Thread: Full throttle spawn in SP campaign missions.

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.19 GB

Angry Full throttle spawn in SP campaign missions.

Occasionally when I move to the next mission in an SP Campaign my a/c has full throttle even though my hand Throttle is at 0%.
    Also in a couple of Tobruk missions the a/c starts full throttle and brakes locked. My a/c and wingman both nose over. Mission aborted and I have to come out of the campaign.
    Anybody got any clues as to how to overcome these small irritating setbacks?
    Seabro

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit ; 3.67GHz Intel Core i5-760 CPU @ 3.80GHz; ASUS Prime Z270-P; Fractal Water Cooled Case. 16GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 668MHz; Acer H241SL 1920x1080 [Monitor]; NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070; Direct X 12 Version (10.00.19041.2075 64-bit Unicode); Track IR5; Thrustmaster T1600m; CH Throttle Quadrant; Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle + TFRP Rudder Pedals; Samsung SSD 850 EVO 250GB for O.S. + ST2000DM006-2DM164 2TB HDD for Flight Programs & Add-ons

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    255.83 MB

Re: Full throttle spawn in SP campaign missions.

Similarly, in Blitz 5.001 I've noticed prop pitch is now fully course (0%). Previously planes spawned in flight with prop pitch fine (100%). I noticed this tonight while flying Hurricanes and Spitfires in quick missions.

Likewise the gunsight is now illuminated at mission start by default, which is good as far as I'm concerned. There seems to be several changes to the default start up settings.
    Last edited by Dawson; Aug-11-2020 at 22:17.

3. Likes \Hawk/ liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

Propeller pitch in coarse (0/%) is a "ad-hoc" solution for the problem of of players blow up engines in air start, putting throttle in 100% and forget adjust propeller pitch. Now he can loose some altitude, but don't loose the engine.

5. Likes Dawson liked this post
    Manual Creation Group ATAG_Ezzie's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    115.2 KB

Quote Originally Posted by seabro View Post
    Occasionally when I move to the next mission in an SP Campaign my a/c has full throttle even though my hand Throttle is at 0%.
    Also in a couple of Tobruk missions the a/c starts full throttle and brakes locked. My a/c and wingman both nose over. Mission aborted and I have to come out of the campaign.
    Anybody got any clues as to how to overcome these small irritating setbacks?
    Hi seabro - thanks for the feedback.

I think the author of these campaigns is intending on updating them so that they start parked rather than on the threshold with engines going. But that doesnt help you in the meantime i realise

re nosing over - i'm not sure of the best way to fix that in the meantime. Have you tried hitting autopilot immediately at spawn in and see if that helps. Or quickly cycling your throttle up to 100% and then back to 0%. Not ideal i realise but might be a workaround for your aircraft - not sure about your wingman though. Sorry if you have already tried this.

Ezzie

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

This what OP observe is curious, because in FMB are no option for set plane throttle position.

Scramble - put plane on runway, engines on (throttle depends on joysticks throttle position), chocks in, brakes out.

Idle - put plane on runway, engines on, chocks OUT, brakes out. This option allow plane turn for wind direction, no matter if is just 3 m/s ~6.7 MPH wind.

Spawn Parked - put plane on park point with highest number of airfield, engines OFF, chocks out, brakes out, subject to wind force.

Spawn Parked + Scramble - put plane on park point, engines on, chocks in.

Spawn Parked + Idle - put plane on park point, engines off, chocks out, brakes out. Or the Idle have no effect.

Now if none of the above options is ticked - what happens when mission maker put first waypoint on airbase and select take-off; plane spawn on runway, engine on (idle) and a message inform brakes 0%.

BTW - The option for spawn plane on runway, engines off (like IL-2:46, IL-2 GB/Bo'X) disappeared "under the rug", in MG patch.

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    8.80 MB

I have noticed the same problem as described by the OP. Single Mission Royal Rodeo starts with player in the second aircraft which starts full throttle and crashes into the rear of the lead plane. The Mission File has none of the spawn options checked and the player is assigned to the second aircraft in the group.

I edited the MIS file to have the player in the lead aircraft and checked the Group option for Scramble. This cures the problem but for those unfamiliar with using the Mission Editor then the best method is to immediately throttle forwards and then fully back applying brakes at the same time.

I compared the edited version of the Royal Rodeo MIS file with the original MIS file but I cannot see how it records which aircarft the player is in (if the group has two or more ac) or how it records the type of start. Knowing that would save having to use the Editor and the MIS file could be altered using Notepad.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

What define what Aircraft player will use in mission this this line, in the first part of code:

[PARTS]
    core.100
    bob.100
    [MAIN]
    MAP Land$English_Channel_1940
    BattleArea 210000 190000 100000 100000 10000
    TIME 10.5
    WeatherIndex 2
    CloudsHeight 1500
    BreezeActivity 2
    ThermalActivity 2
    player BoB_RAF_F_54Sqn_Early.000 <<<<<<

"000" is the first plane of Squad, if instead you are the number 2 wingman will be

player BoB_RAF_F_54Sqn_Early.001 <<<<<<

10. Likes seabro liked this post