Thread: Let's all "Pitch In" and do "Our Bit".

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    13.04 MB

Let's all "Pitch In" and do "Our Bit".

Gentlemen,
    I just wrote a review on Steam about our new sim, and I'd like to appeal to all of you to do the same.

It's a big ask, I know- most of us hate writing reviews that will be read by the gaming public.
    But it's really very simple: These developers are going to have to rely on sales figures for COD and Desert Wings to generate the capital necessary for any kind of sequel to be considered- and I, for one, want to see those sequels become a reality-and I am confidant you do too.

Not long ago, I remember seeing a number of articles declaring the impending END of flight simulations as a genre. It seemed, so the argument went, that the demographic that were interested in, and willing to pay for, flight simulations was "dying out........................."

But they were wrong.

They were wrong because too many of us had fathers who flew in the war, or took us to airshows as boys, or helped teach us to read about airplanes and the men who flew them and the desperate battles they fought in. They were wrong because too many of us sat in movie theaters and watched "Battle of Britain," or sat at home and watched "12 O'Clock High," or built model airplanes as kids. They were wrong because they didn't take into consideration the fact that while many of us may indeed be "dying out" , we have no intention of doing so before we impart our love of history and aviation to children and grandchildren that have a LONG TIME to love the same things we did, thank you very much.

Just look at the genre today- tons of great and varied simulations -all better technically than anything we could have possibly imagined when we first started "simming" all those years ago-

This change didnt come about by accident. It came about because of us.

So, let's not be "selfish." Let's help spread the good news. Let's give others who might be interested- or interested in becoming interested- in the great work that TF has accomplished, a good word and give back to the Devs something in return for what they have given us.

Get up on Steam. Write a review. Recommend our sim. Make that next release a reality.

(This is probably a goood time for me to mention that I am in no way, shape or form affiliated with anyone but myself. )

Thank you! S!
    Last edited by chris455; Aug-15-2020 at 20:20.
    ASUS ROG Strix Helios GX601 PC
    Intel Z390 Chipset
    Intel 8-Core i9-9900K 3.6GHz
    Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 TI 11GB GDDR6
    2TB 7200RPM HDD
    1TB Solid State Drive
    64GB DDR4 2666 SDRAM
    850W PS
    Windows 10 Gaming Desktop

In honor of Arlie "Jack" Campbell, (1923-2006), United States Army Air Forces, WWII. Well done, Sir.

Veteran Combat pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    589.91 MB

Re: Let's all "Pitch In" and do "Our Bit".

Absolutely. Did mine yesterday and hoping for relatively massive sales for Desert Wings!

I do come across a lot of people who have a potential interest in flight sims, especially now that graphics are so realistic, and VR is here. I hope TF make VR support a priority for Desert Wings as it will double its appeal.

If you look at the forums concerned with the new Microsoft Flight Sim 2020 you will see many people who normally have no interest in flight sims are fascinated by it due to its real-world realism; the developers initially did not see VR support as a priority but the outcry in the forums convinced them otherwise and they have committed to introducing it later this year.

VR surely = twice as many sales!

3. Likes danperin, major_setback liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    13.04 MB

Quote Originally Posted by carbolicus View Post
    Absolutely. Did mine yesterday and hoping for relatively massive sales for Desert Wings!

I do come across a lot of people who have a potential interest in flight sims, especially now that graphics are so realistic, and VR is here. I hope TF make VR support a priority for Desert Wings as it will double its appeal.

If you look at the forums concerned with the new Microsoft Flight Sim 2020 you will see many people who normally have no interest in flight sims are fascinated by it due to its real-world realism; the developers initially did not see VR support as a priority but the outcry in the forums convinced them otherwise and they have committed to introducing it later this year.

VR surely = twice as many sales!
    Yes, I am going to add 2020 to my stable of sims and am also going to begin my VR career with the HP Reverb G2 when it co-releases with FS2020. Fun times!
    ASUS ROG Strix Helios GX601 PC
    Intel Z390 Chipset
    Intel 8-Core i9-9900K 3.6GHz
    Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 TI 11GB GDDR6
    2TB 7200RPM HDD
    1TB Solid State Drive
    64GB DDR4 2666 SDRAM
    850W PS
    Windows 10 Gaming Desktop

In honor of Arlie "Jack" Campbell, (1923-2006), United States Army Air Forces, WWII. Well done, Sir.

5. Likes danperin liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    180.32 MB

REVIEW DONE

SKUD
    i-9 11900KF@ 5.1 GHZ CPU Watercooled, 32GB Corsair vengeance@4133Mhz, ASUS ROG Maximus XIII Hero (WiFi 6E) Z590 , MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 3080Ti, 2 x 1Tb Samsung NVMe 980 Pro, 43" Gigabyte Aorus FV43U QLED 4K monitor, GVL 224 Ju 88 Big Throttle, BAUR BRD-DS with KG-13A control column, MFG Crosswind Rudders, GVL224 Ju88 Trim Wheel Box, GVL224 Ju 88 Switch Panel, Blackhog SB-2, SB AE-9, Audeze LCD-GX headset, TrackIR5, Buttkicker Simkit + Buttkicker Gamer2, 2 x DSD Flight Panel 2s

7. Likes DerDa, major_setback, danperin liked this post