Thread: Kittyhawk IAS

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    21.76 MB

Kittyhawk IAS

[SIZE=3]In the Kittyhawk, once over 200mph IAS on dial, the tooltip repeat you get by hovering the mouse over dial appears to be quite substantially different. The dial can be indicating 270 -280mph (needle is just sitting over the second zero of the 300mph marker) but the tooltip will only show 230-240mph. Cant be a case of dial showing IAS and tooltip giving TAS cos dial should be the IAS value therefore lower. And no matter how I move my head does not appear to be parallax error. Not seen it on any other plane so far, just the kittyhawk (ie tomahawk seems ok).
    Anyone one else seeing this? I know my eyesight is far from good but this seems quite strange to me. Pretty sure I am not misreading the dial (changes scale markers at 200)

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    320.64 MB

Re: Kittyhawk IAS

Quote Originally Posted by 56RAF_stickz View Post
    [SIZE=3]In the Kittyhawk, once over 200mph IAS on dial, the tooltip repeat you get by hovering the mouse over dial appears to be quite substantially different. The dial can be indicating 270 -280mph (needle is just sitting over the second zero of the 300mph marker) but the tooltip will only show 230-240mph. Cant be a case of dial showing IAS and tooltip giving TAS cos dial should be the IAS value therefore lower. And no matter how I move my head does not appear to be parallax error. Not seen it on any other plane so far, just the kittyhawk (ie tomahawk seems ok).
    Anyone one else seeing this? I know my eyesight is far from good but this seems quite strange to me. Pretty sure I am not misreading the dial (changes scale markers at 200)
    We will look at the speedo and see if it is reading high.

Tooltip should be accurate.