Thread: inertial starter sound

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    139.2 KB

inertial starter sound

hi folks

as I was testing new planes in Tobruk I couldn't help but to notice that starting german engines was awfully quiet. there is not the sound of the inertial starter that provide the energy to start the engine, just a deep silence.
    I tested in a 109F and a 110c, no matter if the canopy is open you are just there waiting for the propeller to move a bit after a moment of silence.

As I was on the TF server, I cannot say if this happens also on external view, nor if it has been reporteb before. but if there is a reason or a workaround, could someone point it out for me?

thanks guys

Supporting Member 9./JG52 Jamz Dackel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    4.0 KB

Re: inertial starter sound

You're right..

Its nothing like it is in Cliffs.. Im guessing its something they will get around to making good..
    https://ibb.co/vqQKb5H

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    45.82 MB

I had the same problem (no sound with inertial starter on 109 F)

I recently pluged my headphones into the jack on the front panel of my computer.
    Unfortunately, I realized that the volume of my headphones varied automatically depending on the sound level of the game.
    I noticed this effect when flying a plane around me with outside fly view (F3) in Cliffs Of Dover.

When the plane gets closer and the engine noise gets louder, the volume would drop automatically and vice versa when the plane goes away ...
    I couldn't hear the cannon on 109 F4 and other stuff like that.

Then I noticed that this automatic volume adjustment was also present on youtube videos, something that does not happen with my second Linux PC...
    Finally, I note that this auto level volume is also done on Teamspeak ...

So I looked for where this auto level comes from in order to remove it and after having struggled with a bunch of solutions that did not work, I finally found the cause and the solution:

The cause:
    The auto volume level seems to be a function of the integrated Reatek Audio system or its driver, I haven't found any option to disable this function in the Asus interface...

The solution:
    1- Go to "Control Panel"> "Systems and Security" -> "System" -> "Advanced System Settings" -> "Hardware" tab. Click “Device installation settings” and choose “No (your device might not work as expected)” to prevent Windows from automatically downloading device drivers.

2- Go to "Device Manager" -> deploy "Audio, video and game controllers" -> Right click on "Realtek HD audio device" and choose "Disable".

3- Right click again on "Realtek HD Audio Device" and this time choose "Update Driver".

A warning will appear with options to "automatically search for driver online", "search on disk or select from a list". Choose "search on disk" then "select from a list". A list will appear containing the Realtek driver and the Microsoft generic driver. Select the Microsoft driver (high definition audio device) and OK. You will receive a compatibility warning but ignore it.

4- Restart (the Realtek driver should no longer be present in the taskbar at the bottom right) and your sound should no longer vary automatically ...

I now have a perfect sound in IL2 CLoD Blitz/ DW Tobruk, i can hear 109 F4 canon and everything else.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    45.82 MB

I had the same problem (no sound with inertial starter on 109 F)
    I recently pluged my headphones into the jack on the front panel of my computer.
    Unfortunately, I realized that the volume of my headphones varied automatically depending on the sound level of the game.
    I noticed this effect when flying a plane around me with outside fly view (F3) in Cliffs Of Dover.

When the plane gets closer and the engine noise gets louder, the volume would drop automatically and vice versa when the plane goes away ...
    I couldn't hear the cannon on 109 F4 and other stuff like that.

Then I noticed that this automatic volume adjustment was also present on youtube videos, something that does not happen with my second Linux PC...
    Finally, I note that this auto level volume is also done on Teamspeak ...

So I looked for where this auto level comes from in order to remove it and after having struggled with a bunch of solutions that did not work, I finally found the cause and the solution:

The cause:
    The auto volume level seems to be a function of the integrated Reatek Audio system or its driver, I haven't found any option to disable this function in the Asus interface...

The solution:
    1- Go to "Control Panel"> "Systems and Security" -> "System" -> "Advanced System Settings" -> "Hardware" tab. Click “Device installation settings” and choose “No (your device might not work as expected)” to prevent Windows from automatically downloading device drivers.

2- Go to "Device Manager" -> deploy "Audio, video and game controllers" -> Right click on "Realtek HD audio device" and choose "Disable".

3- Right click again on "Realtek HD Audio Device" and this time choose "Update Driver".

A warning will appear with options to "automatically search for driver online", "search on disk or select from a list". Choose "search on disk" then "select from a list". A list will appear containing the Realtek driver and the Microsoft generic driver. Select the Microsoft driver (high definition audio device) and OK. You will receive a compatibility warning but ignore it.

4- Restart (the Realtek driver should no longer be present in the taskbar at the bottom right) and your sound should no longer vary automatically ...

I now have a perfect sound in IL2 CLoD Blitz/ DW Tobruk, i can hear 109 F4 canon and everything else.

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    139.2 KB

I narrowed it down to the sound not being audible from the cockpit. external view let us ear the inertial starter, but nothing once seated even with the canopy open.

and this is also the case for airplanes from blitz, no only the one brought in by Desert Wing so it is properly a bug.

if anybody has a workaround, I will be happy to hear it. if not I will patiently wait for this bug to be solved then

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    180.32 MB

The Ju 88 needs an inertial starter sound. Please change from the existing sound. It should sound reasonably close to the 109.
    Thanks

skud
    i-9 11900KF@ 5.1 GHZ CPU Watercooled, 32GB Corsair vengeance@4133Mhz, ASUS ROG Maximus XIII Hero (WiFi 6E) Z590 , MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 3080Ti, 2 x 1Tb Samsung NVMe 980 Pro, 43" Gigabyte Aorus FV43U QLED 4K monitor, GVL 224 Ju 88 Big Throttle, BAUR BRD-DS with KG-13A control column, MFG Crosswind Rudders, GVL224 Ju88 Trim Wheel Box, GVL224 Ju 88 Switch Panel, Blackhog SB-2, SB AE-9, Audeze LCD-GX headset, TrackIR5, Buttkicker Simkit + Buttkicker Gamer2, 2 x DSD Flight Panel 2s