Thread: All metal Hurri?

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    6.72 GB

All metal Hurri?

( First posted at the GB / CloD /skins site.)
    Way back in the beginning of CloD there were several non-standard Hurricane skins available. If memory serves one was an all blue post war racing(?) skin & the other was an all red weather (?) skin version.There may have been one or two others but I never saw an all metal skin of any pre-production models.Last week I received a copy of Hawker Hurricane Mk1 a Wingleader Photo Archive Number Three compiled & written by Mark Postlewaite .On page 12 this beauty is pictured an ex-56 SquadronL1606 kite purchased back from the Air Ministry and used by Hawker for "trials"during the war.I'm not sure how or if metal skins work well with Clod and DWT jpg's,in GB they are absolutely stunning.In any case I thought perhaps one of the excellent skinners here might like to try to give this one a go.It would be lovely to go swanning about the 1940 English countryside in this "flash" Hurri!
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Likes ATAG_TCP liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    712.59 MB

Re: All metal Hurri?

Unfortunately the metal finish doesn't work well in Clod ( I am told).
    I believe that we can get a metal skin, but none of the panels or rivets or weathering etc. will show when it's used, so it looks unrealistic.
    Sorry.
    http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2673&dateline=1390351127

Principle skinner

4. Likes ATAG_TCP liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    6.72 GB

Major Setback,
    Thanks it was just a shot in the dark.I've never seen a metal skin in CloD so I was already thinking it was doubtful.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    2.56 GB

Quote Originally Posted by Blitzen View Post
    Major Setback, Thanks it was just a shot in the dark.I've never seen a metal skin in CloD so I was already thinking it was doubtful.
    Has that to do with lack or use of alpha channels? Still try to get my ole brain to comprehend what they do.
    Generally skins in CloD are nice, but get boring in a while. Some skinning options would be nice ...