Thread: RAF Redux Campaign missing briefing

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.13 GB

RAF Redux Campaign missing briefing

Hi everyone,

I just installed the RAF REDUX Campaign from Heinkill.

I unzipped it into ...bob/mission/campaign as outlined in the PDF. The missions are just running fine (great work), but I dont get the briefings for the mission. It is still the old text from the stock campaign. Also no debriefing screen and kill counts.
    I guess somehow the game is still linked to the old briefing files and loads the new missions. Does anybody experienced the same and has a workaround? Do I have to delete specific files in the campaign folder?

Thanks for help!

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    985.12 MB

Re: RAF Redux Campaign missing briefing

Custom campaigns installation was changed for 5.0 (but not documented yet).

Is no longer used the folder "Steam apps\common\il2...bob\parts\mission\campaign.."

Now you should put the campaign files in

..\Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\mission\campaign\custom - Create a New Folder, rename with campaign name, e.g. Cliffs of Dover - REDUX (use this suffix for Heinkill for differentiate from default campaign).

Place the Campaign.ini index in the root of the "custom" folder.

Campaing-custom.jpg

And if campaign use custom skins, place in

...\Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\PaintSchemes\Skins"Plane name/Mk"
    Last edited by 1lokos; Sep-25-2020 at 19:13.

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.11 GB

I've been trying for several days to get the game to recognize some downloaded campaigns. I'm confused. I've tried to understand and followed all the directions I've seen, above and elsewhere, with no luck. The following are the folders I'm concerned with.
    In my Documents folder/1CSoftClub, there are three sub-folders: 1)il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover, 2)il-2 cliffs of dover-MOD, 3)il-2 cliffs of dover-MOD(Blitz). I've been busy trying to follow the directions I've been able to find.
    My COD is in Steam. I've two game folders there: 1)IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover(which on longer opens), 2)IL-2 Cliffs of Dover Blitz.
    This is what I've done. In the 1CSoft Club I transferred the campaign folders to a "custom" folder-unable to find a "campaign.ini," (all the folders have a "stat.ini" file in them and nothing else). I copied and pasted a "campaign.ini" in the "custom" folder along with the campaign folders in all three of my 1CSoft Club folder.
    In Steam/common/...Blitz, I did the same.
    None of these attempts worked. The only campaigns in the game's "Campaign" window are the campaigns that came with the Tobruk addition.
    Below is what my 1CSoftClub "log.txt"reported.
    Any help appreciated.

Sorry, because I don't know how to transfer a file from the game to here, I'm forced to give you the whole bit.
    ------------ BEGIN log session [2020-09-25 11:12:40] -------------
    [11:13:04] [0] ERROR [SYSTEM] Failure processing custom campaign
    [11:13:04] D:\Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\mission\campaign\custom\campaigns.ini:
    [11:13:04] Campaign 'campaign01_27', no such folder campaign01_27
    [11:13:04] D:\Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\mission\campaign\custom\campaigns.ini:
    [11:13:04] Campaign 'campaign01_40', no such folder campaign01_40
    [11:13:04] Campaign 'campaign01_bf', no such folder campaign01_bf
    [11:13:04] Campaign 'campaign01_fr', no such folder campaign01_fr
    [11:13:04] Campaign 'campaign02_37RAF_3_july', no such folder campaign02_37RAF_3_july
    [11:13:04] Campaign 'campaign02_3RAAF_25_june', no such folder campaign02_3RAAF_25_june
    [11:13:04] Campaign 'campaign02_42Falco_2_18_July', no such folder campaign02_42Falco_2_18_July
    [11:13:04] Campaign 'campaign02_Gravity_5_July', no such folder campaign02_Gravity_5_July
    System:
    EVGA P55 FTW SLI / Intel Core i7 875K 2.93GHz / nVidia GeForce GTX680 2GB / 16GB DDR3 1600MHz / Windows 7 64bit
    Flight gear:
    Logitech Extreme 3D Pro / TrackIR 5 / Saitek Pro Flight Throttle Quadrant / CH Flight SIM Yoke

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.13 GB

Hello again,

thank you for the information. Copied all to the custom folder and simply added the campaign.init from bob folder. All works now. Additionally I changed language in Steam to English. Now the texts are what they are supposed to be.

Thanks for help...

5. Likes 1lokos liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    985.12 MB

Quote Originally Posted by jlan5031 View Post
    In my Documents folder/1CSoftClub, there are three sub-folders: 1)il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover, 2)il-2 cliffs of dover-MOD, 3)il-2 cliffs of dover-MOD(Blitz). I've been busy trying to follow the directions I've been able to find.
    Jlan,

Unless you are expert in deal with game folders, keep all this versions 1, 2, 3 in Documents just increase the confusion.

There's no campaign/mission that work only with specific CloD version, any work with al versions - minus, obviously, campaigns made for Tobuk, or using planes of Tobruk pack; so no reason for keep old versions.

Follow my advise in the above post - like Regloh did, put all in "Custom" folder and all will work OK.

Pay special attention when updating the file "Campaign.ini" - what is required do manually; any error there and campaign don't appear in menu.

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.11 GB

Thanks for all your responses.
    The campaigns still don't show up. I'm missing something, but I can't figure out what. These are the paths I have used.

1. 1SoftClib>il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover>mission>campaign>custom>campaign_deREDUX>sta te.ini (plus 14 other campaigns and a campaign.ini).

2. OSC>...>SteamApps>common>IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz>campaign>custom>campaign_REDUX>state.ini (plus 14 other campaigns and a campaign.ini.

Any ideas where I went wrong?
    System:
    EVGA P55 FTW SLI / Intel Core i7 875K 2.93GHz / nVidia GeForce GTX680 2GB / 16GB DDR3 1600MHz / Windows 7 64bit
    Flight gear:
    Logitech Extreme 3D Pro / TrackIR 5 / Saitek Pro Flight Throttle Quadrant / CH Flight SIM Yoke

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    985.12 MB

1 - in Documents... \custom\ you should put the Campaign.ini and all mission files (.mis, .cs, .misroads, etc), those in an folder with respective campaign name.
    Don't bother with "state.ini" this is no longer used anymore with this name and game automatically create an appropriated.

Example of "Campaign.ini" in custom folder, with 6 campaigns, notice that don't contain campaign_gb and campaign_de, why in 2.

Code:
    [Main]
    campaign_18th_August_1940
    campaign_Battle_of_France
    campaign_Dunkirk
    campaign_Eagle_Day
    campaign_First_Combat_August_1940
    campaign_Spitfire_Dawn

[campaign_18th_August_1940]
    folder campaign_18th_August_1940
    title August 18, 1940
    image Poster.bmp

[campaign_Battle_of_France]
    folder campaign_Battle_of_France
    title Battle of France
    image Poster.bmp

[campaign_Dunkirk] 
    folder campaign_Dunkirk
    title Dunkirk: Operation "Dynamo"
    image Poster.bmp

[campaign_Eagle_Day]
    folder campaign_Eagle_Day
    title Eagle Day
    image Poster.bmp

[campaign_First_Combat_August_1940]
    folder campaign_First_Combat_August_1940
    title First Combat, August 1940
    image Poster.bmp

[campaign_Spitfire_Dawn]
    folder campaign_Spitfire_Dawn
    title campaign Spitfire Dawn
    image Poster.bmp

2 - Don' keep any files of custom campaign there, just the default campaigns (campaign_gb and campaign_de) files, plus their Campaign.ini, that should contains only:

Code:
    [Main]
    campaign_gb
    campaign_de

[campaign_gb]
    folder campaign_gb
    title Cliffs Of Dover
    image Poster.bmp

[campaign_de]
    folder campaign_de
    title Adler Angriff
    image Poster.bmp
    And Tobruk oficial campaign (made by TFS).

Resume:
    Custom campaigns all in Documents...\custom

Oficial campaigns in ... SteamApps\...

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

I'm struggling with this also.

Is there something I need to do to make the game read the custom folder? To activate custom campaigns?

I've dropped the files and .ini into the locations instructed in this thread but nothing shows up in the game when selecting Single Player>Campaign. All I am seeing are the 2 vanilla campaigns which come with the game.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    985.12 MB

No, nothing special is need.

"Campaign_name" folder inside the folder:

..\Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\mission\campaign\custom\

Update the file "Campaing.ini" - in the Custom folder, or create one just for this campaign, and name with the same name of "campaign_name" folder.

Probable the cause of campaign being MIA is:

Old campaigns don't have the file "campaign.mis" file - that is just a map reference, so create one inside campaign folder whit this lines:

Code:
    [PARTS]
      core.100
      bob.100
    [MAIN]
      MAP Land$English_Channel_1940
      BattleArea 150000 100000 100000 150000 1000
      TIME 12
      WeatherIndex 0
      CloudsHeight 0
      BreezeActivity 0
      ThermalActivity 0
    [splines]
    [CustomChiefs]
    [Stationary]
    [Buildings]
    [BuildingsLinks]
    Don't change folders, files names, if have _ (underline) keep.