282.61 MB

Re: Yo-Yo's SP FMB guide for beginners

Hi Yo-Yo (not YoYo)

Thanks for the reply #58 and #59

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1,002.26 MB

Sorry anyone remembers what is the combination of keys to be used to rotate an object from verical to horizontal position?
    Visit the Robert Mölders Facebook Group ( Left-click on the red link on the left to open the relative page! )
    Visit the Robert Mölders YouTube Channel ( Left-click on the red link on the left to open the relative page! )
    *Important Note: You can also open the Robert Mölders Facebook Group page by clicking directly on my signature image

My PC specs
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit ~ Intel Core i7-7700K 4.2GHz 8MB Cache Quad core
    ASUS ROG STRIX Z270H GAMING Motherboard, Socket 1151 ATX, Dual M.2, USB 3.1 Type-C ~ MSI GeForce GTX 1080 TI Gaming X 11G Graphic Card PCIE 3.0, 11 GB, GDDR5X 352 bit, 11.01 GHz, 1569 MHz
    Samsung MZ-V6E250BW SSD 960 EVO, 250 GB, M.2, NVMe ~ Western Digital WD Caviar Blue 2TB 64MB Cache, WD20EZRZ (64MB Cache) ~ Enermax Liqmax II 240 (ELC-LMR240S-BS)
    Corsair CMK16GX4M2B3000C15 Vengeance LPX RAM 16 GB, 2x8 GB, DDR4, 3000 MHz, CL15 ~ EVGA SuperNOVA GQ PSU 750W ~ NZXT CA-N450W-M1 Case for Gaming PC, Black
    LG 49UK6200PLA TV 49" 4K UltraHD, IPS Display, 4096 x 2160, Active HDR, Multitasking ~ LG 27UD68P Monitor 27" 4K UltraHD LED IPS, 3840 x 2160, AMD FreeSync, Multitasking
    Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS Joystick ~ Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle ~ Thrustmaster TFRP Pedals

Manual Creation Group
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    230.81 MB

Quote Originally Posted by 1lokos View Post
    Josef

May you can help me with this.

I want play a sound file when mission start.
    Have tried with "SayToGroup" (what play audio .OGG samples of Speech folder), no joy, this can be used only if player aircraft start, what don't fit in my plan.

I find reference in 1C forum CloD to use System.Media SoudPlayer, but have no idea how put this in script. Any tip?

Spoiler: 

>Kodiak
    Another possibility should be the Soundplayer integrated in System.Media.
    For singleplayer missions it should work.

>bolox

May be there is a way to create own ogg files for this, but not tested it at the moment.
    Would open up some nice possibilities if can be done
    Desastersoft seems to have added 8 sound files for their demo (hidden away in //...steamapps/.../desastersoft/wick vs dundas/sound

Back in time Salmo post a script for start a Online Radio, I guess using the SoundPlayer, but their scripts went... MIA.

https://theairtacticalassaultgroup.c...ighlight=radio
    Hi 1lokos,

I'm sorry but I have no experience with those .ogg sound files. My only experience with them was when I was translating their names. I tried to play some of them to understand what they really say. Some of them say something different than what their names suggest. I found out what you had already mentioned here - some of those .ogg files are corrupted or empty. All those with a very small size. I guess the original developers left them unfinished.

I apologize but I don't know how to play sound files from inside a script.

I would try to ask someone who can see the game code. It must be somewhere there.

Josef

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

Quote Originally Posted by Erpr.Gr.210_Belial View Post
    Sorry anyone remembers what is the combination of keys to be used to rotate an object from verical to horizontal position?
    Never see reference to this possibilite, only turn object around in 15, 5 and 1 degree (the last require assign keys), and for (some) static objects adjust their height.

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    22.61 MB

I've put version 1.5 up, this hopefully more accurately covers the steps for making a campaign from individual missions and displaying information on the various screens involved. I cursed this sim something chronic when I was trying to distinguish between the two battle intro screens, finally managed it though. There's one or two other changes in there, but no additional scripting examples sorry

I'll be applying the campaign constructing method I've listed here on my own missions I've got together, then if it all is ok will try and get my 'full' campaign tested, done and out. Then maybe I'll look to learn more of the coding side of things and add that in to the guide. I've finalised this last version after a couple of beers so there may be mistakes in it, and the release of the next version will depend on how long it takes to make the rest of my missions for my campaign, (and possibly some real world things).
    I am Yo-Yo not YoYo (that's someone else)

6. Likes von Graf liked this post
    Manual Creation Group fenbeiduo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    282.61 MB

Marked v1.5
    Thanks to Yo-Yo

Just a note to this v1.5 'how to campaign briefing'

If you write briefing directly using .briefing file. (because some changes can be made effectively with notepad)

First, your '2nd page' in the .briefing file would like:
    Code:
    [X]         // 'X' can be any other words you like but it won't change the upper-left corner title in the game
    <Name>
    Y         //it can be any other words , it can be 'X' as above
    <Description>
    To show the 2nd 'Battle Intro' page, you need to make sure there is a Briefing line in .mis file player's air group section, i.e.:
    Code:
    [RAF_xxxSqn.01]   //player's air group section
      Flight0  1 2 3
      Class :yyy   //type of plane
      Formation FINGERFOUR
      CallSign 26
      Fuel 21
      Weapons 1 1
      SetOnPark 1
      Skill 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1
      Aging 46
      Briefing X   // 'X' or whatever it is, just make sure it as same as the name in the .briefing file(shown above)
    Then there is nothing you have to do in the FMB.
    Last edited by fenbeiduo; Oct-03-2020 at 08:28.

8. Likes 1lokos liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1,002.26 MB

Quote Originally Posted by 1lokos View Post
    Never see reference to this possibilite, only turn object around in 15, 5 and 1 degree (the last require assign keys), and for (some) static objects adjust their height.
    Yep certain objects can be rotated horizontally ( For example the new ruler object ) but I forgot how to do it....damned age...
    Visit the Robert Mölders Facebook Group ( Left-click on the red link on the left to open the relative page! )
    Visit the Robert Mölders YouTube Channel ( Left-click on the red link on the left to open the relative page! )
    *Important Note: You can also open the Robert Mölders Facebook Group page by clicking directly on my signature image

My PC specs
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit ~ Intel Core i7-7700K 4.2GHz 8MB Cache Quad core
    ASUS ROG STRIX Z270H GAMING Motherboard, Socket 1151 ATX, Dual M.2, USB 3.1 Type-C ~ MSI GeForce GTX 1080 TI Gaming X 11G Graphic Card PCIE 3.0, 11 GB, GDDR5X 352 bit, 11.01 GHz, 1569 MHz
    Samsung MZ-V6E250BW SSD 960 EVO, 250 GB, M.2, NVMe ~ Western Digital WD Caviar Blue 2TB 64MB Cache, WD20EZRZ (64MB Cache) ~ Enermax Liqmax II 240 (ELC-LMR240S-BS)
    Corsair CMK16GX4M2B3000C15 Vengeance LPX RAM 16 GB, 2x8 GB, DDR4, 3000 MHz, CL15 ~ EVGA SuperNOVA GQ PSU 750W ~ NZXT CA-N450W-M1 Case for Gaming PC, Black
    LG 49UK6200PLA TV 49" 4K UltraHD, IPS Display, 4096 x 2160, Active HDR, Multitasking ~ LG 27UD68P Monitor 27" 4K UltraHD LED IPS, 3840 x 2160, AMD FreeSync, Multitasking
    Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS Joystick ~ Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle ~ Thrustmaster TFRP Pedals

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    22.61 MB

Quote Originally Posted by fenbeiduo View Post
    Marked v1.5
    Thanks to Yo-Yo

Just a note to this v1.5 'how to campaign briefing'

If you write briefing directly using .briefing file. (because some changes can be made effectively with notepad)

First, your '2nd page' in the .briefing file would like:
    Code:
    [X]         // 'X' can be any other words you like but it won't change the upper-left corner title in the game
    <Name>
    Y         //it can be any other words , it can be 'X' as above
    <Description>
    To show the 2nd 'Battle Intro' page, you need to make sure there is a Briefing line in .mis file player's air group section, i.e.:
    Code:
    [RAF_xxxSqn.01]   //player's air group section
      Flight0  1 2 3
      Class :yyy   //type of plane
      Formation FINGERFOUR
      CallSign 26
      Fuel 21
      Weapons 1 1
      SetOnPark 1
      Skill 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1
      Aging 46
      Briefing X   // 'X' or whatever it is, just make sure it as same as the name in the .briefing file(shown above)
    Then there is nothing you have to do in the FMB.
    And how is the first battle intro page defined, by using [INTRO]? Is that right?

Manual Creation Group fenbeiduo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    282.61 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Yo-Yo View Post
    And how is the first battle intro page defined, by using [INTRO]? Is that right?
    Yes, it would be [INTRO] in most/defalut cases I think.

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    22.61 MB

I'll be removing this file from drop box in the new year, (along with the incomplete campaign I was working on thast uses some of the code and which I posted in another thread), so if you want to grab a copy of the guide and provide it in another thread (and maybe unsticky this thread so it can drop to the depths) then do so in the next couple of days.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    213.59 MB

Hi,

Can somebody upload Yo-Yo's SP FMB Guide?

Thank you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    2.82 GB

Quote Originally Posted by Maru View Post
    Hi,

Can somebody upload Yo-Yo's SP FMB Guide?

Thank you.
    https://www.mediafire.com/file/o02vr...nners.pdf/file

15. Likes Maru liked this post
    Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    22.61 MB

Hi,

The link in the original post is now a live link for a version 1.6.

After some time away I came back to CloD and amusingly needed this guide to remember how to do stuff, so it does still have some value.

I've updated:

- the comment reference that is needed to convert your single mission script to a campaign mission as I think that must have changed since I was away
    - the width of the column on the wind directions table that was clipping the values
    - the bit about the campaign.ini determining which mission is next.

The first and third were the only critically wrong or unclear things that I really had to dig around for answers elsewhere, so it should still server as a virtually single resource for beginners wanting to make basic scripted missions.

I've made some progress on learning C# and using it in CLoD so if I find anything useful I may add in some more examples and update the version. I mean there definitely are at least three things I've learnt recently, but I need the spare time to update this guide properly.
    Last edited by Yo-Yo; Feb-28-2023 at 17:54.

17. Likes zzzxxxxzzz, Sleepy_Fly, Little Bill liked this post
    Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    22.61 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Erpr.Gr.210_Mölders View Post
    I know this is old but answering because I am here and it may be of use for others.

You might mean Up arrow/8 on the keypad. It can turn a british barrel from veritcal to horizontal.

Then needs the z position to be modified so it is not sunk in the ground. Also if you change it's rotation again it resets to vertical. So always need to flip it as the last thing when setting up it seems.

19. Likes Dauntless, 1lokos liked this post
    Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    22.61 MB

NB. I don't think the way in my guide to set up a campaign works on the current version of Clod, the game doesn't seem to see anything in the user docs mission campaign custom location, but this might be that I simply made a mistake in trying to set up the recent camapign I put together (hours and hours of work!). If I find out how to get it working and it is a new preocess I will add it in.

Team Fusion
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    3.94 GB

NB. I don't think the way in my guide to set up a campaign works on the current version of Clod, the game doesn't seem to see anything in the user docs mission campaign custom location, but this might be that I simply made a mistake in trying to set up the recent camapign I put together (hours and hours of work!). If I find out how to get it working and it is a new preocess I will add it in.
    Have you added the requisite 4 lines to the campaign[s].ini file in the folder holding the custom campaign directory? I assume based on another post I saw you make that you are copying the campaign into the folder structure in Documents and not under Steam. I am away from my PC right now and can post more detailed instructions later today if this didn’t help.
    Lenny
    Desktop - Alienware R10, AMD Ryzen 9 5950X, 64Gb DDR4-3400Mhz OC 3734Mhz, Dell RTX 3090 24Gb (512.15), Dell 3221QS (4K @ 60Hz), Win 11 (22000.567), C Drive Steam default, Reverb G2, WMR SteamVR beta - 100% (3160x3088), TM Warthog Throttle/Stick, TM T-Rudder, TM MFDx2, Razer Tartarus Pro
    Laptop - Dell G7 7590, Intel i7-8750H, 64Gb DDR-2666Mhz, GPU0 Intel UHD 630 1Gb GPU1 Dell RTX 2060 6Gb (512.15), BenQ EX3203R (3K @ 60Hz), Win 11 (22000.567), C drive Steam default, Samsung Odyssey+, WMR SteamVR beta - 100% (1440x1796), TM T16000M, TM TWCS

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    22.61 MB

Yes, I'll run through the process again though.

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    22.61 MB

OK, I think I have it working, I think I had a blank description where one was needed and a typo in the poster file name. Fingers crossed should be all ok.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    319.97 MB

The location and the content of the necessary files for custom campaigns is explained in detail in the Mission Bulder's Manual, Chapter VIII, page 11.

25. Likes Yo-Yo liked this post
    Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    22.61 MB

I've updated the version with a small but crucial inclusion: there is now a brief note on how to add the custom campaign to the camaigns.ini files the campaign can actually be selected from the list in game.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    460.85 MB

I hope this guide shows how the basic steps can fit together and make some missions that have variety and are entertaining, if it can help just one person over the initial wall they face to starting learning and writing missions then it will be mission acomplished in the first part; ideally though I'd of course like to have some more SP missions to play!
    Thank you sir very, very much. I am interested in creating a short campaign in the meaning of to enjoy this marvelous game as much as I possibly can. I tried to understand how to write the certain files for the user made campaign, but I did not quite get the exact answers to my questions from the Mission Builder Guide even though as fine as it is. But from you instructions I found specific instruction with examples for how to write the campaigne files. I will spend some time with it during the next coming days.

Now I know what I am supposed to accomplish. Next I shall find out if I get on with it or not.

Kindest regards
    Salute!
    Always at your service....and always in your crosshairs,
    I remain
    ATAG_Walstein

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123