Thread: Link to the best tutorial

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    370.25 MB

Link to the best tutorial

where is the best tutorial on making a dogfight mission? I still can't get this thing to work after 9 years. Coops are no sweat.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

Re: Link to the best tutorial

Multiplayer?

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    370.25 MB

I'll just carry on making Coops
    Last edited by IIJG27Rich; Sep-25-2020 at 08:45.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

Look in Documents\1C... missions\Multi\Dogfigtht

Are some examples of "Dogfight" missions using that dumb maps (e.g. Cross and Roundel), who's meet "doghfighters" exigence of "2 minutes" flights.
    Open in FMB and modify as you like, e.g. adding AAA around spawn bases.

5. Likes Fred Karno, IIJG27Rich liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    370.25 MB

Quote Originally Posted by 1lokos View Post
    Look in Documents\1C... missions\Multi\Dogfigtht

Are some examples of "Dogfight" missions using that dumb maps (e.g. Cross and Roundel), who's meet "doghfighters" exigence of "2 minutes" flights.
    Open in FMB and modify as you like, e.g. adding AAA around spawn bases.
    Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    370.25 MB

Those wont work either. No choose sides flags and every plane is in the list. No create. You can't just hit play mission in the mission builder and it will launch so you can test it? Although that looks what happens here. Didn't work for me.

Last edited by IIJG27Rich; Sep-26-2020 at 01:31.

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    809.23 MB

Quote Originally Posted by IIJG27Rich View Post
    Those wont work either. No choose sides flags and every plane is in the list. No create. You can't just hit play mission in the mission builder and it will launch so you can test it? Although that looks what happens here. Didn't work for me.

You can only edit missions in the FMB , not run them this way (all missions run from FMB run as single player missions)

Sample dogfight missions that come with game are in {Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\missions\Multi\Dogfight}

I think all these dogfight test missions that come with the game have all planes available on the airfield spawns (by default) so you would need to use the FMB to limit the plane spawns .

Edit available planes at spawns airfields like so in FMB
    Clipboard01.jpg
    {I would suggest you make a copy of a sample dogfight mission though if you do this and not modify the stock sample missions}

To host a dogfight mission you really need to make a dedicated server , though it is possible to start a multiplayer server from the Multiplayer->Local Server (menu) similar to running a coop mission for testing purposes (see below video).

Hosting a dedicated COD/Tobruk server
    You would also need to configure the windows firewall and the internet router ports correctly if you want people to be able to join your server (That's beyond scope of this post).

This video shows how you can run a dogfight server (not dedicated) which you can use for testing purposes from the dogfight missions that come with the sim, using the COD game client.
    {note spawns by default have all planes available unless you edit these as explained above in the FMB}
    Last edited by Stix; Oct-27-2020 at 22:27. Reason: added video

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

Quote Originally Posted by Stix View Post
    You can only edit missions in the FMB , not run them this way (all missions run from FMB run as single player missions)
    As they say, "the mileage varies".

For test purpose, of course offline (SP), I am able to play missions - even campaign missions with hundred of objects; from inside FMB all day - sometimes I pass almost "all day" done this, trying make "impossible things" (scripts) work.

Including I set a key for speed the mission launch, in Options > Controls > Builder > "Play mission", I use Numpad / key, work flawless, more practical than mouse click twice in menu.

The only thing I notice is that vehicles may act a little different when launch the same mission from Single. But as vehicles always act bad...

That old issues of "flashing" lights due memory leaks for excessive use of FMB, common in the past don't happens anymore in 5.0xx... at least for a while.
    Last edited by 1lokos; Oct-27-2020 at 23:56.