Thread: Cliffs of Dover gameplay video and YouTube

Supporting Member III./ZG76_Keller's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Cliffs of Dover gameplay video and YouTube

Years ago I posted a video to YouTube of myself flying a He 111 in the ATAG server bombing targets in "England" on the channel map. The only visible political symbol is the balkenkreuz on the wing of my He 111 at the beginning of the video. The rest of the footage is views from the bombsite of bombs going off on targets in virtual England. There is no overt text other than the video title "Bomben auf Engelland".

YouTube just informed me today that my video, which contained the music to the song "Bomben auf Engelland", has been removed from Youtube because it contained:

Content glorifying or inciting violence against another person or group of people is not allowed on YouTube. We also don't allow any content that encourages hatred of another person or group of people based on their membership in a protected group. We review educational, documentary, artistic, and scientific content on a case-by-case basis. Limited exceptions are made for content with sufficient and appropriate context and where the purpose of posting is clear.
    To be clear, this video was removed because it depicted content of violence against a group of people, not because of a copyright claim against the use of the music. You can search "Bomben auf Engelland" on Youtube and get multiple results with the same audio.

This could have ramifications for others that have posted similar videos on Youtube. I have appealed the decision, will keep you posted with the outcome.

III./ZG76 2N+ZR
    __________________________________________________ ______
    Intel Core i7 4970 @ 3.6 GHz, Win 7 64 bit, 16 GB Ram, GTX 980 4GB GPU

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    255.73 MB

Re: Cliffs of Dover gameplay video and YouTube

Wouldn't be surprised someone reported it because it had symbols they didn't like.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

To my knowledge the Balkenkreuz has never been deemed a hate symbol in any country.

Heck, youtube even uses the Balkenkreuz to exit fullscreen.

III./ZG76 2N+ZR

Manual Creation Group ATAG_Vampire's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    127.88 MB

Quote Originally Posted by III./ZG76_Keller View Post
    To my knowledge the Balkenkreuz has never been deemed a hate symbol in any country.

Heck, youtube even uses the Balkenkreuz to exit fullscreen.
    Still being used by the Bundeswehr to this day.

"A nation that forgets its past has no future." - Winston Churchill

My Rig: CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz Quard -Core Processor, Motherboard: Asus ROG MAXIMUS VIII HERO ALPHA ATX LGA1151, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 32GB (4x 8GB) DDR4- 3000
    Video Card:ASUS ROG STRIX RTX2080ti 11GB OS: Windows 10 Pro

Joystick: Virpil T50 Base with T50 Mongoose stick Throttle: Virpil T50 VPC HOTAS Monitor: Asus ROG Swift PG348Q Ultawide Rudder Pedals: Slaw Device RF DORA

5. Likes ATAG_Snapper liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    370.25 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Colander View Post
    Wouldn't be surprised someone reported it because it had symbols they didn't like.
    Yes I think that's it.
    Last edited by IIJG27Rich; Sep-02-2020 at 14:50.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

You can't ban and remove a video over a Balkenkreuz. There are thousands of videos on Youtube that would have to be removed.

III./ZG76 2N+ZR

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    280.96 MB

Well, given the fact the Galland himself wrote in his autobiography that Luftwaffe members despised this song, as well as the so-called 'Jägerlied', maybe the vid was removed because of a complaint of some old Luftwaffeveterans

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    353.11 MB

I make a fair number of bombing videos and as yet have not been flagged in any way except some questions about music copy rights . Generally I use pretty bad music from the public domain and not any thing trendy for that reason . I also see a question about "whether this video is suitable for children, I always answer, no its not suitable for children , even though I think it would be fine for a child to see . it is not particularly violent but I try to think like a stupid excitable person and so I say oh no children might have a bad reaction . I am also not sure if some how my content is monitored in some way so that the know pretty much all I make is bomber videos and they have decided I am pretty harmless some are even done in a joking manner . Please keep us informed about your case if you can I ll let you know if anything changes for me

Thanks TGIF

10. Likes ATAG_Snapper liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    167.36 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Vampire View Post
    Still being used by the Bundeswehr to this day.

Not exactly, the Bundeswehr/Luftwaffe uses the Iron Cross
    System: i7-6700K, MSI Nvidia 1070GTX, 16GB RAM, Gigabyte GA-Z170 K3, Win10 64Bit, TrackIR5, HOTAS Warthog, Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals, Sennheiser 350 Headset, LG 34' 21:9

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    213.59 MB

You have many games showing the nazi symbol and they do not get flagged, probably one of the reasons is because the "content creators" are popular, which for youtube, means, money, youtube would not care about a channel with 10 subscribers.

The doublestandards and hipocrisy has no finity.

To be clear, this video was removed because it depicted content of violence against a group of people, not because of a copyright claim against the use of the music. You can search "Bomben auf Engelland" on Youtube and get multiple results with the same audio.
    You can see it on this gameplay,

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Well that was quick.

Thank you for submitting your video appeal to YouTube. After further review, we've determined that your video is in violation of our Community Guidelines.
    A bit of an explanation would be nice, or a suggestion of what could be edited out to make the video acceptable.

III./ZG76 2N+ZR

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.25 GB

Well that was quick.

A bit of an explanation would be nice, or a suggestion of what could be edited out to make the video acceptable.
    I doubt there are any humans on the other end that thoroughly go through the video and make informed decisions about its offensive nature or not.
    Probably an AI making "decisions" based on words appearing in the complaint, and the location of the IP of the complainer...
    Some combinations probably lead to an automatic ban. I'll let you decide which ones
    Gigabyte Z390 UD | i7 9700K @3.60GHz | 16.0 GB | Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti
    TM Warthog HOTAS | Saitek pro rudder pedals | TrackIR 5 | TeamSpeak 3.3.2 | TS Notifier 1.6.0h

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

S!~

IMO YouTube can kiss my shizzlefass- from here to Ridiculous -Censorship-ville and back. Screw their absurd platform- full of triggered- bored snowflakes who mine through content to"report"to_give their pathetic lives some perceived meaning. Smile everyone- you're on board planet Stupid-Tube... No power in your real life? Ban someone! woo-hoo!

S!~ AKA_Blasto
    Last edited by AKA_Blasto; Sep-03-2020 at 23:19. Reason: lol_$U_You-bube
    <a href=http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2895&dateline=1384197801 target=_blank>http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.co...ine=1384197801</a>

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    139.65 MB

Sorry but you can't post red and white striped golfing umbrella's on YT.