Thread: One and Out

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    255.77 MB

One and Out

Don't know why but since I loaded Tobruk my computer has decided to allow only one mission. Then the screen becomes jumpy and obviously the frame rate or memory is somehow not as expected. I haven't changed any settings. Even if I return to earlier missions which I ran before Tobruk the same happens. I suppose I could change realism settings but I'm just wondering if anyone else has experienced this and if there is a known fix.
    The computer has always performed well at high settings in Single Player.
    Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    2.82 GB

Re: One and Out

Hi Ardu,

I would suggest try these fixes in order of severity

1, clean the cache - delete the folder called cache at location: Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\cache (the game re-makes this folder automatically.)

2, verify integrity of game files - in Steam, go to 'properties' of the game, 'local files' tab and click 'verify...' (the files are checked and repaired as needed.)

3, uninstall/reinstall the whole game (keep your files in 'Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover' of course.)

hope it helps

ASUS TUF Gaming A15 FA507NV, AMD Ryzen 7 7735HS CPU, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Laptop GPU, 8 GB GDDR6 VRAM, 16 GB DDR5 RAM, 512 GB SSD, Windows 11 Home 23H2, VPC MongoosT-50 Throttle, VKB Gladiator Pro, MFG Crosswind, Wheel Stand Pro, EIZO CS240, Track-IR 5

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    406.29 MB

Thanks for this, Bondi. Hope it helps Ardu.

I will incorporate your steps above in the Troubleshooting Guide (part of the Getting Started Guide in the EXTRAS part of the games Main Menu). Coincidentally, I found the latest 5.004 update installed normally, but I couldn’t get any Single or Quick Missions to load. I was getting a sound issue error message. Sure enough, after unsuccessfully trying exit/relaunch Blitz/Tobruk I found the Verify Integrity of Files did the trick. Who knows what I did to corrupt a sound file? Nonetheless, Steam only took a couple of minutes to go through the game files on my PC and correct the bad file.

Hey, if it worked for me maybe it will help Ardu and others.

Cheers!

HP Omen Laptop 15, AMD Ryzen 5 5600H 16 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6 GB VRAM Win 11 64 bit 22H2 (KB5020044), Nvidia GeForce Driver ver 527.56, TrackIR 5, Gear Falcon Trim Box, Gear Falcon Throttle Quadrant, TM16000 joystick, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Quadrant, Saitek Pro Combat rudder pedals
    VR: None
    Installation path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    255.77 MB

Thanks to both for your quick response and encouragement. Will try this shortly.

5. Likes ATAG_Snapper liked this post
    Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    255.77 MB

OK, tried first and second methods. Definitely worked for about 3 missions. Then the same issues started to return, but no where as badly as previously. (Maybe it's me, too much coffee?) The best "tell" seems to be the immediate decrease in zoom speed. Then when I change focus or move my head (have TrackIR) I notice a stuttering view as opposed to the previously smooth scan.

Now for the hard part. Alternate procedure 3 is to reload the game. Hate to show my lack of basic knowledge (I should be used to public stupidity by now) but I assume I do this in Steam. I see where I can delete the game but will I then get a menu to reload it?
    Once again, thanks for your help and patience.

Manual Creation Group ATAG_Ezzie's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    115.2 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Ardu View Post
    OK, tried first and second methods. Definitely worked for about 3 missions. Then the same issues started to return, but no where as badly as previously. (Maybe it's me, too much coffee?) The best "tell" seems to be the immediate decrease in zoom speed. Then when I change focus or move my head (have TrackIR) I notice a stuttering view as opposed to the previously smooth scan.

Now for the hard part. Alternate procedure 3 is to reload the game. Hate to show my lack of basic knowledge (I should be used to public stupidity by now) but I assume I do this in Steam. I see where I can delete the game but will I then get a menu to reload it?
    Once again, thanks for your help and patience.
    Hey ardu - this might be crazy talk and sorry if its totally unrelated. Do you have an nvidia graphics card? If so when you upgraded to Tobruk did you make sure that your nvidia control panel is pointing at the right .exe file after your upgrade?

https://theairtacticalassaultgroup.c...ghlight=nvidia

I'm a 'puter numptie and was on the beta so cant recall if i had to update my nvidia control panel to point at a new .exe and not the earlier version when i started beta testing.

It could be totally unrelated but before you go and reinstall maybe check this out just in case.

And another thing to check maybe - what vsynch setting are you using? When you get the stuttering is there also screen tearing? if so then maybe experiment with the vsynch settings to see if they make a difference perhaps?

Sorry if you have already eliminated these possibilities.

Good luck - hope you get it sorted.

Ezzie

8. Likes TWC_Fatal_Error liked this post
    Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    255.77 MB

Just an update. I have been struck by life when I had other plans so I have been so I have not had much of a chance to focus on this problem.
    I have tried the above solutions with no success. In fact the settings on my Nvidia Control Panel were remarkably consistent with the suggestions.
    Oddly, the game has slowed even further during my attempts to fix this issue. (Why is this surprising to me?)
    When I first encountered this issue I could run at least one mission before the problems showed themselves. Now the issues seem present with the first mission.
    The most noticeable problems appear related to head tracking (I have TrackIR). But I don't know if this is the cause of issues or simply the most obvious place to detect the issue.
    I am experimenting!
    To all who volunteered assistance: thank you! I will continue experimenting and if I find a solution I will post it.

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    22.61 MB

I always set trackIr to run on two cores not 4 using the afinity (right click) setting in task manager>details.

This seems to reduce stutter in both CloD and BoX for me, but in fairness it is not unplayable for me in the first place, so may not be of any use in your situation.

What mission is it that you are trying to run?

What resolution are you running for the game, if this is different to your normal display set pseudo window in the settings.
    Last edited by Yo-Yo; Sep-15-2020 at 13:05.
    I am Yo-Yo not YoYo (that's someone else)

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    255.77 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Yo-Yo View Post
    I always set trackIr to run on two cores not 4 using the afinity (right click) setting in task manager>details.

This seems to reduce stutter in both CloD and BoX for me, but in fairness it is not unplayable for me in the first place, so may not be of any use in your situation.

What mission is it that you are trying to run?

What resolution are you running for the game, if this is different to your normal display set pseudo window in the settings.
    Yo Yo, Thanks for your comments. I will try the IR suggestions. (Although I don't know if I can find where I can change the number of cores!)
    The missions are just single player ones, some I have created and some original ones. They are mostly low numbers of planes, 2-6.
    What surprised me was the game ran fine until I loaded Tobruk. Even then when I ran the first mission the graphics, TrackIR, speed, everything was spectacular.

There's something else I've noticed. An earlier suggestion was that I verify the game files. The first time I did this I got a message that there was a problem with one file. Eventually I reloaded the game. I still verify the files each time before I load the game. About half the time I get this same message.

Anyway, I will try to change TrackIR. Thanks for the suggestion!

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    22.61 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Ardu View Post
    Yo Yo, Thanks for your comments. I will try the IR suggestions. (Although I don't know if I can find where I can change the number of cores!)
    The missions are just single player ones, some I have created and some original ones. They are mostly low numbers of planes, 2-6.
    What surprised me was the game ran fine until I loaded Tobruk. Even then when I ran the first mission the graphics, TrackIR, speed, everything was spectacular.

There's something else I've noticed. An earlier suggestion was that I verify the game files. The first time I did this I got a message that there was a problem with one file. Eventually I reloaded the game. I still verify the files each time before I load the game. About half the time I get this same message.

Anyway, I will try to change TrackIR. Thanks for the suggestion!
    Run trackIR
    Open task manager
    Go to details tab
    Find track IR
    Select it and right click
    Choose set affinity
    Untick all processors and then select, in my case, the last two CPU2 and CPU3, isntead of all four.
    Run the game.

I doi this everytime I run anythign with TrackIR

I said about a using a certain mission because if you can state a specific one people can check then check how that runs for them, in comparison to other missions. But you seem to suggest every mission struggles?

My most important question though is this: Do you run CloD in the same resolution as your normal monitor status. If you don't, then definately run CloD in Psuedo full screen mode. because when I didn't, everytime I went out to a menu and went back to 'fly' my resolution was automatically being re-set too high (i.e. my descktop setting) and it ran terribly.
    I am Yo-Yo not YoYo (that's someone else)

13. Likes Ardu liked this post
    Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    255.77 MB

Yo-Yo, thanks again. I'm trying you're ideas but I am in the midst of lots of external issues. The TrackIR settings and the video settings seem to have smoothed the head movements. But the Zoom is still slow, even though it's set at 10. Still it seems to be better. I will continue to see how this works while dealing with lot's of other issues not related to the computer!
    Again thanks for your suggestions!

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    255.77 MB

Well, thanks everyone. I believe... hope this issue is resolved.
    Tried the above suggestions and along the way found I was having trouble getting access to the Nvidia Control Panel (NCP). Seems like that can be an issue for folks as perhaps Microsoft has decided they like their drivers better than anyone else. Not sure why this has become an issue.
    Ended up deleting my graphic drivers (have two video cards in an SLI setup) as well as the NCP. Eventually all reloaded and that included new drivers.
    I then re-visited the recommended settings for that panel, and while mine aren't exactly the same apparently the entire process has fixed this issue.
    I don't know which or if all the suggestions worked but I have used them all and so far things are going well!
    Fingers crossed!

16. Likes ATAG_Ezzie, ATAG_Colander liked this post