Thread: Custom Window problems.

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.52 GB

Custom Window problems.

When I open any flight program, a gray, upright panel appears on the upper left side of the screen. I believe it is related to the Custom Info Window, because the window appears over the gray triangle. I can access and modify the Window, however, when I move the Window to the other side of the screen, the rectangle stays. I can find no way to move, delete, or modify it.

I've read the manual, but the Tab left/right click method does nothing. I've deleted the cache folder. I'm at a loss.

I've thought there might be a method of reducing the color until it becomes invisible but have found no information.
    I believe I might have generated the rectangle while fumbling several attempts in the Full Mission Builder, but I can't figure how it might all flights in Mission, Mission, Quick, and Single.

I'd take a picture and include it, but I don't know how to do that either.
    System:
    EVGA P55 FTW SLI / Intel Core i7 875K 2.93GHz / nVidia GeForce GTX680 2GB / 16GB DDR3 1600MHz / Windows 7 64bit
    Flight gear:
    Logitech Extreme 3D Pro / TrackIR 5 / Saitek Pro Flight Throttle Quadrant / CH Flight SIM Yoke

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

Re: Custom Window problems.

Hold Alt key pressed and left mouse click of this window area for highlight, left mouse click over and the pop-up select Customize.

Set "Inactive Alpha BG" to 0, window became transparent. Is need select values in drop down/up menu, not typing.

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    277.05 MB

Press and hold left-Alt key, then left click in the window to select it, let go of Alt, and then right click should show you 'Close ...' ?

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.52 GB

Thanks for your responses.

But there are two separate issues.

1. The problem is not with the Info Window commands. Info Window responds to the Alt/left click/rt. click. It appears over the gray rectangle. I can move
    the Info Window away from the gray rectangle and close it.

2. The gray rectangle, however is fixed and does not move with the Info Window screen and does not respond to the Alt/Left click/Right click commands.
    I have noticed that on the top edge of the gray rectangle a very faint "Info Window." I can put my cursor on that faint print, but when I attempt to
    delete it or open it, a new transparent Info Window appears.
    The gray rectangle does not respond to any attempt to move or delete it.

3. I believe I may have tripped something when I was messing with the Full Mission Builder. Could one of the conf.ini files have been modified?
    System:
    EVGA P55 FTW SLI / Intel Core i7 875K 2.93GHz / nVidia GeForce GTX680 2GB / 16GB DDR3 1600MHz / Windows 7 64bit
    Flight gear:
    Logitech Extreme 3D Pro / TrackIR 5 / Saitek Pro Flight Throttle Quadrant / CH Flight SIM Yoke

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    277.05 MB

Quote Originally Posted by jlan5031 View Post
    Thanks for your responses.

But there are two separate issues.

1. The problem is not with the Info Window commands. Info Window responds to the Alt/left click/rt. click. It appears over the gray rectangle. I can move
    the Info Window away from the gray rectangle and close it.

2. The gray rectangle, however is fixed and does not move with the Info Window screen and does not respond to the Alt/Left click/Right click commands.
    I have noticed that on the top edge of the gray rectangle a very faint "Info Window." I can put my cursor on that faint print, but when I attempt to

3. I believe I may have tripped something when I was messing with the Full Mission Builder. Could one of the conf.ini files have been modified?
    Yes, it could...

Open up the file ConfUser.ini with Notepad.
    (Make a backup copy of it first though)

Look for section named [Chatwindow]

You could try and replace all text in that section with this one, it gives you some kind of 'standard' (for the DangerDogz that is) on the active chat windows...

Code:
    [ChatWindow]
    0:-1=-posSize '0.016 0.861 0.152 0.139' -titleStr "Info Window" -alpha 0 -ualpha 0 -vscroll -wrap -history 100
    0:262144=-lay 0 -fnt 0 -clr 0
    1:-1=-posSize '0.819 0.595 0.181 0.145' -titleStr "Secondary Controls" -alpha 130 -ualpha 0 -history 10 -timeout 15
    1:5=-font 0
    1:4=-font 0
    1:7=-font 0
    2:-1=-posSize '0.000 0.005 0.200 0.200' -titleStr "Info Window" -alpha 50 -ualpha 0 -vscroll -wrap -history 90 -timeout 25
    2:2=-font 0
    3:-1=-posSize '0.781 0.007 0.215 0.188' -titleStr "Info. Window 1" -alpha 20 -ualpha 0 -vscroll -wrap -includeTime -history 5 -timeout 10
    3:4=-font 0
    3:3=-font 0
    3:131072=0
    3:1=-font 0
    3:6=-font 0
    4:-1=-posSize '0.264 0.002 0.450 0.991' -titleStr NetStats -title -border -alpha 50 -ualpha 0 -custom
    4:-2=-font 0 -color 120 -columnWidth '0.113 0.197 0.354 0.161 0.104 0.070' -columnSort 2
    Maybe it helps?

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

This gray rectangle is another Info Window, and like any others can be closed. But use the "force brute" method suggested by DD-FT, editing ConfUser.ini file.

BTW - This empty Info Window was left there with "Inactive Alpha BG" set high with the intention of bring new players attention that all windows on screen can be customized, closed (but not re-open, need create a new).

IMO - Although the original intention was noble, this "gray rectangle" has caused so many complains and forums post, that developers (old/new) should have removed it from screen a long time ago, what require just edit a text file.
    Last edited by 1lokos; Aug-11-2020 at 18:39.

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.52 GB

DD_FT
    Thank you for your prompt response. Alas, it didn't help. Somewhere there must be a program that controls that Info Window. I searched 1CcSoft Club for Info Window. It found something in confUser, referring to it as a Configuration settings. I couldn't recognize anything when I looked. It's discouraging. I've been at this for 4 days.
    I'm beginning to think I should just uninstall the game and then reinstall.
    System:
    Flight gear:

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.52 GB

1lokos
    Thank you for responding. Your response is along the lines I have been thinking. I have searched 1C and Blitz but can find no reference to "Alpha BG" you referred to. Do you have any suggestion about where to look and what to do?
    System:
    Flight gear:

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    438.08 MB

I have searched 1C and Blitz but can find no reference to "Alpha BG" you referred to. Do you have any suggestion about where to look and what to do?
    https://youtu.be/gCuhgbwcvZQ?t=113

Alpha Background - this tutorial video explains it and other aspects of Cliffs windows.
    I hope it's helpful to you.

Also this one.
    https://youtu.be/MF-ke3n4IRw

Fingers X'd you solve it.

Daz
    Last edited by Dazza; Aug-11-2020 at 20:12.

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.52 GB

Dazza and 1lokos,
    SOLVED!
    Thanks for the directions. I first went to Steam and had it verify the integrity of my game. It found some errors and corrected them, but that didn't resolve the problem. What did solve it was the phil stile video reference. That didn't solve it either. But further down that thread I discovered the solution in one of the responses. The problem was that I had too many Windows activated and needed to Alt/left click/Right click/close window about a dozen times. Then the window finally disappeared!
    All is right in the world of COD again.

Snapper edit: Make that a “Like!” (hit dislike with a fat thumb on a tiny iPhone screen! )
    Last edited by ATAG_Snapper; Aug-11-2020 at 21:25.
    System:
    Flight gear:

11. Likes Dazza, danperin, DD_FT, Biggs, palker liked this post
    Dislikes ATAG_Snapper disliked this post
    Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    92.30 MB

Great you got sorted.

On the subject of info windows - is there any way to change the text color in the configs files or something for the info sections that dont have the option for font colour in the UI? I find the red and blue text hard to read sometimes depending on the background - i like the text being small so its not too intrusive.