corsair RM850X PSU, MFG Crosswinds, TM WH Throttle, Virpil Mongoose T50CM w/100mm extension, TIR5, EDtracker pro.

" Better a thorn on the outside than a prick on the inside"

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    220.96 MB

Re: Hurricane MkIIa - Loadout doesnt stick

Quote Originally Posted by BOO View Post
    Hi

I follow the same procedure every time using the "Plane" in the options menu. Works for all the Hurri variants but the MkIIa (temperate and Trop). No matter what ive tried (Custom loadout name, Custom gun preset, both, none) as soon as I go back to loadouts after re-starting the game, the thing reverts to 182/182 with the default loadout and wipes the user.ini.

Works fine for all the other hurris.
    Delete user.ini in the documents folder and do it freshly in the game.

Or if you're into editing stuff, carefully only copy over lines your understand (really need) and leave alone stuff you don't (really need and easy be redone in game). First clear the whole user.ini file.
    If you don't understand what you edit and therfore if it won't still work, you better be doing it in the game, don't forget to delete the file then.

5 mins from the Red Arrows, 1 min from a good pub.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    1.01 GB

Quote Originally Posted by Tibsun View Post
    Delete user.ini in the documents folder and do it freshly in the game.

Or if you're into editing stuff, carefully only copy over lines your understand (really need) and leave alone stuff you don't (really need and easy be redone in game). First clear the whole user.ini file.
    If you don't understand what you edit and therfore if it won't still work, you better be doing it in the game, don't forget to delete the file then.
    Thanks but Ive done all of that. Several times. Ive even started a fresh ini with the just the IIa. Never had this issue in 5years of tinkering with the loadouts. All moot though really as 5.0 seems to have rendered the AI too superhumanly twitchy and the .303s too impotent for my meagre skills.
    My Rig: Samsung 40" TV, 5600X on Air, RTX3080 FE, 32GB Gskill Neo 3600 CL16 RAM, M2 Gen 4 Drives, Corsair RM850X PSU, MFG Crosswinds, TM WH Throttle, Virpil Mongoose T50CM w/100mm extension, TIR5, EDtracker pro.

" Better a thorn on the outside than a prick on the inside"

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    220.96 MB

Quote Originally Posted by BOO View Post
    Thanks but Ive done all of that. Several times. Ive even started a fresh ini with the just the IIa. Never had this issue in 5years of tinkering with the loadouts. All moot though really as 5.0 seems to have rendered the AI too superhumanly twitchy and the .303s too impotent for my meagre skills.
    I've checked it and changed convergence, restartet game, it saved ok and also loads up ok.

Did you really delete the file in the documents?
    I already had one today tell me the same, his loadout would not save, he said he did delete it.
    Asking again it was clear he copied his faulty code into the file again.

Here, restarted, all there also back in game.
    Code:
    [tobruk:Aircraft.HurricaneMkIIaTrop]
      conv _Gun00 bob:Gun.Browning303MkII 300 300
      conv _Gun04 bob:Gun.Browning303MkII 300 300
      conv _Gun06 bob:Gun.Browning303MkII 300 300
      conv _Gun03 bob:Gun.Browning303MkII 300 300
      conv _Gun05 bob:Gun.Browning303MkII 300 300
      conv _Gun07 bob:Gun.Browning303MkII 300 300
      conv _Gun02 bob:Gun.Browning303MkII 300 300
      conv _Gun01 bob:Gun.Browning303MkII 300 300
      belt _Gun07 bob:Gun.Browning303MkII MainBelt 2 2 2 2 11 2 2 10
      weapons 1
      regiment tobruk:Tobruk_RAF_F_341Sqn
    Maybe you can swap yours with it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    438.08 MB

Just checked and I'm also able to save Hurri MkIIa loadouts for both types just fine.

Edit : Restarted a few times and bingo - MkIIa settings reverted to stock ! Hmm I'll repeat the process.

Edit 2 : All is well, so far.

And there's an oddity.
    The Trop version is 14lb heavier empty weight, but takeoff weight is 117lb less meaning it exceeds take-off weight with only 58% fuel load.

2atrop.jpg 2a.jpg

Dazza
    Last edited by Dazza; Aug-11-2020 at 01:25.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    155.92 MB

Quote Originally Posted by dazza View Post
    And there's an oddity.
    The Trop version is 14lb heavier empty weight, but takeoff weight is 117lb less meaning it exceeds take-off weight with only 58% fuel load.

2atrop.jpg 2a.jpg

Dazza
    The takeoff weight value is only a sort of reference that can be defined within the flight model to give players a hint of what a typical all up weight is. I assume that this value has not been updated by Buzz in time for release. In any case this should not affect performance of the aircraft at all.

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    22.61 MB

I don't know if related in any way to what Boo sees, but my CloD tends to change my screen resoultion all by its self.

My monitor is 3840 x 2160 but I run the game on 2560 x 1440, sometimes, and I have no idea the trigger for this, it will run in the higher resolution (which gives me bad performance). It did it last night when I tried to fly the first mission of tht Desert Hawks(?)campaign (it has run this ok before), and I was then trying repeatedly to get it back to my preferred resolution using red dogfight #1 as a test. Sometimes I need to restart the game, sometimes my pc, and last night I had to manually change the value in the config file and restart my pc.

I used to have reshade installed so maybe that messed something up, but just noting this here in case any clever person would understand if the two issues are related in any way.

I'm thinking maybe I should set the file that has my resolution in as 'read only'.

On Boo's point, I did think I saw at least one aircraff resort to 183.238745239742975238 or something for the value when I had previously put in 210 for the convergence, but when I checked the Hurricane MkIIa it was holding my value still.
    I am Yo-Yo not YoYo (that's someone else)

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    320.64 MB

Has been corrected... left the old value in for Takeoff weight.

Normal takeoff for Trop version is 7141 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by dazza View Post
    Just checked and I'm also able to save Hurri MkIIa loadouts for both types just fine.

Edit : Restarted a few times and bingo - MkIIa settings reverted to stock ! Hmm I'll repeat the process.

Edit 2 : All is well, so far.

And there's an oddity.

2atrop.jpg 2a.jpg

Dazza