Thread: 109E stall/spin recovery techniques

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    406.29 MB

109E stall/spin recovery techniques

MODERATOR EDIT: Excellent video by Farber on stall/spin recovery in 109E copied and "sticked" from another thread:

Re: 109 pulls off remarkable flick recovery

In this video you can see how to do that:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hZaa...ature=youtu.be
    Black 1
    Rudolf Farber
    Staffelkapitдn

www.5jg27.net/

HP Omen Laptop 15, AMD Ryzen 5 5600H 16 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6 GB VRAM Win 11 64 bit 22H2 (KB5020044), Nvidia GeForce Driver ver 527.56, TrackIR 5, Gear Falcon Trim Box, Gear Falcon Throttle Quadrant, TM16000 joystick, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Quadrant, Saitek Pro Combat rudder pedals
    VR: None
    Installation path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz

Veteran Combat pilot LG1.Farber's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Re: 109E stall/spin recovery techniques

LoL Snapper its not that good.

I made a whole Bf109 basic tutorial play list here:

I made them for any "straight out of the box" guys that joined us but I kept them public so anyone in the community could use them. I think it is important to encourage and help others into the sim especially as there is no help unless you look for it.

Some more advanced stuff we do also:

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list...eature=mh_lolz

Im trying to beef up the tactics play list at the moment:

Last edited by LG1.Farber; Feb-18-2013 at 12:27.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    406.29 MB

This is really good stuff. More and more it seems like we're getting noobie players coming on to chat that are extremely frustrated at the most basic things. Engine won't start (fuel cock not on). Plane won't lift off the runway at full throttle (pitch not on Fine). Engine blows up soon after wheels up (rad not open). Plane keeps rolling left (trim? Whazzat? LOL). Can't find enemy planes. (Fly straight 'n level. They will find YOU! ) etc etc

After immediate advice we suggest they get Teamspeak, come to this forum, fly with us for a bit, etc. Videos like yours, Oersted's, and other fellow forum members are invaluable for new players. Personally, I spent many hours offline learning my aircraft before venturing online, but lots of new players bypass that aspect. Whatever we can do, like these videos you've made, to get new players up and flying can only help the game. Experienced players like many of us can certainly benefit from others' techniques, too. It's all good.

HP Omen Laptop 15, AMD Ryzen 5 5600H 16 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6 GB VRAM Win 11 64 bit 22H2 (KB5020044), Nvidia GeForce Driver ver 527.56, TrackIR 5, Gear Falcon Trim Box, Gear Falcon Throttle Quadrant, TM16000 joystick, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Quadrant, Saitek Pro Combat rudder pedals
    VR: None
    Installation path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Yes Snapper you are quite right. I learn things myself just making the videos.

For all the arguing we do on forums sometimes it is still important to remember that without each other we wouldn't have anything, just like with out new guys turning up we wouldn't have combat flight sims online. Combat flight sim'ing is what we make it. There are some really great guys in the community making great tutorial vids! Just like Team Fusion making the mod!

S!

Supporting Member 9./JG52 Ziegler's Avatar
    Coast of Maine - Halfway between the equator and the North Pole
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

I am a noob to the game/sim (maybe two weeks). I do have a private pilots licence in real life so I am some what familiar with the planes. I can see where CloD would frustrate some people because you really have to do some homework to get the planes off the ground and even then some like the Ju87 are easier to fly but pretty touchy/tender in the motor department. Personally I love the fact that it's not easy. There are plenty of arcade like games around for those folks. It took me a while I'll admit, at first to realize that I had to hold the prop pitch on the 109 until it spooled around the clock. I had a few sluggish takeoff moments in the beginning but could at least recognise what it was. I practiced my takeoffs and landings until I was relatively proficient and then ventured online here. For me Farbers video's are golden. Just having some tactics before my track IR comes in (tomorrow) is invaluable to having any chance of surviving an encounter with a spit. For me the hardest thing is hanging onto a contact when it's trying to shoot you down and using the blasted hat switch! It's all about practice with the manuvers and those vids of Farber's (especially the Hi YoYo) have kept me alive when I shouldn't have had a chance. Thanks for that Farber and thanks to everyone who has made me feel welcome and helped me out.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Wow thanks Zodiac.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

I like your video's as well, very interesting too watch. Got alot to learn

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by 5./JG27Farber View Post
    LoL Snapper its not that good.

I made a whole Bf109 basic tutorial play list here:

I made them for any "straight out of the box" guys that joined us but I kept them public so anyone in the community could use them. I think it is important to encourage and help others into the sim especially as there is no help unless you look for it.

Some more advanced stuff we do also:

Im trying to beef up the tactics play list at the moment:

Hey Farber

i watch all of your vids and read all of your posts, are you ever on teamspeak to discus tactics?
    maybe i can pick your brain and possibly give u some of the tactics i have found to work for me in such things as the G50 for your next tutorial vid

S~ rollingstoned

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Farber is frequently on the TS in my sig RS, and he's a good guy to talk to about this because he's always in a spin

........that was a joke Farber.......