Thread: Australian forces

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    21.76 MB

Australian forces

Is there a reason there is no Australian army selection in the FMB (sure your SE neighbours find it funny)? Pattle and Buzz upset your guys so revenge was exacted

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    328.74 MB

Re: Australian forces

Haha, just not the highest on the priority list. We have no quams. Most of the time the Aussies would have been flying with the Brits anyway, I'm not sure how many of our squadrons would have been sent over there, especially with limited resources and aircraft as it was.

If you like, you can always try and create some historic RAAF schemes, not too hard to do, just download GIMP and give it a crack, just takes some time if you want a high quality skin

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    78.89 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_TCP View Post
    Haha, just not the highest on the priority list. We have no quams. Most of the time the Aussies would have been flying with the Brits anyway, I'm not sure how many of our squadrons would have been sent over there, especially with limited resources and aircraft as it was.

If you like, you can always try and create some historic RAAF schemes, not too hard to do, just download GIMP and give it a crack, just takes some time if you want a high quality skin
    450, 451 and No 3 squadrons just to name a few flying Hurricanes and Kitty/Tommahawks, OH and the whole Australian 9th Division who fought up the coast and took Bardia and Tobruk followed by the famous siege of Tobruk where they were named the ‘Rats of Tobruk’ by Rommel.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    320.64 MB

Quote Originally Posted by 56RAF_stickz View Post
    Is there a reason there is no Australian army selection in the FMB (sure your SE neighbours find it funny)? Pattle and Buzz upset your guys so revenge was exacted
    Hello Stickz

There are Australian Squadrons in the game.

For example, if you select United Kingdom, (Fighters) (Desert), No. 6 Squadron is Australian.

It is not labeled correctly.... this will be corrected.

Call letters are correct.

5. Likes ATAG_Flare, 56RAF_stickz, ATAG_TCP liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    383.91 MB

I think it's fine to keep Canadian, South African, Aussie, etc squadrons under the Great Britain army tag in CloD - the squadrons are labelled and available which is good.

Manual Creation Group ATAG_Ezzie's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    115.2 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Dingo View Post
    450, 451 and No 3 squadrons just to name a few flying Hurricanes and Kitty/Tommahawks, OH and the whole Australian 9th Division who fought up the coast and took Bardia and Tobruk followed by the famous siege of Tobruk where they were named the ‘Rats of Tobruk’ by Rommel.
    Shameless plug - if you want to fly 3 Sqn Gladiator missions there's a SP campaign that covers the period Nov 1940 to Jan 1941.

Cybermat did a 3 Sqn SP campaign flying Tomahawks as well and i might do a follow-on to my Gladiator campaign (flying Tomahawks) when i can face opening up the FMB again..

8. Likes ATAG_Pattle, 56RAF_stickz liked this post
    Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    21.76 MB

Quote Originally Posted by RAF74_Buzzsaw View Post
    Hello Stickz

There are Australian Squadrons in the game.

For example, if you select United Kingdom, (Fighters) (Desert), No. 6 Squadron is Australian.

It is not labeled correctly.... this will be corrected.

Call letters are correct.
    Yes buzz, I did realise that 3 sqdn who we passed (fobbed) our gauntlets onto (ha ha what you get for beating us at cricket and whats that odd game with the squashed ball called) so Australian squadrons could be used. But I actually meant in the FMB there is no Australian army selection for actual Armies tag. Same place where the SA oddly default to blue side (although that can be altered).
    It just seemed odd not having them as a selection, as they were one of the first commonwealth ground troops to be there (maybe the Indians beat them). I was trying to write a 1940 mission and noticed it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    712.59 MB

If you want any custom skins made then just put suggestions (pictures/photos/profile drawings) in the Skin Suggestion Thread.
    BTW Sorry, but I won't search for photo/picture references myself, you'll have to do it:

https://theairtacticalassaultgroup.c...ad.php?t=33562

Also - There are some Australian pilot's aircraft skins in the game. Search among the Tomahawk and Kittyhawk skins.

Jack Bartle's Tomahawk:
    TFS Tomahawk kangaroo K a03s01 z.jpg TFS Tomahawk kangaroo K a03s z.jpg

Clive Caldwell, Tomahawk:
    TFS Tomahawk Caldwell a05s01 z.jpg

Kittyhawk. Caldwell, again!
    P40E default a030s07 z.jpg

No. 3 squadron RAAF. Flt sgt Lloyd 'Danny' Boardman.
    P40E default a049s.jpg P40E default a049s01.jpg

No. 3 squadron RAAF. Sqn Ldr Bobby Gibbes:
    P40E default a048s0.jpg

Cheers
    Last edited by major_setback; Aug-23-2020 at 09:47.
    http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2673&dateline=1390351127

Principle skinner

11. Likes ATAG_Ezzie, ATAG_TCP liked this post