Thread: Manning bofor, AA, tank - can't aim the gun with mouse?

Ace
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    130.02 MB

Manning bofor, AA, tank - can't aim the gun with mouse?

If I understand it correctly, when you jump into an AA, artillery, tank, or other vehicle that is playable, you are supposed to aim the weapon by holding down left-mouse and dragging it around.

Best instructions I know of for doing all this here: https://theairtacticalassaultgroup.c...ghlight=bofors

But ... when I jump into these things, I can do everything except aim the gun. I can drive, turn, look around, shoot the gun, etc.

No matter what I do with the mouse, the weapon aim never changes a bit.

Any guesses why?

I'm thinking at one point I must have made some change to settings/controls or maybe user.ini, conf.ini, or some other setting that made this stop working.

Just for example in my conf.ini I have these:

Code:
    [rts]
    ; 0 - not use, 1 - show cursor and not capture, 2 - not show cursor, and capture
    mouseUse=1

[rts_mouse]
    SensitivityX=9.0
    SensitivityY=9.0
    SensitivityZ=9.0
    Invert=1
    SwapButtons = 0
    Would that or any other settings change make the mouse aim stop working?

Or maybe it has something to do with Windows Mouse settings. Maybe there are 2 mice setup and CloD only recognizes one for this purpose?

Any other thoughts about what could cause this?
    Last edited by TWC_Flug; Sep-16-2020 at 05:45.
    System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64 bit, 10.0.18362 N/A Build 18362, 20,437 MB |
    ASUS GeForce GTX 1060 3GB | Intel Core i5-2500 Quad-Core Processor 3.3 GHz 6 MB Cache LGA 1155 | Intel DB65AL motherboard | ARCTIC Freezer i11 CPU Cooler | SVGA 500 watt power supply | Microsoft Sidewinder 2 Force Feedback joystick

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    2.82 GB

Re: Manning bofor, AA, tank - can't aim the gun with mouse?

try it with mouseUse=2 please,

3. Likes TWC_Flug liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

Not all artillery is player controlled, but with Bofors is just use the awkward "drag and drop" for move aim.

This Quick Mission has a Panzer III and Bofors that you can manage - for see that managed AAA/tanks in CloD is a very very crude thing, not even on par with we have in Warbirds in... 1990's.

https://theairtacticalassaultgroup.c...d&downloadid=4

When in those vehicles, don't press F2, you end stuck with camera fixed in the border between "anything and nowhere", neither "Shift+F1" (Lean to Gunsight) what in 5.005 cause CTD, as in Ju 88 and Br.20 bombsight's.
    Last edited by 1lokos; Sep-16-2020 at 11:46.

5. Likes TWC_Flug, fenbeiduo liked this post
    Ace
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    130.02 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Bonditaria View Post
    try it with mouseUse=2 please,
    I tried it with MouseUse=2 and that didn't make any difference.

A also completely removed the [rts_mouse] section, along with MouseUse=2, and that didn't make any difference.

However, I thought to completely wipe my conf.ini, confUser.ini, bldconf.ini, and user.ini (I didn't actually "wipe them" completely, I just moved to a different location so CloD would start fresh).

This solved the problem!

However, I still can't identify which specific setting(s) within which of those files is the cause.
    System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64 bit, 10.0.18362 N/A Build 18362, 20,437 MB |
    ASUS GeForce GTX 1060 3GB | Intel Core i5-2500 Quad-Core Processor 3.3 GHz 6 MB Cache LGA 1155 | Intel DB65AL motherboard | ARCTIC Freezer i11 CPU Cooler | SVGA 500 watt power supply | Microsoft Sidewinder 2 Force Feedback joystick

Ace
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    130.02 MB

OK, I have it narrowed down. It is in the [HotKey pilot] section:

NONWorking version:
    Code:
    [HotKey pilot]
    ... [many settings]
    [no MouseControl setting at all...]
    ...[many more settings]
    WORKING Version:
    Code:
    [HotKey pilot]
    ... [many settings]
    MouseLeft=MouseControl
    ... [many more settings]
    This appears to be the very last entry in Options/Controls/Aircraft "Mouse Control".

It looks like you can set this to different things, like "Mouse Right", "Mouse Middle", or just about any other key or joystick button.

What this does is, when you press that key, then the mouse controls the weapon movement.

So for example, I just changed the "Mouse Control" setting to "Alt" and Fire Weapon to "Space".

That seems to work pretty well. When I want to control the weapon, I hold down Alt and move the mouse. When I want to fire, I press space (right next to Alt). Release Alt and the mouse is back to normal.

One apparent flaw/bug here is that once you have changed "Mouse Control" to something different from "Mouse Left" it doesn't seem possible to change it back to "Mouse Left" within Clod.

(Presumably you could close CloD and hand-edit confUser.ini to re-enter MouseLeft=MouseControl.)

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

Quote Originally Posted by TWC_Flug View Post

This appears to be the very last entry in Options/Controls/Aircraft "Mouse Control".

It looks like you can set this to different things, like "Mouse Right", "Mouse Middle", or just about any other key or joystick button.

What this does is, when you press that key, then the mouse controls the weapon movement.

So for example, I just changed the "Mouse Control" setting to "Alt" and Fire Weapon to "Space".
    Mmm, this advice was adding confusion to a already confuse thing (Clod controls).

Controls > Keys > Aircraft > Mouse Control = Mouse left (default) is required for click in (some) cockpits controls, don't change this, not much useful/needed, but still...

Instead select the control "Mouse Control" click in New and add the key "Alt" (or whatever) required for those (awkward) tanks.

Mouse Control.jpg

CloD keys commands can be copied (New) and receive new keys/buttons assignments several times (don't know the limit). Axes commands no.

One apparent flaw/bug here is that once you have changed "Mouse Control" to something different from "Mouse Left" it doesn't seem possible to change it back to "Mouse Left" within Clod.

(Presumably you could close CloD and hand-edit confUser.ini to re-enter MouseLeft=MouseControl.
    "It's CloD!" Happens that for assign mouse clicks can't click inside the assignment window box - because this means select, so just click outside of the box borders.
    Is not necessary edit files for assign mouse clicks.

Mouse Control 2.jpg

BTW - By default "Mouse left" came assigned for "Mouse control", someone has been messing up the commands.

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    427.66 MB

Mrs. 1lokos = Ariadne?

10. Likes MG_Coronadiver liked this post