Thread: Trying NOT to be a wet blanket but..

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Combat pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    186.71 MB

Trying NOT to be a wet blanket but..

I love this sim, I really do. I want it to succeed so that it can continue to grow. I love the new stuff and some of the core/base issue fixed or improved upon as well but..

..given the length of time Tobruk was in development I do have to question some of the issues that remain. I just flew the single mission 'Aerial Battle - Dover' and still see SEVERAL of the issues that takes away from this sim. In no particular order:

1. Mirrors still continue to be an issue
    2. Knocked the tail fin off a 109 and it just floated there - stuck in the sky for the duration of the battle.
    3. Friendly AI riding the tail of a Ju 88 and blazing away while closing the distance and scoring very few (if any hits). Finally the AI spent all of its ammunition and broke off.
    4. Ju 88 bombers dive bombing but dropping bombs while in a half roll and bombs being thrown all over the place.
    5. If I switch to view another bomber the sounds for the 'new' bomber are either gone or an endless creaking.
    6. One Hurricane attacking several bombers by itself and closing didn't appear to get hit by any return fire.
    7. Tab 5-4 to get my flight of Spits to go after the bombers and they continue to go after the fighters.

Flew another (can't remember which) but after the Blenheim's dropped their bombs and headed back to England the AI bombers were bouncing all over the sky instead of flying level.

Hope this doesn't sound like nitpicking but after 2+ years I was hoping some of this basic/core issues would be fixed. Just a bit disappointed is all.
    Last edited by SamJoDo; Aug-24-2020 at 15:55.

2. Likes Fred Karno, 1lokos liked this post