Thread: Wellington Series Bomb bug - only one bomb dropped

Ace
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    130.02 MB

Wellington Series Bomb bug - only one bomb dropped

Here is a bug I noted with the Wellington Ic/Trop Late. I would assume it probably applies to all Wellingtons, but I haven't tested.

The issue is, when dropping bombs using "Series" only one bomb drops. The remainder will not drop even if subsequently switched to Single or Salvo.

Procecure:

1. Wellington Ic/Trop Late. I tested in a multiplayer server
    2. Loadout: 18xGP Bomb, 250 lb, Mark IV
    3. Airspawn, open bombay doors
    4. Select "Salvo", drop bombs, 18 bombs drop as expected
    5. Restart with new aircraft, select "Single", can drop 18 bombs as expected.
    6. Restart with new plane, select "Series". Select any amount in the series (infinite, 1, 2, 3, ... 18). Note that selecting the series timing/delay seems impossible, which might be related to this problem. Press "Release Bombs" and one bomb (only) drops. After that, no further bombs will drop on any setting.

Suggestion for now would be to avoid the "Series" setting for dropping bombs using Wellingtons.
    System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64 bit, 10.0.18362 N/A Build 18362, 20,437 MB |
    ASUS GeForce GTX 1060 3GB | Intel Core i5-2500 Quad-Core Processor 3.3 GHz 6 MB Cache LGA 1155 | Intel DB65AL motherboard | ARCTIC Freezer i11 CPU Cooler | SVGA 500 watt power supply | Microsoft Sidewinder 2 Force Feedback joystick

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    320.64 MB

Re: Wellington Series Bomb bug - only one bomb dropped

Did you try this in Singleplayer to see if you get the same result?

Quote Originally Posted by TWC_Flug View Post
    Here is a bug I noted with the Wellington Ic/Trop Late. I would assume it probably applies to all Wellingtons, but I haven't tested.

The issue is, when dropping bombs using "Series" only one bomb drops. The remainder will not drop even if subsequently switched to Single or Salvo.

Procecure:

1. Wellington Ic/Trop Late. I tested in a multiplayer server
    2. Loadout: 18xGP Bomb, 250 lb, Mark IV
    3. Airspawn, open bombay doors
    4. Select "Salvo", drop bombs, 18 bombs drop as expected
    5. Restart with new aircraft, select "Single", can drop 18 bombs as expected.
    6. Restart with new plane, select "Series". Select any amount in the series (infinite, 1, 2, 3, ... 18). Note that selecting the series timing/delay seems impossible, which might be related to this problem. Press "Release Bombs" and one bomb (only) drops. After that, no further bombs will drop on any setting.

Suggestion for now would be to avoid the "Series" setting for dropping bombs using Wellingtons.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

Tiger Moth 1940 have similar bug, only one bom drop, after a big delay. OK that no one care about this plane and their (small) bombs.

In QM, Single Missions Ju 88 have a 7 seconds delay for bombs start to fall after the button/key pressed.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    320.64 MB

Quote Originally Posted by 1lokos View Post
    Tiger Moth 1940 have similar bug, only one bom drop, after a big delay. OK that no one care about this plane and their (small) bombs.

In QM, Single Missions Ju 88 have a 7 seconds delay for bombs start to fall after the button/key pressed.
    Yes, we are aware of these issues and are working on them.

Unfortunately 1C Steam Coordinator is away on vacation and we will not see a patch till approx. September 1st or 2nd.

Ace
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    130.02 MB

Quote Originally Posted by RAF74_Buzzsaw View Post
    Did you try this in Singleplayer to see if you get the same result?
    Yes, it's the same in Singleplayer (at least in 1C/Trop).

Thanks!
    System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64 bit, 10.0.18362 N/A Build 18362, 20,437 MB |
    ASUS GeForce GTX 1060 3GB | Intel Core i5-2500 Quad-Core Processor 3.3 GHz 6 MB Cache LGA 1155 | Intel DB65AL motherboard | ARCTIC Freezer i11 CPU Cooler | SVGA 500 watt power supply | Microsoft Sidewinder 2 Force Feedback joystick

Ace
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    130.02 MB

Hmm, there seems to be another problem with the Wellington. If you place it in an FMB scenario, load it with bombs as usual, and set a course for it with "Attack Ground Target" it flies the course, lines up on the target, but the bomb bay doors never open and the bombs never drop.

I tried with both 18X250lb and 9X500lb loadouts.

I tried it with a couple of different variants. I didn't test it too extensively--just by entering the flight in FMB and they flying it from there. But just mentioning it here because it might be related to the same problem.

UPDATE: See below. But not dropping at all I believe is because they just didn't see the target. Replacing them with Blenheims, the pilots saw the targets, attacked & dropped. The Welly pilots just didn't see it or react. Perhaps because their visibility is more limited.

But, in multiplayer scenarios, when the Welly does drop bombs, only one bomb drops of the 18 or 9 selected. So this is just like the bug the players experience.
    Last edited by TWC_Flug; Aug-29-2020 at 18:35.

Manual Creation Group ATAG_Ezzie's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    115.2 KB

Quote Originally Posted by TWC_Flug View Post
    Hmm, there seems to be another problem with the Wellington. If you place it in an FMB scenario, load it with bombs as usual, and set a course for it with "Attack Ground Target" it flies the course, lines up on the target, but the bomb bay doors never open and the bombs never drop.

I tried with both 18X250lb and 9X500lb loadouts.

I tried it with a couple of different variants. I didn't test it too extensively--just by entering the flight in FMB and they flying it from there. But just mentioning it here because it might be related to the same problem.
    Hi Flug - thanks for the bug report.

I built 'The Blue Wellington Campaign' and at the time i finished it the Wellies were dropping bombs as per normal. I think i may have chosen area targets though (cant recall exactly)

I prob wont be able to get to the game until the weekend but in the meantime if you had a few spare minutes it might be useful if you watched one of the missions in this campaign to see what the Wellies do in it. No probs if you dont have time / interest.

Thanks

Ezzie

Ace
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    130.02 MB

UPDATE to AI Wellington bomb drop bug.

I did finally get the AI Wellingtons to open their bombays and drop bombs.

But . . . when set to 9x500, 9x250, or 18x250 pound bomb loads, only one bomb drops!

So that is the same bug players have, where if set on series mode, only one bomb drops and the rest hang.

This applies to 1C models - the 1A drops all bombs OK.

But . . . this brings up a different but possibly related bug I just reported to the Bug Tracker: https://www.tfbt.nuvturais.de/issues/1247

The AI Welly 1A drops its bombs in series mode but the delay on the series is set to maybe 100 meters or maybe 200? Anyway, if you are dropping say 18x250lb bombs they drop so, so slow as to be useless.

Could this be switched to salvo mode for AI bombers instead? Or maybe 10 meter delay in the series set instead of >100 meters?

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    21.76 MB

Thats odd because I have a mission setup to test a script, have 6 wellies 1c trop all AI (no player) and they drop 9x500 and 18x250 (didnt realise there was a 9x250 although I seem to remember thinking there were 2 lists for 9x500) on an airfield. All bombs drop every time for me for the week Ive been struggling to get script going. And I was using the bomb doors opening to slow time back to normal.